Corruption & Crimson Faction

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Corruption & Crimson Faction

Postby GMallow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:12 pm

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these factions are never going to be put in a game where there is the Coven faction. Also, these factions are a reference of the game Terraria, lol.

Corruption Faction in General

The Corruption Faction's Goal: Turn the town into a world of Corruption and defeat the Crimson.
Wins With: Any faction except the Crimson.

Alignments: Corruption (Global), Corruption (Support), Corruption (Fatal)

Crimson Faction in General

The Crimson Faction's Goal: Turn the town into a world of Crimson and defeat the Corruption.
Wins With: Any faction except the Corruption.

Alignments: Crimson (Global), Crimson (Support), Crimson (Fatal)

Pictures
:
Corruption World: http://hal0004.global2.vic.edu.au/files ... om30eo.png
Crimson World: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ter ... 1008223851
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Roles (ALL ROLES ARE UNIQUE):

Corruption Leader:
Spoiler: Alignment: Corruption (Global)

Attack: Basic
Defense: Basic

Abilities: Choose two people on non full moons to infect two areas of the town into a world of Corruption.

Attributes:
-If a Crimson Leader chooses any target you have infected, the target dies.
-If you infect a Crimson member, they will be dealt a Basic attack.
-If you successfully change the entire town into a world of Corruption, you win. However, if you do so and a Pixie removes some of your infected areas, you still have to endeavor your goal.
-If the person you infect survives WITH you and Crimson is defeated, they win WITH the winner and your faction. (For example, Mafia wins, Corruption wins with the Mafia, and a town member infected by Corruption who has SURVIVED at the end of the game wins as well.)
-You only gain Basic Defense on non full moons.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Lookout, Forger, Witch, Corruption Leader, or Crimson Leader.
Consigliere Results: Your target is trying to morph the town into a world of Corruption. They must be a Corruption Leader!
Sheriff Results: Your target is a member of the Corruption!

Corruptive Pixie:
Spoiler: Alignment: Corruption (Global)

Attack: None
Defense: None

Abilities: Choose one person each night to spread pixie dust all over their home.

Attributes:
-Pixie dust removes the area infected by a Crimson Leader.
-If your target's area is NOT infected by the Crimson Leader, you will heal the target instead.
-If you spread pixie dust over a member of Crimson, you will be notified.
-If there is no Corruption Leader available, you will automatically be promoted into one.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Doctor, Serial Killer, Disguiser, Corruptive Pixie, or Crimsive Pixie!
Consigliere Results: Your target is a pixie attempting to get rid of the Crimson world. They must be a Corruptive Pixie!

Orb Master:
Spoiler: Alignment: Corruption (Support)

Defense: Powerful

Abilities: Activate your orb's power to protect all members of Corruption, including yourself.

Attributes:
-The Orb Master's orb gives all members of Corruption a Powerful defense.
-The Orb Master's orb hides infected areas from the Crimsive Shadow that night.
-The Orb Master also prevents the Crimson Leader from infecting areas. If this ability is used on a Non full moon, the Crimson Leader can not use their ability the next night.
-You can only activate your orb once.
-Your orb's power does not work if a Gem Master uses their gem the same night.
-If there is no Corruption Leader available, you will automatically be promoted into one.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Tracker, Plaguebearer, Orb Master, or Gem Master!
Consigliere Results: Your target owns a mysterious orb to protect the world of Corruption. They must be an Orb Master!

Sniper:

Abilities: Shoot someone with a dart.

Attributes (this role is kinda like PM):
-You are able to add a special powder at the end of your dart: Green, Red, or Purple powder.
-Green powder heals, red powder kills, and purple powder reveals.
-Each powder has a three day cooldown.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf, Sniper, or Enchantress.
Consigliere Results: Your target is a skilled archerist. They must be a Sniper.

Corruptive Shadow

Abilities: Place a shadow around the entire town.

Attributes:
-You can only shadow 3 times.
-Shadows can find ALL infected areas of Crimson.
-You also find out who Crimson visits that night.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, Corruptive Shadow, or Crimsive Shadow!
Consigliere Results: Your target is a shadow working with Corruption. They must be a Corruptive Shadow!

Soul Keeper:
Spoiler: Alignment: Corruption (Fatal)

Abilities: Add a soul to an area infected by the Corruption Leader.

Attributes:
-Souls last for two nights and prevent Crimson members from entering that area.
-Souls vanish when a Crimson member enters the area or when the second night is up.
-Souls kill one Crimson member who visits that area except the Karma Master.
-Souls still last even when you are dead.
-You can not add souls to uninfected areas of Corruption.
-You can only have one soul out at a time/souls can not be added while you have a soul, and you only have 3 souls to use.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Pirate, Ambusher, Soul Keeper, or Karma Master!
Consigliere Results: Your target uses souls to kill the Crimson. They must be a Soul Keeper!

Demon
Spoiler: Alignment: Corruption (Fatal)

Abilities: Kill one person from any alignment except Crimson and possess them for the rest of the game.

Attributes:
-You can ONLY possess the person you killed.
-You can only possess three times, and you can not possess twice in a row. So technically, you kill one person and use them for the rest of the game.
-The person you possess can be given any Corruption ability to use on another target (i.e. the Demon can make the possessed player spread Pixie dust, snipe someone, activate orb, etc).
-The abilities you give MUST link to an alive and existing target AND they can not be used the same night the member is using their ability. (For instance, you can not make your possessed target spread Pixie dust if a Pixie does not exist or is dead. If the Pixie were to spread Pixie dust, the possessed person can't because the Pixie is using their ability.)

Investigator Results: Your target is a Medium, Janitor, Demon, Dragon, or Trapper!
Consigliere Results: Your target is a possessor working for the Corruption. They must be a Demon!

Crimson Leader:
Spoiler: Alignment: Crimson (Global)

Defense: Basic

Abilities: Choose two people on full moons to infect two areas of the town into a world of Crimson.

Attributes:
-If a Corruption Leader chooses any target you have infected, the target dies.
-If you infect a Corruption member, they will be dealt a Basic attack.
-If you successfully change the entire town into a world of Crimson, you win. However, if you do so and a Pixie removes some of your infected areas, you still have to endeavor your goal.
-If the person you infect survives WITH you and Corruption is defeated, they win WITH the winner and your faction. (For example, Mafia wins, Corruption wins with the Mafia, and a town member infected by Crimson who has SURVIVED at the end of the game wins as well.)
-You only gain Basic Defense on full moons.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Lookout, Forger, Witch, Corruption Leader, or Crimson Leader.
Consigliere Results: Your target is trying to morph the town into a world of Crimson. They must be a Crimson Leader!
Sheriff Results: Your target is a member of the Crimson!

Crimsive Pixie:
Spoiler: Alignment: Crimson (Global)

Abilities: Choose one person each night to spread pixie dust all over their home.

Attributes:
-Pixie dust removes the area infected by a Corruption Leader.
-If your target's area is NOT infected by the Corruption Leader, you will heal the target instead.
-If you spread pixie dust over a member of Corruption, you will be notified.
-If there is no Crimson Leader available, you will automatically be promoted into one.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Doctor, Serial Killer, Disguiser, Corruptive Pixie, or Crimsive Pixie!
Consigliere Results: Your target is a pixie attempting to get rid of the Corruption world. They must be a Crimsive Pixie!

Gem Master:
Spoiler: Alignment: Crimson (Support)

Defense: Powerful

Abilities
: Activate your gem's power to protect all members of Crimson, including yourself.

Attributes:
-The Gem Master's gem gives all members of Crimson a Powerful defense.
-The Gem Master's gem hides infected areas from the Corruptive Shadow that night.
-The Gem Master also prevents the Corruption Leader from infecting areas. If this ability is used on a full moon, the Crimson Leader can not use their ability the next night.
-You can only activate your gem once.
-Your gem's power does not work if an Orb Master uses their orb the same night.
-If there is no Crimson Leader available, you will automatically be promoted into one.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Tracker, Plaguebearer, Orb Master, or Gem Master!
Consigliere Results: Your target owns a mysterious gem to protect the world of Crimson. They must be a Gem Master!

Crimsive Shadow:
Spoiler: Alignment: Crimson (Support)

Abilities: Place a shadow around the entire town.

Attributes:
-You can only shadow 3 times.
-Shadows can find ALL areas infected by the Corruption Leader.
-You also find out who Corruption visits that night.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, Corruptive Shadow, or Crimsive Shadow!
Consigliere Results: Your target is a shadow working with Crimson. They must be a Crimsive Shadow!

Enchantress:
Spoiler: Alignment: Crimson (Fatal)

Abilities: Curse someone each night.

Attributes:
-Cursed targets die at the end of the next night.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf, Sniper, or Enchantress
Consigliere Results: Your target works with curses. They must be an Enchantress!

Karma Master:

Abilities: Add a hex to an area infected by the Crimson Leader.

Attributes:
-Hexes last for two nights and prevent Corruption members from entering that area.
-Hexes vanish when a Corruption member enters the area or when the second night is up.
-Hexes kill one Corruption member who visits that area except the Soul Keeper.
-Hexes still last even when you are dead.
-You can not add hexes to uninfected areas of Crimson.
-You can only have one hex out at a time/souls can not be added while you have a hex, and you only have 3 hexes to use.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Pirate, Ambusher, Soul Keeper, or Karma Master.
Consigliere Results: Your target uses hexes to kill the Corruption. They must be a Karma Master!

Dragon:

Abilities: Eat one person and use their ability the next night.

Attributes:
-You can not eat a Corruption member. You can only kill them if you eat a Vig, Maf, etc and use the ability on the Corruption member. However, if you do try eating a Corruption member, you will be notified that they are Corruption.
-You can only eat up to 3 times.
-If you eat a person and they have no valid ability to use, you will be given a Basic defense instead.

Investigator Results: Your target is a Medium, Janitor, Demon, Dragon, or Trapper!
Consigliere Results: Your target is a hungry eater working for the Crimson. They must be a Dragon!
Last edited by GMallow on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Corruption & Crimson Faction

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Two factions who act as hardcounters as each other with additional lover-like mechanics?
Too complicated, plus from what I see the factions are clones of each other.
It might be workable as a concept?
I'm not sure.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby EvilPudding » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:09 pm

I actually am a FAN of this role. It's so unique and can be used to make a new game mode.

The best thing I love about these factions are their goals. They survive with anyone, BUT with a certain faction. That could cause a hindrance or an advantage in some cases.

I also love how it connects with Terraria cuz I play Terraria as well and this just made my day.

Anyways,
/supportall

That's how evil it is.
EvilPudding
Jester
Jester

Postby DestructionII » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:13 pm

EvilPudding wrote:I actually am a FAN of this role. It's so unique and can be used to make a new game mode.

The best thing I love about these factions are their goals. They survive with anyone, BUT with a certain faction. That could cause a hindrance or an advantage in some cases.

I also love how it connects with Terraria cuz I play Terraria as well and this just made my day.

Anyways,
/supportall

Agreed. I see potential in these new factions.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GMallow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Blackwolfe99 wrote:Two factions who act as hardcounters as each other with additional lover-like mechanics?
I'm not sure.

Eh... It can work in some way. I think having it as clones of each other will make it seem more of a rivalry.

Anyways, you can comment back if this convinced you in any way.

EvilPudding wrote:I actually am a FAN of this role. It's so unique and can be used to make a new game mode.

Anyways,
/supportall

DestructionII wrote:

Anyways,
/supportall

Agreed. I see potential in these new factions.

Glad to hear it :)
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm

GMallow wrote:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:Two factions who act as hardcounters as each other with additional lover-like mechanics?
I'm not sure.

Eh... It can work in some way. I think having it as clones of each other will make it seem more of a rivalry.

Anyways, you can comment back if this convinced you in any way.

I say this while I play lots of these games that have double mafias, granted those are generally kinda meant for much larger playerbases

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby GMallow » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:36 pm

bump
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GMallow » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:01 am

bump
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby rdoukkali » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 am

I quite like this concept.
I can imagine this would need a special mode with a rolelists something like.

TI
TI
TP
TS
RT
RT
RT
Crim Global
Random Crim
Random Crim
Random Crim
Corr Global
Random Corr
Random Corr
Random Corr

The town will be caught in the middle and have to survive the fight, maybe choosing one team to side with.

/support
rdoukkali
Executioner
Executioner

Postby fwogcarf » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 am

rdoukkali wrote:I quite like this concept.
I can imagine this would need a special mode with a rolelists something like.

TI
TI
TP
TS
RT
RT
RT
Crim Global
Random Crim
Random Crim
Random Crim
Corr Global
Random Corr
Random Corr
Random Corr

The town will be caught in the middle and have to survive the fight, maybe choosing one team to side with.

/support

Isn't swing bad though
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DestructionII » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 am

I am still dumbfounded by the amount of time and thought she put into this faction.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:19 pm

DestructionII wrote:I am still dumbfounded by the amount of time and thought she put into this faction.

A lot of us faction creators do. It's important to do so.

]My Role Ideas[/url]

Currently Working On:

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby GMallow » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:02 pm

bump
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac