Maid (Town Protective)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Maid (Town Protective)

Postby DemonicKraken » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:44 am

Role Name:
Maid

Role Alignment:
Town Protective

Abilities:
- Serve up to 3 people each night

Attributes:
- Serving people gives them powerful protection.
- You can protect all 3 people if all 3 of them are attacked.
- After serving someone, you cannot serve them again for two more nights. (Regardless of whether you protect any of your targets or not)
- You can serve yourself once.

Notifications:
You have decided to serve (NAME) tonight.
You have decided to serve (NAME) and (NAME) tonight.
You have decided to serve (NAME), (NAME), and (NAME) tonight.
You heard a murderer sneaking into (NAME)'s house and drove them off. (can appear up to 3 times)
You hear shouting in the night and a window breaking. You've been protected by a Maid!

Goal:
Lynch every criminal and evildoer

Win Conditions:
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Witches
You win with the Town
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator - Investigator, Maid, Consigliere, Executioner, Amnesiac
Consigliere - Your target cleans several houses for a living. They must be a Maid.

Achievements:
Clean Home - Win your first game as a Maid
Swept Away - Win 5 games as a Maid
Dirt Free - Win 10 games as a Maid
Stainless Town - Win 25 games as a Maid
Get Out! - Successfully protect somebody from death.
Busy Night - Successfully protect more then 1 person in one night
Self-Care - End up protecting yourself.

Additional Information:
Unique.

Lore:
The lady walked quietly into the first building in her trip tonight with a broom, dustpan, and other such cleaning supplies. Desperate for cash, she had begun work as a Maid, hoping it would pay well enough to keep her life stable. The lady, quiet as to ensure the owner of the house's peaceful sleep was not interrupted, went from room to room, sweeping and cleaning every inch.

It wasn't paying much, but then again, it wasn't the most stressful or difficult job in the town. She was definitely having a much better time then the Bodyguard found dead last night, or the Vigilante struck with grief after shooting a fellow townie.. As the Maid finished up the last room and prepared to head for the next house on her trip tonight, she heard the door to the building lockpicked. Panicking, she rushed to hide inside of a closet. While the darkness obscured the face of the man who entered, one thing was for sure: he was holding a knife, glittering in the moonlight.

Desperate to ensure her pay tomorrow, she readies her broom and charges, shouting at the Serial Killer. Shocked by the sudden attack, he was caught off guard and ended up dropping his knife onto the floor. Seeing his current situation, he decided his only option was to run. As the Maid saw him jump out of a window she had left open, a thought entered her mind as she shook her head and readied to continue her trip for the night. She really wasn't paid enough for this.
Last edited by DemonicKraken on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
DemonicKraken
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Maid (Town Protective)

Postby Pikachu5128 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:01 am

This is just too op, a doctor that heals 3 people.
Favorite Role: Jailor
Meh roles: Coven Leader, Potion Master, Mafioso, Godfather
HATED ROLES: Forger, Consort, Ambusher, Disguiser, Medium, Psychic, (even though its really important) Hex Master, Medusa, Veteran, Vigilante, yeah i hate a lot of roles...
Pikachu5128
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:26 am

Pikachu5128 wrote:This is just too op, a doctor that heals 3 people.

^

Kirize12 wrote:No papa

^

There’s nothing more to it. It’s just a Doc who can protect 3 people, or just himself and 2 other people. Its power levels are comparable to Jailor and Retributionist.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Does that mean you can only protect those 3 if ALL three are attacked?
Such as if all the people you 'serve' are attacked, you protect them. If one isn't, you don't?

Examples of how I am thinking:
- You 'serve' numbers 1, 7 and 14. 1 and 14 are attacked that night, 7 didn't. All three dies.
- You 'serve' numbers 4 and 8. Both are attacked, you saved both.
- You 'serve' numbers 8 and 12. One is attacked, both dies.

That's how I read it, lemme know.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby DemonicKraken » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Pikachu5128 wrote:This is just too op, a doctor that heals 3 people.

^

Kirize12 wrote:No papa

^

There’s nothing more to it. It’s just a Doc who can protect 3 people, or just himself and 2 other people. Its power levels are comparable to Jailor and Retributionist.

"You cannot target anybody two nights in a row."
i can change the wait from one night to two if it still seems a bit overly good.

JacksonVirgo wrote:

Does that mean you can only protect those 3 if ALL three are attacked?
Such as if all the people you 'serve' are attacked, you protect them. If one isn't, you don't?

Examples of how I am thinking:
- You 'serve' numbers 1, 7 and 14. 1 and 14 are attacked that night, 7 didn't. All three dies.
- You 'serve' numbers 4 and 8. Both are attacked, you saved both.
- You 'serve' numbers 8 and 12. One is attacked, both dies.

That's how I read it, lemme know.

Incorrect. It doesnt matter how many are attacked: they're protected. The thing is, choosing more targets means less targets you can protect the next night.
DemonicKraken
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Brilliand » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:46 pm

The non-repetition helps, but I think the massive amount of heal spam ensures that the Maid will heal somebody every few nights at least, which is better than staying on one person like the Doctor usually does.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MoustachioMario » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 am

Make it where it can target only one person

and Maybe this role will sacrifice themselves for their target but know who the killer is (Makes medium more important) :D
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby DemonicKraken » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 am

Brilliand wrote:The non-repetition helps, but I think the massive amount of heal spam ensures that the Maid will heal somebody every few nights at least, which is better than staying on one person like the Doctor usually does.

Two night wait it is.
MoustachioMario wrote:Make it where it can target only one person

and Maybe this role will sacrifice themselves for their target but know who the killer is (Makes medium more important) :D

Ew. Incredibly medium-reliant not-quite-a-bodyguard-clone. E w.
DemonicKraken
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Brilliand » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:33 am

DemonicKraken wrote:Two night wait it is.

So the Maid has a 20% chance to prevent a kill the first night, which settles down to a 33% chance after she narrows the town down to 9 non-mafia (either by deaths or by scumreading).

So with the 2-night cooldown, the Maid might get... 2 heals per game? Which is about what you get from a clever doctor (assuming the maf isn't braindead). So, this role seems fair power-wise now, but it still has problems with being a low-skill role - it doesn't take much skill to get up to the 20% and 33% numbers I mentioned, and it's very hard to push your healrate higher than that.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am

this role is never gonna work in any scenario expect role madness
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 am

if all 2/3 people need to be attacked in order for the protection to happen then this is a semi-decent idea i guess
probably still powercreeping onto doctor though

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DemonicKraken » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:28 am

Alright, let me just point out the thing.

Maid is more powerful with less consistency. Think about this for a moment: Maid is the only TP. Jailor revealed D1 and needs protection. Maid can protect Jailor N1...and then not N2 or N3. Maid can protect several people, yes, but it cant repeat several times on a confirmed role such as a revealed mayor.

heck part of me wants to turn it back to only a one-night wait because of all that but idk
DemonicKraken
Survivor
Survivor

Postby DestructionII » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 am

DemonicKraken wrote:Alright, let me just point out the thing.

Maid is more powerful with less consistency. Think about this for a moment: Maid is the only TP. Jailor revealed D1 and needs protection. Maid can protect Jailor N1...and then not N2 or N3. Maid can protect several people, yes, but it cant repeat several times on a confirmed role such as a revealed mayor.

heck part of me wants to turn it back to only a one-night wait because of all that but idk

But Doctor can't heal a confirmed mayor at all? So the fact that this role can still protect a revealed mayor sounds like it is a buffed Doctor that can serve 3 people even though it has nonconsecutive "heals".
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby DemonicKraken » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 pm

DestructionII wrote:
DemonicKraken wrote:Alright, let me just point out the thing.

But Doctor can't heal a confirmed mayor at all? So the fact that this role can still protect a revealed mayor sounds like it is a buffed Doctor that can serve 3 people even though it has nonconsecutive "heals".

that's incredibly specific and refers to only one role. so it can heal the mayor sometimes. assuming it's fine if it couldn't heal revealed mayor, then even if it IS a better doc because of the mayor thing, its barely better and differentiates itself.

but honestly its a small thing that doesn't matter all that much imo. but if i really feel like i have too, i could always block it from serving a revealed mayor. but i really dont consider that necessary
DemonicKraken
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:37 am

demonic, this role is not gonna work out. please stop. think about this for a moment. if doc was non consecutive it would barely be a nerf to it, but if it could heal 2 people it would be 200% as efficient

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Brilliand » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Flake wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
DemonicKraken wrote:Two night wait it is.

So the Maid has a 20% chance to prevent a kill the first night, which settles down to a 33% chance after she narrows the town down to 9 non-mafia (either by deaths or by scumreading).

So with the 2-night cooldown, the Maid might get... 2 heals per game? Which is about what you get from a clever doctor (assuming the maf isn't braindead). So, this role seems fair power-wise now, but it still has problems with being a low-skill role - it doesn't take much skill to get up to the 20% and 33% numbers I mentioned, and it's very hard to push your healrate higher than that.

Is it not the exact opposite

A 2 night delay isn't nearly enough to outweigh the benefit of being able to heal 2 per night

And the role requires more skill than Doctor because of increase in role utility's dependence on decision making

I am not seeing where you are coming from with this argument

Maybe I just missed what this role's strategy would be. This role is unable to use the Doctor's usual strategy of staying on the most important townie (or the next player in a TP chain), and it would actually get pretty good results from the low-skill strategy of randomly healing as many people as possible each night, so I compared a Maid acting randomly with a Doctor playing skillfully, and wound up with similar numbers.

A Maid acting randomly will quickly fall into a pattern of healing each other player exactly 1 in 3 nights (as soon as that player comes off cooldown), which makes a 33% chance of stopping any given attack (unless the killers can figure out which players the maid is healing on each night).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas