Killers Role Ideas

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Killers Role Ideas

Postby PaxArias » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Serial Killer (Mass Murderer)

Alignment: Neutral (Killing)

Abilities:

-Choose a target(s) to kill at night. You have basic defense.

Attributes

- If you manage to kill all of your targets at night, you will gain the ability to choose an extra target at night, up to 2 targets total.

(Ex: Kill 1/1 you can choose 2 targets. Kill 1/2, stay at 2. Kill 2/2, become the Mass Murderer.)

- If you manage to kill 2/2 targets, you will become the Mass Murderer, gaining the abilities to choose up to 3 targets at night and gaining strong defense.

Goals

- You're obsessed with killing, and each kill fuels your blood lust, eventually to become a Mass Murderer. Kill all who would oppose you.

Side Note: Could possibly help balance the role in this way. If you visit a Sheriff's target, they will know you visited and that you are SK.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mass Murderer

Alignment: Killer (Killing)

Abilities:

-Choose up to 3 targets at night to kill. You have Basic Defense.

Attributes:

- If you choose only 1 target at night, you become an Unstoppable Force who will kill his target and anyone who stands in your way. (You can do this up to 3 times total.)
(Bodyguards, Crusaders, Doctors, and even Jailors will die if they protect your target.)

- Choosing only 1 target at night will boost your basic defense to Strong Defense.

Goals

- You are obsessed with killing, and will kill all who oppose you.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trophy Killer

Abilities:

- Choose a target to kill each night.

Attributes:

- Each time you kill, collect a trophy (The Will of your victim, leaving them with no will to be found.) from your victims.

- Collecting up to 3 trophies grants you Basic Defense.

Goals

Kill all who would oppose you.

Calculated Killer

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target to kill each night.

- Choose a 2nd target to frame for the killing of your 1st target. (Maximum 3 uses.)

Attributes:

- When you kill your 1st target, you leave behind a calling card.

-The calling card will appear to any Lookout watching over your target, that your 2nd target visited them instead of you.

-Trackers who visit you at night will see you visit your 2nd target. If you choose no 2nd target, Trackers will see you visit your 1st target.

Goals

Kill all those who would oppose you.

Psycho Killer

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target to restrain or kill at night.

Attributes:

- 1 visit to a target will restrain your target with a Straight Jacket. Their abilities will be unusable while restrained.

- Visiting a restrained target will allow you to kill that target.

Goals

Kill all those who oppose you.

Psych Warden

Alignment: Town (Support)

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target each night to evaluate their sanity.

Attributes:

- Your target will appear to you as Sane (Other) or Insane (Killing).

- If your target is restrained w/ Straight Jacket, your visit will result in removing the straight jacket. (This means the Psycho Killer will have to revisit to reapply the straight jacket.)

- If you visit the same target as any other killer, you will be killed by that killer.

Goal

Help town restore order and sanity to Salem.

Ventriloquist

Neutral (Chaos)

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target at night to speak through the next day.

Attributes:

- Your target will be unable to speak. Instead, you will speak for your target.

- When controlling a target, your character becomes mute.

Goal

Convince the Town to lynch your targets to win. (2 targets total)
Last edited by PaxArias on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.
PaxArias

Re: Mass Murderer Role Idea

Postby joefischerxxx » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:13 am

This is a OP sk.
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77379
Fortune Teller (formerly known as the Weather Man)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80478
Phantom
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=78593
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby itaicool » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:03 am

what is the point in sk then tbh
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PaxArias » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Could work as a rework for SK then, since it's so hard to win as Serial Killer.

If you rise to killing 2/2 targets in one night, you change roles to Mass Murderer, and gain both the ability to choose up to 3 targets in a single night, and strong defense. (Starting out with only basic defense as SK)
PaxArias

Postby PaxArias » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 am

I did a rework of the Mass Murderer character to work with the SK character and prevent the SK from becoming irrelevant. I also had a few other character ideas of the killer nature.
PaxArias

Postby PaxArias » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:58 am

The Calculated Killer was an interesting idea that came to me. You can fool the Lookout one of two ways. You can leave a calling card that makes them think someone else visited your target, OR you can choose to leave no calling card. This would mean they'd see that you visited your first target, and you can instead try to convince them that you are being framed by the Calculated Killer. This creates a really cool dynamic to the role. I thought about doing an edit so that leaving a calling card also fools a Tracker, appearing as you never left your home, but it would be too OP. The Tracker would be the key role in finding a Calculated Killer. Tracker could see you visit your second target, but if you have no second target, will see you visit your first target. So Tracker could find you out for framing your 2nd target or confuse you for your 2nd target altogether. This creates another interesting interaction between these roles.
PaxArias

Postby Cinba » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:34 am

Yeah, Cauculated Killer looks like a interesting role, but currently it is better than the SK, so you gotta put a negative effect on him, like, if he uses a calling card he won't be able to kill the next night, it is not a really good suggestion since it would be too obvious when he used it, but you got the point, i guess, maybe you should make a post for him.
But the mass murderer is not really good, if this role was added there would be no reason for the normal Sk to exist, so make him have no defense and a Invest result only with him, lowering how much he kills too, but it could still be bad
I believe many already suggested that the SK erases anything his target wrote on his last will that night.
Besides that, there doesn't exist Evil (killing) and Neutral (Evil) can't kill, your roles are all Neutral (Killing)
Hi there, wassup? My nickname on ToS is Cinba too
Usually i play as Majin Buu or Cinba
Favorite roles: Consig, Surv, Amne,Vampire,Veteran,Witch,Jester,Pirate
Spoiler: Meme Seu Madruga will go on
YEEEEEY i won a Role contest :D

Check out my roles:
The Mercenary
The Announcer
The Sociopath
Cinba

Postby Taxii » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:00 pm

All these are waaay too OP, leaving the town no chance to win at all
I'm going to marry the janitor and you can't stop me
Taxii
Jester
Jester

Postby PaxArias » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm

I like the feedback you guys are giving and will be modifying the Calculated Killer role idea. I'm going to limit his calling card ability to 3 uses. If that still seems like too much, maybe 2 uses, but I think 3 seems fair enough.

You have to remember one thing, the Mass Murderer role is a transformation of the SK role. SK has to work up to that and can very well be found out before ever reaching that transformation or fail to get enough kills to do so anyways. One visit to a Medusa or Vet or WW is going to stop SK in their tracks. They would still be vulnerable to douse and igniting. They would also still be vulnerable to a powered Jugg or Pesti as the Mass Murderer. I'll give it a reevaluation and see what I can tweak though.

Thanks again for suggestions and I do hope we see new roles similar or just like these in the near future. We had a huge Coven addition of content. Maybe these ideas could spark a Band of Killers content addition or something.
PaxArias

Re: Killers Role Ideas

Postby PaxArias » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm

So I've tweaked things a bit, and added two new role ideas. One of them being the Psycho Killer and the other being the Psych Warden.
PaxArias

Postby DragonClaw66 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:08 pm

PaxArias wrote: Spoiler: Serial Killer (Mass Murderer)

Abilities:

-Choose a target(s) to kill at night. You have basic defense.

Attributes

- If you manage to kill all of your targets at night, you will gain the ability to choose an extra target at night, up to 2 targets total.

(Ex: Kill 1/1 you can choose 2 targets. Kill 1/2, stay at 2. Kill 2/2, become the Mass Murderer.)

- If you manage to kill 2/2 targets, you will become the Mass Murderer, gaining the abilities to choose up to 3 targets at night and gaining strong defense.

Goals

- You're obsessed with killing, and each kill fuels your blood lust, eventually to become a Mass Murderer. Kill all who would oppose you.

Side Note: Could possibly help balance the role in this way. If you visit a Sheriff's target, they will know you visited and that you are SK.

Spoiler: Mass Murderer

Abilities:

-Choose up to 3 targets at night to kill. You have strong defense.

Attributes:

- You will go on a Murder Spree at the home of each target you choose, killing everyone and anyone who visits them. If you stay home, you will murder all who dare visit you.

Goals

- You are obsessed with killing, and will kill all who oppose you.

Spoiler: Trophy Killer

Abilities:

- Choose a target to kill each night.

Attributes:

- Each time you kill, collect a trophy (The Will of your victim, leaving them with no will to be found.) from your victims.

- Collecting up to 3 trophies grants you Basic Defense.

Goals

Kill all who would oppose you.

Spoiler: Calculated Killer

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target to kill each night.

- Choose a 2nd target to frame for the killing of your 1st target. (Maximum 3 uses.)

Attributes:

- When you kill your 1st target, you leave behind a calling card.

-The calling card will appear to any Lookout watching over your target, that your 2nd target visited them instead of you.

-Trackers who visit you at night will see you visit your 2nd target. If you choose no 2nd target, Trackers will see you visit your 1st target.

Goals

Kill all those who would oppose you.

Spoiler: Psycho Killer

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target to torment.

Attributes:

- 1 visit to a target will reveal their role to you.

- 2 visits to the same target (doesn't need to be in a row) will restrain your target with a straight jacket. This will cancel their abilities until it is removed or until they die.

- 3 visits to the same target will result in you killing your target.

Goals

Kill all those who oppose you.

Spoiler: Psych Warden

Alignment: Town (Support)

Abilities:

- Choose 1 target each night to evaluate their sanity.

Attributes:

- Your target will appear to you as Sane (Town/Other) or Insane (Neutral/Killing)

- If your target is restrained w/ Straight Jacket, your visit will result in removing the straight jacket. (This means the Psycho Killer will have to revisit to reapply the straight jacket.)

- If you visit the same target as any other killer, you will be killed by that killer.

Goal

Help town restore order and sanity to Salem.

Mass Murderer - A better Juggernaut.
Trophy Killer - A better Serial Killer (hides wills).
Calculated Killer - A better Serial Killer (frames players).
Psycho Killer - An extremely underpowered role. It has a KPN (kill(s) per night) of 0.33. The attributes of the role do not make up for this.
Psych Warden - A hardcounter to the Neutral Killings.
None of these roles have proper balance. Three are overpowered, one is underpowered, and one is a hardcounter. This doesn't mean that you should stop creating roles; you obviously enjoy doing it and that's where every role creator starts.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:57 pm

DragonClaw66 wrote:Psych Warden - A hardcounter to the Neutral Killings.

Maybe, but it's very weak. It's sort of a gimped Sheriff.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PaxArias » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:34 pm

In the middle of editing roles and rereading over them to find ways that I can balance them out more. So far, I've made edits to the Mass Murderer and Psych Warden.

Mass Murderer

You can choose up to 3 targets at night. He has Basic Defense. (Was Strong Defense)

If you choose only 1 target to attack at night, you go on a Murder Spree and become an unstoppable force. You will kill anyone and everyone who get between you and your target. This includes Jailors, Bodyguards, Crusaders, and Doctors. (Maximum 1 uses of Murder Spree)

Your Basic Defense will become Strong Defense while going on a Murder Spree. (So if a BG or Crus protects someone, they will all die but you will not. If a Vet alerts, they will die but you will not.)

Psych Warden

Psych Warden will determine whether or not a character is Sane or Insane. This means if you are deemed Sane, you are not a Killing role. If you are deemed Insane, you are a Killing role. This change takes him from being a hard counter to a balanced counter. The reason being is that there are various Killing roles. ex: Town (Killing) Vampire Hunter, Vigilante, Jailor | Mafia (Killing) Ambusher, Godfather, Mafioso | Neutral (Killing) Arsonist, Juggernaut, Serial Killer, Werewolf, and several role ideas listed above. If all of these roles were implemented, I would likely exclude other Neutral (Killing) roles. It would be just those roles listed in the OP.

Psycho Killer

I haven't made an adjustment quite yet, but I would consider shifting the alignment of this role to become Neutral (Evil) instead of Neutral (Killing) considering how the role functions. It is more of a evil supportive style role that occasionally can kill. I could tweak it, however, so that the 1st visit to your target, their role is revealed and they are bound in a Straight Jacket. 2nd night would result in killing your target. I'd like to hear some more feedback first. I'll continue revising these as I go and adding new ones along the way. I already have a new idea in my head, and will toss that in with the rest.
PaxArias

Postby PaxArias » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm

While I was doing a bit of revision with the characters, another idea came to me for a new character. The Ventriloquist, who is a Neutral (Chaos) role. Choose your target at night and during the day, become their voice. Anything you type to the town will show up under that person's name instead of yours. Your character will appear as though you are mute and you will be unable to speak through your own mouth so to speak, while controlling someone. Get the Town to lynch 2 people and you win.
PaxArias

Postby PaxArias » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm

I edited the Alignment of the Killer role ideas. I changed them from Neutral to Killer roles, since if they all were added, they'd likely only appear during a new game mode altogether. Similar to Coven.
PaxArias

Postby PaxArias » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:44 pm

The Psycho Killer role did seem a bit under powered and I wanted to really balance him out more. Visiting his target will restrain that target in a Straight Jacket, disabling their abilities. If he visits a restrained target, they will be killed.
PaxArias

Postby PaxArias » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 pm

I've added a few more role ideas and have more brewing in my head. I'll continue to revise and update roles as I go. I appreciate all views and feedback given.
PaxArias

Postby itaicool » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Ventriloquist seem pretty good, i wouldn't mind seeing them ingame.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PaxArias » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm

itaicool wrote:what is the point in sk then tbh

Would be no different than Coven Mode with the Witch Role not being important or existing to reign in new roles of the Coven.
PaxArias

Return to Role Ideas