Serial killer (buff)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Serial killer (buff)

Postby KingArmaan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Attributes:
- If you are role blocked you will attack the role blocker instead of your target.
- After killing five people you may kill two people every night.
- If you do not or cannot kill anyone for a night, you will appear as Not Suspicious to the Sheriff.

Explanation:
I feel like Serial Killer is right now just like Godfather, except with no faction to support him, plus can be detected anytime by the Sheriff and will get insta-lynched as framed people do not appear as Serial Killer, so a few buffs I have in mind. Also it isn't necessary for roleblockers to block Serial Killers, plus most will avoid suspected Serial Killers, also near endgame if TP is dead and Serial Killer is alone 4 to 1, its difficult to claim(Note that I usually claim what is in my investigative results if I am evil in Ranked, because there is a high chance of an Investigator lurking), also if another person claims Doctor when 1-2 TP are dead, and you too claim that, if he gets lynched and proves to be the real doc, and the next day you also get lynched. This works especially in ranked as you are an opponent to both Town and Mafia. While an Executioner or Witch may support you, but that would only help in a 2 v 2 situation and not in a 3 v 2 or 4 v 2.
KingArmaan
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Serial killer (buff)

Postby KarlBowers » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:56 am

- After killing five people you may kill
two people every night.

Serial Killer is well balanced. Your buff is kinda OP.
/nosupport
My IGN: An Innocent Guy
Online every friday on ToS

My Discord: KarlBowers#3526
Join the Trial System Discord!(Not Sponsored): https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS

The Introduction Game
KarlBowers
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:05 am

KingArmaan wrote:Attributes:
- If you are role blocked you will attack the role blocker instead of your target.
- If you do not or cannot kill anyone for a night, you will appear as Not Suspicious to the Sheriff.

Explanation:
I feel like Serial Killer is right now just like Godfather, except with no faction to support him, plus can be detected anytime by the Sheriff and will get insta-lynched as framed people do not appear as Serial Killer, so a few buffs I have in mind. Also it isn't necessary for roleblockers to block Serial Killers, plus most will avoid suspected Serial Killers, also near endgame if TP is dead and Serial Killer is alone 4 to 1, its difficult to claim(Note that I usually claim what is in my investigative results if I am evil in Ranked, because there is a high chance of an Investigator lurking), also if another person claims Doctor when 1-2 TP are dead, and you too claim that, if he gets lynched and proves to be the real doc, and the next day you also get lynched. This works especially in ranked as you are an opponent to both Town and Mafia. While an Executioner or Witch may support you, but that would only help in a 2 v 2 situation and not in a 3 v 2 or 4 v 2.

SK is already balanced as it is comparing it to the other nk roles such as Arso which is underpowered and boring and WW that is broken and should be replaced.
SK is fine.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Postby rdoukkali » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:41 am

KingArmaan wrote:Attributes:

Explanation:

It’s not that I think SK is strong, but NKs overall are quite weak. To be honest, SK is the strongest NK because it has consistent killing power,so we should probably focus on improving the weaker two first.

Also, NKs aren’t really meant to win games. Ignoring NEs they are only 1 player out of 14. They’re more meant to increase overall KPN and apply stress to the otherwise OP town.

So while I do think NKs need changes, I don’t think we should give them big buffs that make them win as often as the Mafia.

IMO SK is either fine as it is or need a small tweak (not a new mechanic).
On the other hand WW need a big overhaul (they can’t remove it because, like Vamps, it was pledged in the Kickstarter).
And Arso needs a buff or a small new mechanic to give him a bit of an edge.
rdoukkali
Executioner
Executioner

Postby KingArmaan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:57 am

NK do deserve wins like other factions, so their win rate or chances of winning should be equal to others, otherwise its no fun playing them. SK is literally a Godfather right now(except against rb), but unlike the Godfather they do not have a person who attacks instead of them and supports them during the discussion alongside 2 other people.
And compared to WW, a comparison of SK and WW(in Ranked situation) is given below(a) stands for advantage of one ability one of these possesses over another:
Serial Killer: Kills every night(a)
Werewolf: Kills every odd night
Serial Killer: Can kill one person or multiple roleblockers(the chances of them being rbed are usually 1/15, or at most 4/15)
Werewolf: Rampages at a house and can kill multiple people(most Werewolves maul at least 2-3 people)(a)
Serial Killer: Has a Basic attack
Werewolf: Has a Powerful attack(only on full moon nights; he can bypass all night immune roles' default protection, except Pestilence)(a)
Serial Killer: Can be detected by a Sheriff at any time and will instantly get lynched because frames/douses/hexes don't make a person look like Serial Killer.
Werewolf: Cannot be detected by a Sheriff on non-full moon nights, around half the game.(a)
Serial Killer: Kills roleblockers(can kill multiple of them) at any time if they roleblock them(a)
Werewolf: Kills roleblockers on full moon nights, plus rampages at home and kills any other visitors.
KingArmaan
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:42 am

KingArmaan wrote:NK do deserve wins like other factions, so their win rate or chances of winning should be equal to others, otherwise its no fun playing them. SK is literally a Godfather right now(except against rb), but unlike the Godfather they do not have a person who attacks instead of them and supports them during the discussion alongside 2 other people.
And compared to WW, a comparison of SK and WW(in Ranked situation) is given below(a) stands for advantage of one ability one of these possesses over another:
Serial Killer: Can kill one person or multiple roleblockers(the chances of them being rbed are usually 1/15, or at most 4/15)
Werewolf: Rampages at a house and can kill multiple people(most Werewolves maul at least 2-3 people)(a)
Werewolf: Has a Powerful attack(only on full moon nights; he can bypass all night immune roles' default protection, except Pestilence)(a)
Serial Killer: Can be detected by a Sheriff at any time and will instantly get lynched because frames/douses/hexes don't make a person look like Serial Killer.
Werewolf: Cannot be detected by a Sheriff on non-full moon nights, around half the game.(a)
Serial Killer: Kills roleblockers(can kill multiple of them) at any time if they roleblock them(a)
Werewolf: Kills roleblockers on full moon nights, plus rampages at home and kills any other visitors.

Please do not compare NK roles with the Werewolf. Werewolf is a broken NK role which needs removal from Ranked.

About your changes make Serial Killer extremely swingy in terms of KPN.. and that is not the way how to buff SK.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby KingArmaan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
KingArmaan wrote:NK do deserve wins like other factions, so their win rate or chances of winning should be equal to others, otherwise its no fun playing them. SK is literally a Godfather right now(except against rb), but unlike the Godfather they do not have a person who attacks instead of them and supports them during the discussion alongside 2 other people.

Please do not compare NK roles with the Werewolf. Werewolf is a broken NK role which needs removal from Ranked.

About your changes make Serial Killer extremely swingy in terms of KPN.. and that is not the way how to buff SK.

The other ways I can think of are, increase its attack/defense, but that won't really change things much for most town roles have a basic attack and no defense. I feel like Werewolf shouldn't be removed, but yeah a nerf would be good, but for SK, it does need a buff.
KingArmaan
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Role Ideas