Jester/Exe should be Neutral Chaos!

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Jester/Exe should be Neutral Chaos!

Postby GMallow » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:21 pm

It's goal is similar to the Pirates. You have to achieve a certain goal. Plus, I believe this role does cause chaos.

Jester= Get yourself lynched.
Pirate= Plunder 2 people.
Executioner= Get your target lynched.

I mean...?
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Jester/Exe should be Neutral Chaos!

Postby fwogcarf » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Just, no. They should stay where they are
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:02 pm

/support

This would help balance Ranked, as I often see Jest/Exe helping town after winning, increasing town’s win rate which seems to be a problem.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby EvilPudding » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:22 pm

fwogcarf wrote:Just, no. They should stay where they are

You are the worst adjudicator on this forum. From what I have seen from you, all your comments fail to explain very well and you are not very specific in your answer.

fwogcarf wrote:This doesn't make any sense
/nosupport

fwogcarf wrote:So basically a buffed Psychic - Faction chat
Yeah , no

fwogcarf wrote:When there's a goal like "Kill the Jailor", you know that role's going to be terrible

fwogcarf wrote:Oh good god we don't need any more roles like this. It literally creates a faction out of nothing (similar to Vampires)

Just leave this area. FFS.
Last edited by EvilPudding on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

That's how evil it is.
EvilPudding
Jester
Jester

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:23 pm

EvilPudding wrote:

You are the worst adjudicator on this forum. From what I have seen from you, all your comments fail to explain very well and you are not very specific in your answer.

Just leave this area. FFS.

Well, that's rude. Care to say something actually related to the topic?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:00 pm

GMallow wrote:It's goal is similar to the Pirates. You have to achieve a certain goal. Plus, I believe this role does cause chaos.

And most likely majority of the votes will be town and in return, jest kills town. Evils wouldnt vote guilty on a confirmed jester if they have majority since if Town wont lynch jester, they're technically (And if they know that that player is a jester) gamethrowing, kind-of since by not lynching jester, you're giving evils +1 vote power against town.
And again, this goes well in neut evil since it most likely would plunder town other than evil. And I honestly think this role should be reworked or removed since rng.
It's target is town. So obviously this has to stay as evil.

I mean...?

And also don't fuss over and actually explain a little bit or just support someone's opinions. Simple.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Postby DestructionII » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:51 am

oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:
GMallow wrote:It's goal is similar to the Pirates. You have to achieve a certain goal. Plus, I believe this role does cause chaos.

And most likely majority of the votes will be town and in return, jest kills town. Evils wouldnt vote guilty on a confirmed jester if they have majority since if Town wont lynch jester, they're technically (And if they know that that player is a jester) gamethrowing, kind-of since by not lynching jester, you're giving evils +1 vote power against town.
And again, this goes well in neut evil since it most likely would plunder town other than evil. And I honestly think this role should be reworked or removed since rng.

I mean...?

And also don't fuss over and actually explain a little bit or just support someone's opinions. Simple.

You are literally the dumbest person I've ever seen.

Just because someone's target is town does not mean its alignment is EVIL. Jester and Executioner have win conditions that make them WIN with town, just like a Pirate. ALL NEs have win conditions that make them LOSE with town.

Jester and Executioner do not really belong in any category actually but since NC is like a Neutral Miscellaneous, they should just be put there.

Also, it is HER opinion. She is not supporting anyone's. How the fuck is she "making a fuss"? I actually agree with her. No idea why you are talking to her like that..
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby EvilPudding » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 am

oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:

I mean...?

Lmao.... This kid probably doesn't know what fuss means. XD IM CRYINGGGGG

Why u talking to her like her muther

That's how evil it is.
EvilPudding
Jester
Jester

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 am

Jester needs to be made Neutral Benign, because it does not have a Neutral Evil win condition and acts as a Neutral Benign role which can win with everyone. Neutral Evil goal is "Survive to see the Town lose." It needs to be identical for all Neutral Evils for consistency reasons. That's why Executioner does not belong to Neutral Evil also, and needs an overhaul.
Last edited by BasicFourLife on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Seththeking » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:37 am

Then WTF is Coven going to have as the NE?

Might as well Change NE to NC for Coven Rank
And NE to Witch in Normal Ranked

Or you know, they could add some TG NE roles like Stalker and Gossiper.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DestroyerR225 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 am

DestructionII wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:

I mean...?

Just because someone's target is town does not mean its alignment is EVIL. Jester and Executioner have win conditions that make them WIN with town, just like a Pirate. ALL NEs have win conditions that make them LOSE with town.

Jester and Executioner do not really belong in any category actually but since NC is like a Neutral Miscellaneous, they should just be put there.

But how do you know that NE’s goal needs to be like Witch to be “true NE”? Maybe the correct definition of NE’s goal is that it usually hurts Town, but not necessarily? Seriously, 2/3 of the NE roles in the game are Jester and Exe, there is not nearly enough examples from the game to back the claim that NE’s only goal should be “survive to see the Town lose”
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor

Re:

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 am

DestroyerR225 wrote:
DestructionII wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:

I mean...?

But how do you know that NE’s goal needs to be like Witch to be “true NE”? Maybe the correct definition of NE’s goal is that it usually hurts Town, but not necessarily? Seriously, 2/3 of the NE roles in the game are Jester and Exe, there is not nearly enough examples from the game to back the claim that NE’s only goal should be “survive to see the Town lose”

It isn't written down on paper that it has to be that way, but if you want a good balanced Ranked environment it HAS to be that way.
Reminder on what Neutral Evil roles should be:
Neutral Evil: Any Neutral Evil role should be capable of winning with everybody except the Town, and their attributes and/or abilities should directly harm the Town. Any role that fits these criteria should go here. A Neutral Evil role shouldn't be able to kill anybody, as that brings it too close to a Mafia or Neutral Killing role in function. Also try to avoid making a Neutral Evil role that has a special goal aside from harming the Town, as the game's balance could suffer as a result.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DestructionII » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:24 am

DestroyerR225 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:But how do you know that NE’s goal needs to be like Witch to be “true NE”? Maybe the correct definition of NE’s goal is that it usually hurts Town, but not necessarily? Seriously, 2/3 of the NE roles in the game are Jester and Exe, there is not nearly enough examples from the game to back the claim that NE’s only goal should be “survive to see the Town lose”

It isn't written down on paper that it has to be that way, but if you want a good balanced Ranked environment it HAS to be that way.
Reminder on what Neutral Evil roles should be:
Neutral Evil: Any Neutral Evil role should be capable of winning with everybody except the Town, and their attributes and/or abilities should directly harm the Town. Any role that fits these criteria should go here. A Neutral Evil role shouldn't be able to kill anybody, as that brings it too close to a Mafia or Neutral Killing role in function. Also try to avoid making a Neutral Evil role that has a special goal aside from harming the Town, as the game's balance could suffer as a result.

So you are saying that because Exes and Jesters can be in ranked, ranked is unbalanced and unfun? I’m not in a good position to argue with you about that, since I don’t actually play the game, but from the ranked games I’ve watched (YouTube and such) Exes and Jesters are not exactly a major problem.

https://i.imgur.com/l1R7dWS.png

Jester and Executioner both win with town. NE's should not win with town. That is the problem. Therefore, it should be NC since it can go in either direction: harm or aid the town.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby DestroyerR225 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

I already stated that there is no backup for the claim that NEs should not be able to win with Town. See my previous comment:
DestroyerR225 wrote:But how do you know that NE’s goal needs to be like Witch to be “true NE”? Maybe the correct definition of NE’s goal is that it usually hurts Town, but not necessarily? Seriously, 2/3 of the NE roles in the game are Jester and Exe, there is not nearly enough examples from the game to back the claim that NE’s only goal should be “survive to see the Town lose”
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:17 am

Yes I hate the Neutral Benign reworks of them so this is a much better idea
I rather have Neutral Deception then chaos but it wouldn't ever be used in the first place, also roles like Framer would need to get some major buffs before they remove exe/jester
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas