Paradoxist Mafia Support // Parallax brings Paradoxist back

Old Role Ideas

Paradoxist Mafia Support // Parallax brings Paradoxist back

Postby Parallax7 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am

All these roles and edits might not be added to the Testing Grounds immediately since we are currently oversaturated with roles for the time being. That being said, from the recent departure of the Paradoxist, we may have an opening for one of the roles in this list, until then they are in the queue for being added into TG. News concerning their introduction to TG will be announced here when decided upon.


Role Name:
Paradoxist

Role Alignment:
Mafia Support

Summary:
You are a former member of the townsfolk, banished for their future technology.

Abilities:
-During the night choose to activate a time paradox.
-Day paradoxes cause the vote majority to exhibit the previous day’s vote majority, this will be announced.
-Night paradoxes cause all players, Mafia, and those who’s previous targets are in the graveyard excluded, to repeat their previous night action identically.

Attributes:
-You have one paradox - it can be used for the day or night.
-You cannot use the same paradox on consecutive nights.
-You cannot be controlled or role blocked.
-You can talk with the other Mafia at night.
-You may instead perform the factional Mafia kill.

Stats:
Attack: None
Defense: None
Priority: 1st

Goal:
Kill anyone that will not submit to the Mafia.

Win Condition
You must kill the Town
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You win with the Mafia
You win with Witches
You win with Survivors

Investigative Results: Spoiler: Investigator: TBD
Consigliere: “You stumbled over you fellow mafiosi’s time machine. They must be a Paradoxist.
Witch: “Your target owns a time machine. They must be a Paradoxist.


Flavor Texts: Spoiler: “You have decided to preform a time paradox tonight.” (Night Time Paradox)
“You have decided to preform a time paradox tomorrow.” (Day Time Paradox)
“It would seem there was a paradox. Majority is now [insert number]!”
“There was no way to cause a paradox!” (Using your ability night one.)


Lore: Spoiler: TBA

Avatar: Spoiler: TBA

Achievements: Spoiler: TBA

ECO - FAQ - Additional Information: Spoiler:
Is Paradoxist unique?

Yes.

What happens if the Paradoxist uses their ability night one?

It’d be informed to eat a tide pod because it’s a moron there wasn’t any previous data to manipulate.

Would it lose a charge?

No.

Is Paradoxist role block immune/control immune when performing the factional kill?

No - it forfeits both immunities when it does the factional kill. The immunities are only in place to avoid the game crashing lol.

Can you provide an example of how this would work?

Night:
Night Two
Sheriff targeted player A.
Doctor targeted player B.
Serial Killer targeted player C.
Survivor chooses not to use a vest.
Night Three
You decide to activate a night paradox.
Sheriff targeted player B, but will now instead target player A.
Doctor targeted player A, but will now instead target player B.
Serial Killer will be unaffected as their previous target is now in the graveyard.
Survivor decides to wear a vest, they will instead not wear one.

Day
Day Two
7 Town vs 5 Scum.
8 votes will be required to lynch a player in lieu of 7, since on Day One, Majority was 8.

How long do day/night paradoxes last?

Day paradoxes only last one day, and that day is the day sequence following the night sequence in which the ability was used. Night paradoxes only affect the night the Paradoxist used its ability.


FM ROLE CARD Spoiler:
Paradoxist

Your role is Paradoxist.

Your alignment is Mafia Support.

You are intelligent - really, intelligent, so intelligent you made a working time warping machine! Blasphemy... Witchcraft... Evil... The town cried upon you revealing your invention. The townsfolk proceeded to exile you and destroy your precious craft, leaving you with nothing but hate for the town. That’s when the Godfather approached you with remains.

During the night choose to activate a time paradox, this can be done once, so use it wisely.
Day paradoxes cause the vote majority to exhibit the previous day’s vote majority.
Night paradoxes cause all players, Mafia, and those who’s previous targets are in the graveyard excluded, to repeat their previous night action identically.
You cannot use the same paradox on consecutive nights.
You are immune to being role blocked and controlled.
You can communicate with your allies each night, for as long as they are alive.

Your allies are [x] the [role], [x] the [role], and [x] the [role].

You win with the Mafia
You win with Survivors
You win with Witches
You must kill the Town
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Stalkers
You must kill Bombers
You may spare anyone else
Last edited by Parallax7 on Thu May 31, 2018 6:49 am, edited 13 times in total.
FM Record

3-0-5-2


Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
User avatar
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby timurtheking » Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 am

wait so it can give town a secret day chat? Wouldnt that insta confirm all townies?

Maybe i read it wrong.
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, Veteran, Serial Killer, Consigliere, Mayor, Godfather and Witch
Disliked Roles: Framer, Arsonist, Medium and Retributionist
I prefer editing and balancing roles more than creating roles.
My Ranked Name is usually Monarchy with the demon skin who has a ghost pet.
User avatar
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:34 am
Location: My Castle, which is on the planet Earth of course.

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Parallax7 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 am

timurtheking wrote:wait so it can give town a secret day chat? Wouldnt that insta confirm all townies?

Maybe i read it wrong.


No it’s not supposed to be able to interact with vig
FM Record

3-0-5-2


Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
User avatar
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby timurtheking » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Parallax7 wrote:
timurtheking wrote:wait so it can give town a secret day chat? Wouldnt that insta confirm all townies?

Maybe i read it wrong.


No it’s not supposed to be able to interact with vig

Ok so vet jailor and vig dont affect it but town can kill absorbed players to reduce vote count to normal.

Ok this is decent then as it means town could have multiple absorbed people meaning that evils have a voting advantage if the absorbed survive late game
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, Veteran, Serial Killer, Consigliere, Mayor, Godfather and Witch
Disliked Roles: Framer, Arsonist, Medium and Retributionist
I prefer editing and balancing roles more than creating roles.
My Ranked Name is usually Monarchy with the demon skin who has a ghost pet.
User avatar
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:34 am
Location: My Castle, which is on the planet Earth of course.

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Parallax7 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 pm

timurtheking wrote:
Parallax7 wrote:
timurtheking wrote:wait so it can give town a secret day chat? Wouldnt that insta confirm all townies?

Maybe i read it wrong.


No it’s not supposed to be able to interact with vig

Ok so vet jailor and vig dont affect it but town can kill absorbed players to reduce vote count to normal.

Ok this is decent then as it means town could have multiple absorbed people meaning that evils have a voting advantage if the absorbed survive late game


It can only absorb one player’s soul, but you’re right.
FM Record

3-0-5-2


Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
User avatar
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby timurtheking » Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Parallax7 wrote:
timurtheking wrote:
Parallax7 wrote:
timurtheking wrote:wait so it can give town a secret day chat? Wouldnt that insta confirm all townies?

Maybe i read it wrong.


No it’s not supposed to be able to interact with vig

Ok so vet jailor and vig dont affect it but town can kill absorbed players to reduce vote count to normal.

Ok this is decent then as it means town could have multiple absorbed people meaning that evils have a voting advantage if the absorbed survive late game


It can only absorb one player’s soul, but you’re right.

Oh ok so it isnt tok bad
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff
Favourite Roles: Jailor, Transporter, Veteran, Serial Killer, Consigliere, Mayor, Godfather and Witch
Disliked Roles: Framer, Arsonist, Medium and Retributionist
I prefer editing and balancing roles more than creating roles.
My Ranked Name is usually Monarchy with the demon skin who has a ghost pet.
User avatar
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:34 am
Location: My Castle, which is on the planet Earth of course.

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Jackparrot » Wed May 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Great role, was thinking of something like this, however, im not sure it should be allowed to speak in dead chat. Also, you should re-texure it to reaper.

/support

EDIT:
I need invest results, and i think that the reaper Incubus`s ability should changed to only having a soul of one player AT ANY ONE TIME, so that this role can preform its ability multiple times, additionally, make it so that the reaper Incubus can force-destory the player. however, this will not grant an additional kill as the player is dead.

/support after the changes
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby SkyW » Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Jackparrot wrote:Great role, was thinking of something like this, however, im not sure it should be allowed to speak in dead chat. Also, you should re-texure it to reaper.

/support

EDIT:
I need invest results, and i think that the reaper Incubus`s ability should changed to only having a soul of one player AT ANY ONE TIME, so that this role can preform its ability multiple times, additionally, make it so that the reaper Incubus can force-destory the player. however, this will not grant an additional kill as the player is dead.

/support after the changes


Even if doubt you can double predict death in the first place, the one soul limit is there so that they don't just go for some cheap nobody, but for someone who will actually be good for them to take the soul of. Plus it would become a lot more powerful if it could change/ditch/gain different soul'd players.
Read the whole topic before posting, Fine Black Gentleman
User avatar
SkyW
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:43 am
Location: West Philadelphia, shooting some b-ball outside of my school while maxing relaxing all cool.

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Jackparrot » Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm

SkyW wrote:
Jackparrot wrote:Great role, was thinking of something like this, however, im not sure it should be allowed to speak in dead chat. Also, you should re-texure it to reaper.

/support

EDIT:
I need invest results, and i think that the reaper Incubus`s ability should changed to only having a soul of one player AT ANY ONE TIME, so that this role can preform its ability multiple times, additionally, make it so that the reaper Incubus can force-destory the player. however, this will not grant an additional kill as the player is dead.

/support after the changes


Even if doubt you can double predict death in the first place, the one soul limit is there so that they don't just go for some cheap nobody, but for someone who will actually be good for them to take the soul of. Plus it would become a lot more powerful if it could change/ditch/gain different soul'd players.


i dont agree, if they take the soul of say, an Escort, town might myslynch an already dead player, still tho, no one is cheap, as for what i said. where as if they only have one use, it makes it a one use role, which is really un fun.
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby DragonClaw66 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Parallax7 wrote:Role Name:
Incubus A male demon that has intercourse with sleeping women. It takes their life force afterwards. I mean... the name could work, but it seems a little strange seeing as the target isn't roleblocked or anything (the TOS equivalent of intercourse).

Role Alignment:
Neutral Evil

Summary:
You are a malevolent demon feasting on innocent souls. Kinda sounds like the Grim Reaper.

Abilities:
-Attempt to absorb a player’s soul each night, you may only absorb one, they must be attacked for you to succeed.
-Absorbing a player’s soul causes a the victim to continue to appear alive and affect the vote count as if they were. They will however for all other purposes be dead. That sounds extremely powerful, but it's balanced out because you can only absorb one. This also gives a lot more use to the Medium.
-Upon successfully absorbing a soul, use that energy to form a bond with the party responsible for your success.
-Absorbed players will require one less vote to lynch. Balanced.

Attributes:
-Your presence prevents your target from having their death prevented by any means. (Bodyguard, Doctor, etc… Cannot save player, Escort cannot role block killer assuming you’re targeting who they are attacking, etc..) I agree with half of this. I believe Town Protectives should fail but not the Escort (or roles similar to it). I think that the Incubus should make all evil roles that attack the target deal an unstoppable attack instead of what they would normally do.
-Your ally’s party will be given access to a day chat, that you will also have access to - you may speak privately.
-You will be informed the role, and given access to the absorbed player’s will - said player will be cleaned upon being attacked again, or lynched.
-Your allies may not attack the absorbed player again.

UI *Excuse my poor photoshop skills
Spoiler: Image
Image


Additional Information
Spoiler: -All mafia will have access to the Incubus chat. Sure.
-No, Vigilante will not suffer consequence if it shoots an absorbed soul player. Fair.
-Yes, absorbed soul players still have access to dead chat, they’re dead for all extents and purposes, with the exception the voting system continues on as if they’re alive, until they’re lynched or attacked again. Good for Medium.
-Yes if there are multiple of the same NK, all will have access to the chat. Spicy.
-No it cannot interact with town killing roles, or town protective.


Win Conditions
Live to see all town die. This is what the goal of all Neutral Evils should be.

Thoughts?

I can create achievements if you'd like.
User avatar
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby fwogcarf » Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Uh oh, look who just wandered into the Role Idea forums. It's Parallax! And he made a role! Woah!!

Anyway let me give you some critique on this apparently OP role.

Why I think it's OP? I'll explain.

1. A role having access to dead chat other than Medium. Meds will now have an even harder time successfully claiming (they already had a hard time in the first place tbh) and could possibly throw town in favor of evils
2. Mafia can see Incubus chat? This basically means that Incubus will be able to help out mafia in any way possible, it's like an extra mafia member in the game (and I can't stand that)
3. "Your allies may not attack the absorbed target". What, are we now in an all evil faction with the sole purpose of killing town? No way!

In summary, this role is too OP for a Neutral Evil alignment to have

/nosupport
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future


We are supporters of forces against despair


We defend against the evils of the world


We are guardians, we are strong
User avatar
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby DragonClaw66 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:19 pm

fwogcarf wrote:A role having access to dead chat other than Medium. Meds will now have an even harder time successfully claiming (they already had a hard time in the first place tbh) and could possibly throw town in favor of evils

Where does it say this?
User avatar
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby fwogcarf » Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm

DragonClaw66 wrote:
fwogcarf wrote:A role having access to dead chat other than Medium. Meds will now have an even harder time successfully claiming (they already had a hard time in the first place tbh) and could possibly throw town in favor of evils

Where does it say this?


Parallax7 wrote:-Yes, absorbed soul players still have access to dead chat, they’re dead for all extents and purposes, with the exception the voting system continues on as if they’re alive, until they’re lynched or attacked again.
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future


We are supporters of forces against despair


We defend against the evils of the world


We are guardians, we are strong
User avatar
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby SkyW » Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 pm

fwogcarf wrote:
DragonClaw66 wrote:
fwogcarf wrote:A role having access to dead chat other than Medium. Meds will now have an even harder time successfully claiming (they already had a hard time in the first place tbh) and could possibly throw town in favor of evils

Where does it say this?


Parallax7 wrote:-Yes, absorbed soul players still have access to dead chat, they’re dead for all extents and purposes, with the exception the voting system continues on as if they’re alive, until they’re lynched or attacked again.



ABSORBED PLAYER.

MY BOY JOHN. RETHINK YOUR LITERACY SKILLS.
Read the whole topic before posting, Fine Black Gentleman
User avatar
SkyW
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:43 am
Location: West Philadelphia, shooting some b-ball outside of my school while maxing relaxing all cool.

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 pm

I like this role.
Think it might be a bit OP with the daychat connecting all shared NKs, but until testing is done I can't say for certain.
However,
/support
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby MCGamerXVI » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm

How about give the Incubus the ability to listen to the dead chat, but not talk.
If that happens also give him the med/jani/retri investigator results?
MCGamerXVI
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby lemonader666 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 am

It's an ok role, but I don't like how
Parallax7 wrote:-Upon successfully absorbing a soul, use that energy to form a bond with the party responsible for your success.

works and isn't this just a better version of Stalker?
Hosted:
VFM42 - Mafia Win
VFM67 - Mafia Win
SFM72 - Mafia Win
Spoiler:
[spoiler][spoiler][center][spoiler]
[spoiler][right]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[center] Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[spoiler][right]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[/spoiler][/right] Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: yes[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler][right]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[center] Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[spoiler][right]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[/spoiler][/right] Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: yes [/right][/spoiler][/right][right]
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Parallax7 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:48 pm

MCGamerXVI wrote:How about give the Incubus the ability to listen to the dead chat, but not talk.
If that happens also give him the med/jani/retri investigator results?



Medium would be unnecessarily nerf, A.
This role would become literal god tier, B.

So, I won’t, but thanks for the suggestion.
FM Record

3-0-5-2


Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
User avatar
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Parallax7 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 pm

lemonader666 wrote:It's an ok role, but I don't like how
Parallax7 wrote:-Upon successfully absorbing a soul, use that energy to form a bond with the party responsible for your success.

works and isn't this just a better version of Stalker?


Not really. Similar, but they don’t serve the same purpose. This is a day manipulator, as Witch is a night manipulator, ditto Stalker. Stalker is a inferior Witch, objective wise, but I digress.
FM Record

3-0-5-2


Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
User avatar
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Jackparrot » Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 am

Jackparrot wrote:
SkyW wrote:
Jackparrot wrote:Great role, was thinking of something like this, however, im not sure it should be allowed to speak in dead chat. Also, you should re-texure it to reaper.

/support

EDIT:
I need invest results, and i think that the reaper Incubus`s ability should changed to only having a soul of one player AT ANY ONE TIME, so that this role can preform its ability multiple times, additionally, make it so that the reaper Incubus can force-destory the player. however, this will not grant an additional kill as the player is dead.

/support after the changes


Even if doubt you can double predict death in the first place, the one soul limit is there so that they don't just go for some cheap nobody, but for someone who will actually be good for them to take the soul of. Plus it would become a lot more powerful if it could change/ditch/gain different soul'd players.


i dont agree, if they take the soul of say, an Escort, town might myslynch an already dead player, still tho, no one is cheap, as for what i said. where as if they only have one use, it makes it a one use role, which is really un fun.


Any thoughts?
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Achievements:
Evil Spirit - Win 1 game as an Incubus.
Fiend - Win 5 games as an Incubus.
Demon - Win 10 games as an Incubus.
Reaper - Win 25 games as an Incubus.
Absent Leader - Consume the soul of a Mayor.
Deplete - Consume the soul of a player who was visited by a Town Protective.
New Recruit - Consume the soul of a player who was attacked by the Mafia.
User avatar
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby MCGamerXVI » Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Responses in Bold
Parallax7 wrote:Role Name:
Incubus

Role Alignment:
Neutral Evil

Summary:
You are a malevolent demon feasting on innocent souls.

Abilities:
-Attempt to absorb a player’s soul each night, you may only absorb one, they must be attacked for you to succeed.
-Absorbing a player’s soul causes a the victim to continue to appear alive and affect the vote count as if they were. They will however for all other purposes be dead. So they will appear to be alive forever? No. Make it last for a short time period. (Like 3 days/nights?)
-Upon successfully absorbing a soul, use that energy to form a bond with the party responsible for your success.
-Absorbed players will require one less vote to lynch. Why? They already dead and if town is smart enough they can just see that this role had 1 less vote to put him up, so he is dead.

Attributes:
-Your presence prevents your target from having their death prevented by any means. (Bodyguard, Doctor, etc… Cannot save player, Escort cannot role block killer assuming you’re targeting who they are attacking, etc..)
-Your ally’s party will be given access to a day chat, that you will also have access to - you may speak privately. Horrible Idea. Just allow them to talk with each other during the night period.
-You will be informed the role, and given access to the absorbed player’s will - said player will be cleaned upon being attacked again, or lynched. Lynching the dead player and seeing he was cleaned will prove their is an Incubus. No. Just remove the cleaning if they are lynched. Just make it so that they don't have a will (So it looks like they are disguiser with no will...)
-Your allies may not attack the absorbed player again. Okay if the game tells them that the target is technically dead or can't target them again.

Additional Information
Spoiler: -All mafia will have access to the Incubus chat. Just make Incubus has access to mafia chat.
-No, Vigilante will not suffer consequence if it shoots an absorbed soul player. How about make the absorbed player have basic defense or something to make it look like they are evil if a vigilante shoots them, then they are not evil and the vigilante gets lynched.
-Yes, absorbed soul players still have access to dead chat, they’re dead for all extents and purposes, with the exception the voting system continues on as if they’re alive, until they’re lynched or attacked again.
-Yes if there are multiple of the same NK, all will have access to the chat.
-No it cannot interact with town killing roles, or town protective.What?


Win Conditions
Live to see all town die.

Thoughts?
MCGamerXVI
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Mystoc » Sun May 20, 2018 7:42 pm

goal is bad its just live to see town loose, this role has unlimited uses of ability which is very very strong

-Upon successfully absorbing a soul, use that energy to form a bond with the party responsible for your success.


couldn't town just kill someone though and it witness the death then form an bond with townie who killed the person

this cant be NE and be able to side with town

==============================================================

overall this role is just too strong

it has vote manulption and the ability to clean and the ability to block TP

its has 3 very strong abilities a goal that doesn't match the abilities at all and it has day chat

did i miss anything?


how many uses of the ability does this role have its only one then it may be ok, if it can still use its ability after a bond is formed then no way. too strong
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Parallax7 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:51 pm

It hasn’t one usage, I guess that wasn’t specified.

Edit: I also stated it cannot interact with Town.
FM Record

3-0-5-2


Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
User avatar
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby dyaomaster » Sun May 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Medium kills this role to the ground. All a medium has to do is point out "Hey, X says their soul was absorbed, X can you talk to disprove this", then once X fails to talk then X is confirmed to be dead. And if Invest results for Incubus isn't in med/jan/ret, then med is confirmed to be med (as long as there's an invest).
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
User avatar
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 am
Location: 2nd pixel from the top. 500 to the right.

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest