Coroner (Town Investigative)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Do you like this role?

Yes
3
75%
No (please explain why)
1
25%
 
Total votes : 4

Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby DestroyerR225 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Spoiler: (first role lel)

Coroner (Town Investigative)

Attack: None
Defense: None

Role name: Coroner

Role alignment: Town Investigative

Abilities: Each night, choose a dead Town member that wasn’t lynched to analyze them.

Attributes:
•You will receive three names (similar to the Psychic’s vision), at least one of them is your target’s killer.
•The three names won’t change if you analyze the same target twice.

Special attributes: none

Investigative results:
Investigator - Your target could be a Medium, Janitor, Retributionist, or Coroner.
Sheriff - Your target is not suspicious.
Witch/Consig - Your target analyzes corpses to determine their killer, they must be a Coroner.

Goal: Normal Town goal

Wins with: Normal Town win con

Notifications:
Spoiler: For Coroner:
You have decided to analyze [name] tonight.
You have instead decided to analyze [name] tonight.
Your target’s killer could be [name], [name], or [name].


Achievements:
Spoiler: Examiner - Win 1 game as a Coroner
Surveyor - Win 5 games as a Coroner
Inspector - Win 10 games as a Coroner
Analyzer - Win 25 games as a Coroner
Autopsy - Successfully analyze a dead Town member.
Could it be? - Have one of your suspects be a revealed Mayor.
Impossible! - Analyze a Town member that is resurrected that night.
Hold on... - Analyze a Disguiser.


Lore:
Spoiler: The Coroner looked at the dead corpse with a scowl. Then, still absorbed in his thoughts, he turned to the Sheriff and Investigator. “Well?” the Sheriff asked, a little impatient, “What do you think?”. “The killer is obviously a strong fellow, left-handed and is not in need of money.” the Coroner said in a distracted voice, as if he was just throwing a casual remark. The Investigator and the Sheriff looked at each other, surprised and confused. The Coroner saw this and sighed internally; these two may be good at their line of work, but they were absolute imbeciles at analyzing simple clues. “Look here” the Coroner said rather roughly to the Sheriff, pointing at the victim’s occipital bone, which was shattered by several violent blows with a bloody pipe found nearby. “What do you make of it?”. “The head has been shattered by repeated-“ “Yeah, I gathered that much” the Coroner interrupted with a cynical voice, “What do you MAKE of it?”. “Well... uhh...” the Sheriff mumbled. This time, the Coroner’s sigh was audible. “These blows were struck rapidly, and yet every strike had a considerable amount of strength in it. Do you think someone with a weak stature, Dr. Hobbs for example, would be able to handle such a heavy pipe with such ease, let alone with such brute strength?” the Coroner inquired, mildly annoyed. Then, he turned to the Investigator. “And what do you think about the blow’s angle?” he asked. “The victim didn’t see the blow coming” the Investigator started. “The killer must’ve come-“ “From behind, yes” the Coroner interrupted again, “a child could deduce that. But look at the pipe’s head marked on the left side, with the body following after it” the Coroner ran his finger along the injury, “and since the blow came from behind, we can safely assume that the killer held the pipe with his left hand, therefore he is left-handed.” “And that he didn’t need money...” the Investigator started. “You can see that the killer left the victim’s wallet behind. He didn’t even get the watch, which could’ve gotten him good money if sold. The killer must be pretty wealthy, if he passes on such an easy opportunity for some cash.” “There are only three people in this town with the characteristics you described” the Investigator said readily. “Giles Corey, the businessman, Samuel Sewall, the farmer...” “...and Thomas Danforth, the landlord” the Coroner completed, with an inner smile. “Gentlemen, we have work to do”.

Pretty straightforward. Thoughts?
Last edited by DestroyerR225 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 am, edited 15 times in total.
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby TheBrighterSkies » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:12 am

Wouldn't this mean, that there's a 2/3 chance that you'll mislynch someone? I'm not much of a reviewer, but it seems like that would put voting less in favor of the town than it should be.
Is it just me, or does restaurant Pepsi taste better than regular Pepsi?
User avatar
TheBrighterSkies
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:39 pm
Location: A trash can somewhere

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:47 am

- RNG.
- Gose' version is much better where you can check each dead body and 2 people and find out if one / both them visited the dead body on the night of their death.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off mate.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby DestroyerR225 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:15 am

TheBrighterSkies wrote:Wouldn't this mean, that there's a 2/3 chance that you'll mislynch someone? I'm not much of a reviewer, but it seems like that would put voting less in favor of the town than it should be.


The idea isn’t to take a chance and immediately push for someone, but rather to investigate those three and try to determine which one is more suspect.

BasicFourLife wrote:- RNG.
- Gose' version is much better where you can check each dead body and 2 people and find out if one / both them visited the dead body on the night of their death.


- You say it like it’s automatically a deadly flaw. I am aware of the post made by Goose26 saying that RNG should be avoided during the making of a role, but I don’t think RNG ruins roles 100% of the cases. In fact, this role has a good deal of strategy in it, despite its RNG aspect.
- I hope you’re not saying that my role is bad because someone else made a role you thought was better. Two different roles. Also, as a side note, I viewed the role you’re talking about and found it to be a little complicated. I always liked the policy that simpler=better (generally)
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:29 am

DestroyerR225 wrote:
TheBrighterSkies wrote:Wouldn't this mean, that there's a 2/3 chance that you'll mislynch someone? I'm not much of a reviewer, but it seems like that would put voting less in favor of the town than it should be.


The idea isn’t to take a chance and immediately push for someone, but rather to investigate those three and try to determine which one is more suspect.

BasicFourLife wrote:- RNG.
- Gose' version is much better where you can check each dead body and 2 people and find out if one / both them visited the dead body on the night of their death.


- You say it like it’s automatically a deadly flaw. I am aware of the post made by Goose26 saying that RNG should be avoided during the making of a role, but I don’t think RNG ruins roles 100% of the cases. In fact, this role has a good deal of strategy in it, despite its RNG aspect.
- I hope you’re not saying that my role is bad because someone else made a role you thought was better. Two different roles. Also, as a side note, I viewed the role you’re talking about and found it to be a little complicated. I always liked the policy that simpler=better (generally)

This is literally a reverse Psychic. And Psychic (among Spy) is the worst TI role in the game.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off mate.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby DestroyerR225 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:58 am

BasicFourLife wrote:This is literally a reverse Psychic. And Psychic (among Spy) is the worst TI role in the game.

This has literally nothing to do with Psychic except that it receives 3 random names (actually, 2 names. One of them is always the killer). This can be roleblocked (unlike Psychic). The names don’t change, so you can’t just cross-examine results to confirm an evil (also unlike Psychic), AND EVEN IF YOU CONFIRMED THE KILLER, you don’t know if they’re necessarily evil because of TK (ALSO unlike Psychic). I don’t think you fully understood this role...
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:10 am

DestroyerR225 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:This is literally a reverse Psychic. And Psychic (among Spy) is the worst TI role in the game.

This has literally nothing to do with Psychic except that it receives 3 random names (actually, 2 names. One of them is always the killer). This can be roleblocked (unlike Psychic). The names don’t change, so you can’t just cross-examine results to confirm an evil (also unlike Psychic), AND EVEN IF YOU CONFIRMED THE KILLER, you don’t know if they’re necessarily evil because of TK (ALSO unlike Psychic). I don’t think you fully understood this role...

Psychic does not have role block immunity. Also I prefer Gose' Coroner version much more, because you have to scum read and find the killer yourself not rely on RNG doing all the work for you. Also this role gives the vision of 1 confirmed killer + 2 others while his just says that your target visited the dead body.. having a small chance on actually being an unlucky Townie or some other role which is good.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off mate.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby DestroyerR225 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Psychic does not have role block immunity.(1) Also I prefer Gose' Coroner version much more, because you have to scum read and find the killer yourself not rely on RNG doing all the work for you.(2) Also this role gives the vision of 1 confirmed killer + 2 others while his just says that your target visited the dead body.. having a small chance on actually being an unlucky Townie or some other role which is good.(3)


1. Oops, didn’t know that. Never actually played the game, so I just assumed Psychic was RB immune. My bad!
2. Again, I don’t think you understood the role. The RNG doesn’t do the work for you, it’s there to DISTURB the role, so it doesn’t become an OP postmortem lookout that only shows you the killer.
3. The killer could be a townie, you know. TK, and all that. Also, Crusader. The chance is just smaller.
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:17 am

DestroyerR225 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Psychic does not have role block immunity.(1) Also I prefer Gose' Coroner version much more, because you have to scum read and find the killer yourself not rely on RNG doing all the work for you.(2) Also this role gives the vision of 1 confirmed killer + 2 others while his just says that your target visited the dead body.. having a small chance on actually being an unlucky Townie or some other role which is good.(3)


1. Oops, didn’t know that. Never actually played the game, so I just assumed Psychic was RB immune. My bad!
2. Again, I don’t think you understood the role. The RNG doesn’t do the work for you, it’s there to DISTURB the role, so it doesn’t become an OP postmortem lookout that only shows you the killer.
3. The killer could be a townie, you know. TK, and all that. Also, Crusader. The chance is just smaller.

Wait... why would you have a forum account if you've never played Town of Salem. Also Town knows by what attack someone is killed by...
I am kindly telling you to fuck off mate.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby DestroyerR225 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:40 am

I dunno, I guess I just like making roles... I do know how the game works, if that’s what you’re wondering. And think about when two people (mafia and crusader) kill the same person - you wouldn’t be sure if the killer is good or bad. Unlikely, yes, and I know it, but it’s definitely possible
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Coroner (Town Investigative)

Postby DestroyerR225 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 am

Bump
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests