Hunter (Vampire Replacement)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Hunter (Vampire Replacement)

Postby Seththeking » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 am

Hunter
Town Killing

Vampire Hunter Replacement.

Attack: Basic or Powerful (don’t know yet)
Defence: None

On Odd Nights choose a player and kill them if they are a Scum that is Harmful (So Converting, Killing, Dousing, Hexing ETC)

On Even Nights choose a player and kill them if they are a Scum that’s Semi Harmful (No Visiting, Framing, Investigating, ETC)

If a town member is framed you will treat them as scum.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Hunter (Vampire Replacement)

Postby Transcender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:25 pm

This is quite overpowered, you could easily take out alot on in Modes such as custom, All Any, Ranked, and most others.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 am

buffed infinite shot, no guilt not to mention can only kill scum basically
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 am

Seththeking wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:buffed infinite shot, no guilt not to mention can only kill scum basically

It’s conditional, Vigilante is not.

Not to mention it’s a super easy fake claim and if someone Hard claims this role scum can eiasly avoid if
Last edited by Seththeking on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:19 am

Still, if you have, for example, a BG claim and target them on an odd night, if they don't die you know they're 99% town because GF/Arso would have been killed. It becomes too easy to confirm town with this role.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am

Chemist1422 wrote:Still, if you have, for example, a BG claim and target them on an odd night, if they don't die you know they're 99% town because GF/Arso would have been killed. It becomes too easy to confirm town with this role.

Not if I make the attack Basic. :/
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:23 am

Seththeking wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:Still, if you have, for example, a BG claim and target them on an odd night, if they don't die you know they're 99% town because GF/Arso would have been killed. It becomes too easy to confirm town with this role.

Yes, but then it would be informed that its target was immune. Or if you had a confirmed investigator give Invest/Consig/Mayor on someone and you target them on even, they're confirmed town.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

Yes, but then it would be informed that its target was immune. Or if you had a confirmed investigator give Invest/Consig/Mayor on someone and you target them on even, they're confirmed town.

Not if I make the messages a Hunter gets Silent
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Seththeking wrote:It’s conditional, Vigilante is not.

The conditional is a slight disadvantage, but it doesn't come close to making up for the safety and the TI powers.

Seththeking wrote:Not if I make the messages a Hunter gets Silent

Offering to change the role every time someone raises an objection does not really help. If you make this change, you'll probably find that we have just as many objections, just different ones.

You should, of course, actually change the role if you think you can improve it. Just... don't change it constantly in response to every comment, because then it starts to feel like the role's mechanics are just unknown regardless of what the OP says.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby DestructionII » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 pm

A buffed Vigilante. You have infinite shots, are unable to kill town (just evils), and if you suspect someone is evil, you can select them to see if they are evil or not.

If the person you select does not get stabbed, that is actually an advantage since this tells you that they are good or semi-evil/evil.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Being unable to shoot Jesters is at least a slight disadvantage.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Jackparrot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:09 am

The hunter can only kill any scum, making it the most OP role in the game! Framers successfully framing someone is also quite rare, so thehunter wouldn’t worry about it.

/Nosupport
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Transcender » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Brilliand wrote:Being unable to shoot Jesters is at least a slight disadvantage.

does that matter though? having a auto-scum kill is way too op
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Brilliand » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Google wrote:
Brilliand wrote:Being unable to shoot Jesters is at least a slight disadvantage.

does that matter though? having a auto-scum kill is way too op

It's the job I most often see Vigilantes doing.

It doesn't make up for all the other advantages this role has, though.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SweetLionButt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Why does this have to be a vampire replacement?? I don't understand that.
SweetLionButt
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:43 pm

SweetLionButt wrote:Why does this have to be a vampire replacement?? I don't understand that.

It's basically a Vampire Hunter but countering all evils instead of just Vampires.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Seththeking » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Brilliand wrote:
SweetLionButt wrote:Why does this have to be a vampire replacement?? I don't understand that.

It's basically a Vampire Hunter but countering all evils instead of just Vampires.

Yeah that's mainly what I wanted to get reworked. I'd like BMG to rework Vampire Hunter into just Hunter - TK. that hunts all evils and not just vampires so that it can be another TK claim for Scum because Veteran and Vigilante are both risky claims for scum to claim.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DestructionII » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Seththeking wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

Yeah that's mainly what I wanted to get reworked. I'd like BMG to rework Vampire Hunter into just Hunter - TK. that hunts all evils and not just vampires so that it can be another TK claim for Scum because Veteran and Vigilante are both risky claims for scum to claim.

You have to understand that this is a buffed Vigilante.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Seththeking » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm

DestructionII wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

You have to understand that this is a buffed Vigilante.

Yes and No. In the art of killing, Yes. in the art of usefulness, not really.

It can only kill scum or those who are framed, doused/hexed yes. However by the time you do kill someone it's late game and by that time scum may gain majority and lynch you or kill you. It's like a guessing game. you have 6/30 chance of getting it right because 6 scum, 15 players, 2 different night guesses. While Vigilante can get confirmed early game when possible, this role can't always. When someone hard claims this role, scum can easily avoid it by visiting or not visiting, then miss lynching the person who claimed Hunter.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Seththeking wrote:It can only kill scum or those who are framed, doused/hexed yes. However by the time you do kill someone it's late game and by that time scum may gain majority and lynch you or kill you. It's like a guessing game. you have 6/30 chance of getting it right because 6 scum, 15 players, 2 different night guesses. While Vigilante can get confirmed early game when possible, this role can't always. When someone hard claims this role, scum can easily avoid it by visiting or not visiting, then miss lynching the person who claimed Hunter.

Vigilante can be confirmed early by shooting a town and killing himself, yes, but that isn't an advantage.

Vigilante:
- If he chooses scum, scum dies
- If he chooses town, 2 town die

Hunter:
- If he chooses town, nothing happens

Hunter has it much better. At least it has a guessing game - the Vigilante can't play the guessing game at all (without getting a heavy penalty), but instead has to actually know who is evil.

Granted, the odd/even split slows the Hunter down, but you aren't even talking about the odd/even split while defending your role, so I don't know why I'm even giving you credit for it...
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Seththeking » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Seththeking wrote:It can only kill scum or those who are framed, doused/hexed yes. However by the time you do kill someone it's late game and by that time scum may gain majority and lynch you or kill you. It's like a guessing game. you have 6/30 chance of getting it right because 6 scum, 15 players, 2 different night guesses. While Vigilante can get confirmed early game when possible, this role can't always. When someone hard claims this role, scum can easily avoid it by visiting or not visiting, then miss lynching the person who claimed Hunter.

Vigilante can be confirmed early by shooting a town and killing himself, yes, but that isn't an advantage.

Vigilante:
- If he chooses town, 2 town die

Hunter:
- If he chooses town, nothing happens

Hunter has it much better. At least it has a guessing game - the Vigilante can't play the guessing game at all (without getting a heavy penalty), but instead has to actually know who is evil.

Granted, the odd/even split slows the Hunter down, but you aren't even talking about the odd/even split while defending your role, so I don't know why I'm even giving you credit for it...

The TG version of Vigilante it doesn't die of guilt. it only loses all their bullets.
Yeah I understand what your saying about the lack of penalty. Thus why I shall figure something out to grant this role as equal to the Vigilante as Possible.
Give this role another disadvantage other then the "Guessing Game". Maybe something like, who ever scum visits will appear as Framed to you?
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Seththeking wrote:The TG version of Vigilante it doesn't die of guilt. it only loses all their bullets.

Why are you talking about TG?

This is about Town of Salem.

Seththeking wrote:Give this role another disadvantage other then the "Guessing Game". Maybe something like, who ever scum visits will appear as Framed to you?

That's just weird. The new disadvantage should make more thematic sense.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Seththeking » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:14 am

Brilliand wrote:
Seththeking wrote:The TG version of Vigilante it doesn't die of guilt. it only loses all their bullets.

Seththeking wrote:Give this role another disadvantage other then the "Guessing Game". Maybe something like, who ever scum visits will appear as Framed to you?

Then what do YOU Suggest?
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:22 am

Seththeking wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

Then what do YOU Suggest?

I think trying to generalize the Vampire Hunter to affect all scum was just a bad idea.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas