Magician (Mafia support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Magician (Mafia support)

Postby Jackparrot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Good day everyone, I hope this role is more balanced then the last

Name: Magician

Alinement: Mafia(Deception)

Abilities:
You may choose to replace a player's role and will with another player's role and will

Attributes:
You only visit the person that is having their role and will switched
Standard mafia attributes

Special attributes:
Unique
Can visit other mafia


Investigator Results: Your target could be a Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf or Magician

Goal: Kill anyone that opposes the mafia

How this role works:

Spoiler: The magician will choose two targets, the Left one is the person who's will will replace the role and will of the person in the right column. Say the magician chooses to replace a's role and will with B's. B's role and will will be replaced with A's

Lore:
Spoiler: Ever since a young age, the magician loved to play tricks on his friends. As he got got older, his tricks got more and more coplex and powerful. Eventually, he ran a way from home to join the Salem circus. One night, while preforming, the godfather noticed the abilities of the young man who preformed tricks. A few nights later while rehersing for the next big show, the boy got a visit from the godfather and his henchmen. "I have noticed your abilities for sswitching things around, and causing confusion, I believe you would be a great addition to the mafia ranks." The Gofather said. "We know your past" The blackmailer said, "and if you don't join, prepare for the past to become your present" he continued. The boy quickly packed, and headed out with the three men, preparing for his new future."

Future ideas:
Spoiler: Prehaps the magician could be able to write up a will (like the forger)

Any suggestions or questions? Post them down below!

-Jackparrot
I am not as active as I used to be, find me on discord.

Last visited here on the 17th of august, 2019
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am
Location: Canada

Re: Magician (Mafia support)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 pm

So is the role just a role+will swapper?

Like if John (mafioso) and Joe (jailor) get swapped and the mafioso dies. Everyone sees that they are the Jailor and then have the Jailor's will. And Joe then has the mafioso's role and will?

If so, this is very situational and this kinda combines Disguiser (which allows any person in the mafia to use not just one which is too OP) and forger.
JacksonVirgo
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Magician (Mafia support)

Postby Jackparrot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:So is the role just a role+will swapper?

Like if John (mafioso) and Joe (jailor) get swapped and the mafioso dies. Everyone sees that they are the Jailor and then have the Jailor's will. And Joe then has the mafioso's role and will?
Yes, that’s how mafia this role works.

If so, this is very situational and this kinda combines Disguiser (which allows any person in the mafia to use not just one which is too OP) and forger.


Yeah it does combine forg and disg, now that I realize. However, I believe this is a good thing as disg and forg are both very weak roles on their own, however if they are combined, they are a lot stronger. I disagree that this role is situational, it’s uses are broad enough so that it is useful every game. Also, some other roles (framer for example) are situational.
I am not as active as I used to be, find me on discord.

Last visited here on the 17th of august, 2019
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am
Location: Canada

Re: Magician (Mafia support)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Jackparrot wrote:Yeah it does combine forg and disg, now that I realize. However, I believe this is a good thing as disg and forg are both very weak roles on their own, however if they are combined, they are a lot stronger. I disagree that this role is situational, it’s uses are broad enough so that it is useful every game. Also, some other roles (framer for example) are situational.


So are you saying you would remove Disguiser and Forger completely from the game an then add this? Honestly to me it seems really situational and if you give me an example/s or why it isn't that'd be cool but Framer and Disguiser are both situational and a combination of them would be as well without a lot of other modification. Because the only use this role would have is to confuse town by swapping two roles and by giving mafia claim space for a few days until town figures out what the hell happened.

Questions tho:
Does this role know who the roles which are swapped?
Do the swapped people know the other persons will?
How long do the swaps last?
How would the wills work if the swaps can last multiple nights?

Because if this role knows who they swapped (like the CL) it would also combine the Consigliere which is probably a bad idea but without that it is situational again where you need a consigliere or a 'confirmed' town which probably are being checked by the LO to swap and in that, it isn't a very good role. If you disagree lemme know :)
JacksonVirgo
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Magician (Mafia support)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:21 am

This would bring back the old Disguiser Meta of putting your IGN in your will so if this did happen to you, you would confirm there is a Magician.

Basically pointless if the Meta is brought back like that (which it will be) so honestly this role doesn't really stop any information from leaking or even really support anything.


Imma go with a fat no
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Magician (Mafia support)

Postby Jackparrot » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:40 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Jackparrot wrote:Yeah it does combine forg and disg, now that I realize. However, I believe this is a good thing as disg and forg are both very weak roles on their own, however if they are combined, they are a lot stronger. I disagree that this role is situational, it’s uses are broad enough so that it is useful every game. Also, some other roles (framer for example) are situational.


So are you saying you would remove Disguiser and Forger completely from the game an then add this? Honestly to me it seems really situational and if you give me an example/s or why it isn't that'd be cool but Framer and Disguiser are both situational and a combination of them would be as well without a lot of other modification. Because the only use this role would have is to confuse town by swapping two roles and by giving mafia claim space for a few days until town figures out what the hell happened.

Questions tho:
Does this role know who the roles which are swapped?
Do the swapped people know the other persons will?
How long do the swaps last?
How would the wills work if the swaps can last multiple nights?

Because if this role knows who they swapped (like the CL) it would also combine the Consigliere which is probably a bad idea but without that it is situational again where you need a consigliere or a 'confirmed' town which probably are being checked by the LO to swap and in that, it isn't a very good role. If you disagree lemme know :)


I don’t think this role is situational, as it is always useful to mess with the claim space (in ranked). Since the magician can swap people’s will multiple times, they can make it so that it appears there is no TI slots left. Also, by swapping with unique roles, the unique role is much more likely to get lynched.

To answer your questions:
1. They don’t know. (Unless the person claimed of course)
2. They do not know they were swapped, so they do not know the other persons will.
3. Swaps last that night only.
4. See #3

Mace8937 wrote:This would bring back the old Disguiser Meta of putting your IGN in your will so if this did happen to you, you would confirm there is a Magician.

Basically pointless if the Meta is brought back like that (which it will be) so honestly this role doesn't really stop any information from leaking or even really support anything.


Imma go with a fat no


Your right, this could become quite problematic. If we allowed the magician to forge wills, I believe this could help. Do you think it is a good idea?
I am not as active as I used to be, find me on discord.

Last visited here on the 17th of august, 2019
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am
Location: Canada

Re: Magician (Mafia support)

Postby Mace8937 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 am

Jackparrot wrote:
Your right, this could become quite problematic. If we allowed the magician to forge wills, I believe this could help. Do you think it is a good idea?

It would be a good idea, if not for the fact of the 20 second night timer. I personally see that

1. I think the UI upgrades to make this possible (the extra stuff for editing 2 wills at once) will not, and most likely cannot exist in game.

2. 20 second night timer. Just not enough time to do it even if the UI had that feature.

Idk what to do to help
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests