Spy rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Spy rework

Postby ZackTheMaf666 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 am

Pretend this never happened. I don’t know what I was thinking when I made this, but when I reread what this post was more recently, I felt like an idiot. I do feel that the spy doesn’t work like I would expect a spy to work, but that’s it. I’m an idiot, sorry that this ever existed.
Last edited by ZackTheMaf666 on Wed May 01, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMG, bring back Vigilantics. I miss it.
ZackTheMaf666
Witch
Witch

Re: Spy rework

Postby Brilliand » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 pm

So your suggestion is to bring spychecks back, and go all in on the Spy's ability to hardcounter every random mafia role at once? Terrible idea.

Also, I find it strange that you're removing the bug ability here when you complained about me removing the bug ability in my spy rework thread.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ZackTheMaf666 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:26 am

The bug ability, it’s one of two abilities, I think it shouldn’t be removed. When it’s one of four, it’s closer to a slight nerf.

My whole thing with spychecks, I don’t like them either. Problem is, the spy is so nerfed, he’s no longer required to even be sneaky around the mafia, which was the whole point of the spy. Now, as I said, you’re useless unless you tell others publicly. Not much of a spy anymore.
BMG, bring back Vigilantics. I miss it.
ZackTheMaf666
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:45 pm

ZackTheMaf666 wrote:My whole thing with spychecks, I don’t like them either. Problem is, the spy is so nerfed, he’s no longer required to even be sneaky around the mafia, which was the whole point of the spy. Now, as I said, you’re useless unless you tell others publicly. Not much of a spy anymore.

From what I recall, the spy never really had a "hide from the mafia" thing going on, where he could convince the Mafia that he didn't exist and so use his powers to full effect. It was more like: The Mafia would always assume he existed without evidence, so the mere possibility of the "Spy" role made it so the Mafia couldn't use their "Mafia Chat" ability that was supposed to be one of their perks.

Similarly, I don't think letting the Spy see the mafia targeting in realtime will give the Spy any new power. All it will do is deny the Mafia the freedom to change their minds once they've clicked a target.

Now, if the spy could miss things due to not having made the right choice of what to spy on... that would be different. (Hence the suggestion I made in my thread.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LuckyBoi57 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:58 pm

Maybe the Spy could be able to see the mafia chat only three times per game. The Spy could pick anytime during the day if they want to see the mafia chat the night following. This change would still allow the Mafia to chat freely but have fear that the Spy could have chosen to spy on them that night and see what they are saying.
LuckyBoi57

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:56 pm

Spy is still overpowered, what the fuck are you talking about??
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Sylek » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:55 pm

People have been talking about a spy nerf here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=97759
Might have some ideas to use, including my own suggestion of making spy a unique role.
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Postby Brilliand » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Sylek wrote:People have been talking about a spy nerf here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=97759
Might have some ideas to use, including my own suggestion of making spy a unique role.

It isn't supposed to be there, though. That thread is in a subforum that has a sticky saying not to post role changes there...
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Spy sucks your version doesn't fix it but I agree it's a horriblely made role.

Remove it along with ret and replace them with better roles.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas