Disguiser Role Buff

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Disguiser Role Buff

Postby Soccerstar0015 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 am

So we all know Disguiser is a bum role and is helpful 1 out of every 1645 games. So I say why not give it a little more power, and let it influence the game a little more. My idea would be to let the disguiser disguise the other Mafia members as well, or if you want to go really crazy let them do it to everyone. It would work no different than trans or witch, if you pick yourself you're disguised. If you pick your teammates they would get a snazzy new role. Just imagine a mafioso claiming doctor, and actually being able to be disguised as that role. In my opinion I think it would raise the level of thinking needed to decipher who's who, but what do you guys think?
Soccerstar0015
Jester
Jester

Re: Disguiser Role Buff

Postby DestroyerR225 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Coooooool
/support
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Catacalys » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 pm

That, uh, would be a good idea, I guess, but that would just be chaos for town.

Let's say that you just make some random town disguise as one of your maf.

It's basically a lynch making machine, and nobody can be trusted, this will put the win firmly into maf's hands 97% of the time (3% the disg dies the first 2 nights).

/nosupport
Hello, I'm me.

Catacalys
Executioner
Executioner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 am

I’d recommend you take a look at FM or TG Disguiser.
The TG Disguiser is basically the old ToS Disguiser, but its reworked entirely so its problems of not swapping wills, messing with the report system and else are fixed.
The FM Disguiser is an interesting one as it swaps all TIs except Sheriff results between two targets.

Those are much better alternatives than keeping the Disguiser which flips Mafia roles as Town upon death and soft counters Investigators.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Soccerstar0015 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Flake wrote:I don't really see why Disguiser shouldn't be able to disguise other Mafia, but I don't really see why being able to disguise ANYONE should be a thing; why would you want to disguise someone who isn't your ally (except maybe NE, who already has quite a lot of detection coverage)? I don't see being able to disguise anyone as bad necessarily, I just don't see why it's needed.

Catacalys wrote:That, uh, would be a good idea, I guess, but that would just be chaos for town.

Let's say that you just make some random town disguise as one of your maf.

It's basically a lynch making machine, and nobody can be trusted, this will put the win firmly into maf's hands 97% of the time (3% the disg dies the first 2 nights).

/nosupport

The whole disguising townies aspect was not something I was really taking seriously. The main idea is really just disguising your fellow mafia members.
Soccerstar0015
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas