Supervisor

Old Role Ideas

Supervisor

Postby ParaYumi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Role Name: Supervisor

"Night was setting over the Town of Salem. A man carrying buckets and stacks of materials was walking through the streets. He stopped by a particular house, knowing that it belonged to the man that has been quite open in expressing his suspicions of another town member that very day. Knowing life, the Mafia would try to shut him up today. The Supervisor would not allow it. His mind wandered back to when his best friend was blackmailed into silence, threatened to have his secret dealings with the Mafia exposed. He was a good man that made some stupid mistakes, and he paid the price for it. Whilst he laid down the foundations for his new structure, the Supervisor reinforced his resolve. This was his task. To make sure that no other people were hurt in the same way that his closest were. Finishing the barrier, he looked at it and nodded. He knew that it wouldn't last longer than this night, but it didn't matter. For this night, the man was safe. Adding the last touches to his structure, the Supervisor packed up and went back home. Later that day, a Blackmailer indeed tried to plant a package containing incriminating information inside that same man's house, hoping to silence him and stop the suspicions that targeted his fellow Mafioso. However, he encountered a barrier, quite literally. Growling, the Blackmailer tried everything, from climbing over, to trying to force it down. He did succeed in the latter eventually, but by that time it was already too late. The sun was rising over Salem, and the Blackmailer knew that for now he had to retreat."

Role Alignment: Town support

Attributes: Can visit a person at night to protect them from being affected by mafia's actions at night. Won't stop mafia from killing the person they visit though.

Wins with: Town

Special Attributes: Roleblock immune, unique.

Additional Information (comments): This role will prevent mafia from roleblocking, blackmailing, disguising as, investigating, framing, and/or cleaning the person the Supervisor visits each night. They can only target themselves up to three times.

Investigator result: Your target is a protector. They must be a Bodyguard, Jailor, Lookout, or Supervisor.
Sheriff: Your target is ns.
Consigliere: Your target likes to mess the mafia up. They must be a Supervisor.
Message received if mafia support or deception role visits Supervisor's target: Someone blocked your way and you couldn't reach your target.
Message received if Supervisor stops mafia support or deception role from getting to you: Mafia tried reaching you, but someone blocked them.

Thanks go to Rossendale for writing the backstory for this for me.
Last edited by ParaYumi on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Waller

Postby Nellyfox » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Whoa, this is really interesting.
What will its investigation results be ? Would message would the mafia supports and deceptions receive if they visit the person the Waller visits ?
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 9507
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Waller

Postby ParaYumi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:02 pm

nellyfox wrote:Whoa, this is really interesting.
What will its investigation results be ? Would message would the mafia supports and deceptions receive if they visit the person the Waller visits ?


Thanks. I'll edit that in.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Waller

Postby Doobledore » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Could use a better name, I think. I actually like the idea.
User avatar
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 am
Location: Anaheim, California

Re: Waller

Postby ParaYumi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Doobledore wrote:Could use a better name, I think. I actually like the idea.


I'm glad you do and I'm open to suggestions for a better name.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Waller

Postby Nellyfox » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Ahh yess
A different name probably and I'd love to see this added in-game.
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 9507
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Waller

Postby ParaYumi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:19 pm

nellyfox wrote:Ahh yess
A different name probably and I'd love to see this added in-game.


Me too and I agree. It does need a better name.

Any suggestions?
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Waller

Postby Advantage » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:43 am

The patroller (not a word)?
The supervisor?
The locksmith?
The sentinel?
The sentry?
The surveillor (not even a word >_>)?
I dunno...
Also, sounds a bit like a town protective... although they can't prevent from death... hmmm...
My cr** role ideas
~Ordinary people are the best, that is why there are so many of them~
Advantage
Any of you "Valkyria 2" peeps wanna play a co-op Valk 2 game >_>
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:06 am
Location: <insert cheesy joke about location> (GMT +10)

Re: Waller

Postby ParaYumi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:44 am

Advantage wrote:The patroller (not a word)?
The supervisor?
The locksmith?
The sentinel?
The sentry?
The surveillor (not even a word >_>)?
I dunno...
Also, sounds a bit like a town protective... although they can't prevent from death... hmmm...


Hmmm, those are all better name ideas than waller. Well, except for Locksmith.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby MiniatureCowgirl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:16 am

I like it, but it would kind of be useless once the mafia is dead/only a killing role is left. Still, sounds cool
Larxene. Every game. Period. Spoiler:
[spoiler]

Image

Image
User avatar
MiniatureCowgirl
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:24 pm
Location: Avoiding Chance time like the plague. THE PLAGUE I TELLS YA

Re: Supervisor

Postby Nellyfox » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:49 am

MiniatureCowgirl wrote:I like it, but it would kind of be useless once the mafia is dead/only a killing role is left. Still, sounds cool

Retributionist effect. Bullet-less vigilante effect. Late game Sheriff effect.
Yeah. Roles become useless overtime. Sadly there isn't a lot that can be done about it.
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 9507
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Supervisor

Postby ParaYumi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:01 pm

nellyfox wrote:
MiniatureCowgirl wrote:I like it, but it would kind of be useless once the mafia is dead/only a killing role is left. Still, sounds cool

Retributionist effect. Bullet-less vigilante effect. Late game Sheriff effect.
Yeah. Roles become useless overtime. Sadly there isn't a lot that can be done about it.


That's certainly true.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby Kurorisu » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:02 pm

nellyfox wrote:
MiniatureCowgirl wrote:I like it, but it would kind of be useless once the mafia is dead/only a killing role is left. Still, sounds cool

Retributionist effect. Bullet-less vigilante effect. Late game Sheriff effect.
Yeah. Roles become useless overtime. Sadly there isn't a lot that can be done about it.


I can add to that Alertless Veteran
Kurorisu
Donor
Donor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Waller

Postby Advantage » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 am

ParaYumi wrote:
Advantage wrote:The patroller (not a word)?
The supervisor?
The locksmith?
The sentinel?
The sentry?
The surveillor (not even a word >_>)?
I dunno...
Also, sounds a bit like a town protective... although they can't prevent from death... hmmm...


Hmmm, those are all better name ideas than waller. Well, except for Locksmith.


Was considering he locks the door so the mafia cant get in but kk kk
My cr** role ideas
~Ordinary people are the best, that is why there are so many of them~
Advantage
Any of you "Valkyria 2" peeps wanna play a co-op Valk 2 game >_>
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:06 am
Location: <insert cheesy joke about location> (GMT +10)

Re: Waller

Postby ParaYumi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:43 am

Advantage wrote:
ParaYumi wrote:
Advantage wrote:The patroller (not a word)?
The supervisor?
The locksmith?
The sentinel?
The sentry?
The surveillor (not even a word >_>)?
I dunno...
Also, sounds a bit like a town protective... although they can't prevent from death... hmmm...


Hmmm, those are all better name ideas than waller. Well, except for Locksmith.


Was considering he locks the door so the mafia cant get in but kk kk


Ah. He doesn't.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby Invenio » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:15 pm

This actually sounds a lot like the lawyer role I made (link in signature). Except mine doesn't involve blocking investigations or disguising.

I really do like the concept though, especially with the supervisor being roleblock immune. It's not underpowered and its certainly not overpowered. It feels like it belongs in the game.
Image
FM Wins:
5F Werewolf, Vengeance Mafioso, CFM4 Begrudged,
7C Consort, 7E Retributionist, SFM10 Platinum the Trinity,
TFM14 Serialstalkerarsofathervigimayor, 8A Escort
SFM14 Myrmidon
User avatar
Invenio
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Supervisor

Postby ParaYumi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 am

Invenio wrote:This actually sounds a lot like the lawyer role I made (link in signature). Except mine doesn't involve blocking investigations or disguising.

I really do like the concept though, especially with the supervisor being roleblock immune. It's not underpowered and its certainly not overpowered. It feels like it belongs in the game.


I agree. It does.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby Isaaciscoo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:47 pm

I think this is like a different doctor but this role is too centered toward one target. Assuming we have more than 1 mafia using weak abilities on your target but you cant protect against attack or any other role abilities such as douse or any other attribute attacks. Is like a framer with no invest. Framer needs buff btw.
Isaaciscoo
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:21 pm

This is a lot like my Cleric idea, only it seems to only affect Mafia and not Town or Neutrals (Let me know if this is an incorrect assumption and I will certainly retract it.), but that's why we make roles like these, right? Because we believe we need another way to prevent the evil helpers from helping in a way that isn't roleblocking.
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Supervisor

Postby Mystoc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:26 pm

this is a very weak for a town support, it sounds more like TP role but then it's even weaker

this role is generally to weak for my tastes and i feel it should be TP
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby otgrancor » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Sounds like cleric sorta
otgrancor
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: Supervisor

Postby Shilster » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:14 pm

"Mon Oct 06, 2014"
-




It matters not who you are, Death awaits you.

-
User avatar
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Location: (GMT+7)

Re: Supervisor

Postby Veeena » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:47 pm

3 year necro is a bit much.
OSRS Account: Veeena
Lewd Queen (HCIM)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa



Spoiler: Image

Some fucking trans meme scrub.

Image
Image
User avatar
Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4108
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:03 am
Location: University. (UTC-5:00)


Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests