Demon

Old Role Ideas

Demon

Postby Seththeking » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Demon - Neutral Evil
(Unique)
ATK: None DEF: None

Spoiler: During Odd nights you can choose to send someone down under (Lasts 1 Night)
During the next day the town will be aware that a player was sent down under (While a player is sent down under they are not dead however they cannot vote or be voted upon until the next day.)
(They will be absent during the day)
During Even nights:

During Even nights you can make a demonic option

If Choose Self: Make it so voting becomes anonymous during the next day. (1 Use Only)
If Choose Person Sent Down Under: will be sent demonic protection for tonight.
(Anyone targeting that person misses)
If Choose Someone else: The person sent down under must vote for that person today,
And cannot vote anyone else.


Attributes:
You cannot choose yourself to be sent down under
You cannot send the same person down under twice in a row


Additional Information:
A person who is sent down under will come back during the even night
When your send a person down under, during the day you will receive a message telling you their role.
Day Messages:
We found (Player) Missing in his house last night, He was sent down under
A Demonic trap was activated, there is no voting today!
Goal: Make sure the town Suffers!

Wins With: Anyone but Town
Last edited by Seththeking on Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby TheGator » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:40 am

Seththeking wrote:Dam Seth this role is way to good I don't even know what to comment, Good Work Seth!


Please don't comment to your own work

And wait so doesn't this take away a potential voting power for town?
this role is interesting but needs improvement.
Also that 3 KPN seems pretty OP considering its odd night ability
I understand that their is potential that they may be Roleblocked or don't activate their ability
But chances are their going to do so anyway.
I see where your going with this, maybe find a way to Nerf this.
As it stands RN /Nosupport
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:06 am

TheGator wrote:
Seththeking wrote:Dam Seth this role is way to good I don't even know what to comment, Good Work Seth!


Please don't comment to your own work

And wait so doesn't this take away a potential voting power for town?
this role is interesting but needs improvement.
Also that 3 KPN seems pretty OP considering its odd night ability
I understand that their is potential that they may be Roleblocked or don't activate their ability
But chances are their going to do so anyway.
I see where your going with this, maybe find a way to Nerf this.
As it stands RN /Nosupport


Alright so how should I nerf it?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby FreezingFire127 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am

Seththeking wrote:
TheGator wrote:
Seththeking wrote:Dam Seth this role is way to good I don't even know what to comment, Good Work Seth!


Please don't comment to your own work

And wait so doesn't this take away a potential voting power for town?
this role is interesting but needs improvement.
Also that 3 KPN seems pretty OP considering its odd night ability
I understand that their is potential that they may be Roleblocked or don't activate their ability
But chances are their going to do so anyway.
I see where your going with this, maybe find a way to Nerf this.
As it stands RN /Nosupport


Alright so how should I nerf it?


You don't, you just scrap it
Discord: FreezingFire#8719


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am

FreezingFire127 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
TheGator wrote:
Seththeking wrote:Dam Seth this role is way to good I don't even know what to comment, Good Work Seth!


Please don't comment to your own work

And wait so doesn't this take away a potential voting power for town?
this role is interesting but needs improvement.
Also that 3 KPN seems pretty OP considering its odd night ability
I understand that their is potential that they may be Roleblocked or don't activate their ability
But chances are their going to do so anyway.
I see where your going with this, maybe find a way to Nerf this.
As it stands RN /Nosupport


Alright so how should I nerf it?


You don't, you just scrap it


Why this role hasn't been done before. It's a Good Idea
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby TheGator » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Seththeking wrote:
FreezingFire127 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
TheGator wrote:
Seththeking wrote:Dam Seth this role is way to good I don't even know what to comment, Good Work Seth!


Please don't comment to your own work

And wait so doesn't this take away a potential voting power for town?
this role is interesting but needs improvement.
Also that 3 KPN seems pretty OP considering its odd night ability
I understand that their is potential that they may be Roleblocked or don't activate their ability
But chances are their going to do so anyway.
I see where your going with this, maybe find a way to Nerf this.
As it stands RN /Nosupport


Alright so how should I nerf it?


You don't, you just scrap it


Why this role hasn't been done before. It's a Good Idea


If it's such a good idea maybe you should explain why :/
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Demon

Postby Mathelete » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Wait, so how exactly does this kill? Cause if a role decides not to use their night abilities, they are immune to being concealed. It will come to a point where all roles with night abilities will not use them on even nights, thus making the demon useless.
User avatar
Mathelete
Janitor
Janitor
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Mathelete wrote:Wait, so how exactly does this kill? Cause if a role decides not to use their night abilities, they are immune to being concealed. It will come to a point where all roles with night abilities will not use them on even nights, thus making the demon useless.


But how can you confirm that?
A scums gonna wanna kill.
If its only town, do you think they really don't want to find leads as TI
Or Transport People as Transporter.

Chances are their going to activate their ability.
And if a Forger/Janitor is out of Cleans/Forges their insto dead

Update:
So yeah I might need to Buff him during Even Nights a bit (Or not, still waiting for more comments)
The demon is very powerful on Odd Nights because they can
Conceal a Confirmed evil making town having to wait a day
Before lynching them.
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby Mathelete » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Seththeking wrote:
Mathelete wrote:Wait, so how exactly does this kill? Cause if a role decides not to use their night abilities, they are immune to being concealed. It will come to a point where all roles with night abilities will not use them on even nights, thus making the demon useless.


But how can you confirm that?
A scums gonna wanna kill.
If its only town, do you think they really don't want to find leads as TI
Or Transport People as Transporter.

Chances are their going to activate their ability.
And if a Forger/Janitor is out of Cleans/Forges their insto dead

Update:
So yeah I might need to Buff him during Even Nights a bit (Or not, still waiting for more comments)
The demon is very powerful on Odd Nights because they can
Conceal a Confirmed evil making town having to wait a day
Before lynching them.


If the demon is the only evil role left, the visiting roles have no reason to visit on even nights, if they want to gather any information, they'll do it on odd nights.
User avatar
Mathelete
Janitor
Janitor
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:51 pm

I Edited the attacking ability and changed it
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby ManateeDude » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Could u explain this role in a day by day scenario? It'seems not making seneed to me :?:
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:46 am

ManateeDude wrote:Could u explain this role in a day by day scenario? It'seems not making seneed to me :?:


Day 2:

Bob was Missing, he was sent down under (Inactive for the Day)

Night 2:

You choose Candy, Larry and George

If No one visits them

All 3 of them will die unless someone was Roleblocked
In which case the Roleblocked person will live.
If someone visited them you will kill all their visitors

(This is sorta like my Ninja role but has a difference)
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby ManateeDude » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:14 am

This seems a little OP but ehh /kindasupport
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 am

Do you think I should just have the first part and make it a NE? Or is it fine the way it is?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:11 am

*Bumpy*
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby FreezingFire127 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 am

Stop reviving dead threads. They’re dead for a reason
Discord: FreezingFire#8719


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am

FreezingFire127 wrote:Stop reviving dead threads. They’re dead for a reason


I would like some feedback...
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby FreezingFire127 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:34 am

Seththeking wrote:
FreezingFire127 wrote:Stop reviving dead threads. They’re dead for a reason


I would like some feedback...


Maybe its so bad that people don't want to give feedback, or because you make too many roles & people don't want to read them.
Discord: FreezingFire#8719


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:35 am

FreezingFire127 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
FreezingFire127 wrote:Stop reviving dead threads. They’re dead for a reason


I would like some feedback...


Maybe its so bad that people don't want to give feedback, or because you make too many roles & people don't want to read them.


i'm pretty sure this role is good, what do you think about it?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon

Postby FreezingFire127 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

Seththeking wrote:
FreezingFire127 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
FreezingFire127 wrote:Stop reviving dead threads. They’re dead for a reason


I would like some feedback...


Maybe its so bad that people don't want to give feedback, or because you make too many roles & people don't want to read them.


i'm pretty sure this role is good, what do you think about it?


6.2/10
Discord: FreezingFire#8719


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Demon

Postby fwogcarf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:10 pm

fuck this
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future


We are supporters of forces against despair


We defend against the evils of the world


We are guardians, we are strong
User avatar
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:11 pm

fwogcarf wrote:fuck this


Excuse me?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Demon: A possible alternative!

Postby BrendonJunior » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am

Actually I have been working on a Demon idea for awhile now, so might I propose the following as an alternative:

Demon: Neutral Evil: There are three versions of the demon (pre-possess, posession, post posession)
Stats (at first)
Attack: (basic)
Defense:(none)

Ability: Kill own person within the first three night.
Attributes: When you kill someone, that person will die, will NOT be able to speak in the deadchat, and you will begin to feel your body transform.


Stats: (Second Version)
Attack: (None)
Defense:(Invincible)

Ability: You may control your corpse and talk in their place

Attributes: To change between the perspective of you and your corpse, use the the red-sun (seen on a screen above)
While you have your corpse, you cannot be killed at night nor hanged during the day.

Your corpse does not count towards anyone's victory condition (like a surv).

If your target dies, you will be vulnerable again

Stats: (If corpse dies)
attack: (none)
defense: (none)
Ability: none
Attributes: none

Goal: Survive to see town lose!

FaQ:

-It will appear like nothing has happened to your target when you kill them.

-You 100% can use the corpse's ability as if they were alive (you also get to know what role they were). If you are lucky enough to capture the jailor/mayor/pirate, you CAN use their sun abilities to your advantage (but YOU only care about the demon's goal).

-If your corpse dies, they die as the name "corpse". IF TK kills the corpse, even if the corpse was originally town, there is no penalty to the vig/jailor.

-If you try to lynch the demon (though it will pretty much reveal who the main demon is) while he has a corpse, it will just say the town has decided to pardon x. If there were enough votes to where the demon would have been lynched, the day ends.

-I am not sure what to do about mafia/coven/vamps. I had four thoughts.
1. Nothing happens.

2. the killing works, but the bad guy isnt possessed. It is just a normal death.

3. You take over the body and can work with the group (since you CAN win with them), but names are anonymous. Attempts to click a fellow maf/coven/vamp where it applies here wont work, but will appear to work for you!

4.You get to know the identities of all your new friends, but you can not win with any other non-town main factions.

-If you take a jester/amne, you are OoL. Sorry about that. However, if the corpse jester is hanged, while the demon gets nothing, the jester does get a free win (though dosen't haunt).

-When your corpse dies, the original owner can talk through it again (presuming they are still there) and can win with their ORIGINAL faction.
-(though this shouldn't come as a surprise), any role that has, can give itself defense or is given defensive power can survive the demon!

-If you fail to take a corpse in 3 nights, you just play without one. Also the night you take a corpse, you have invincible defense for that same night (including vampire protection).

-If your corpse is bitten by a vampire, refer to above. If we go with option 1 or 2 (or the corpse was mafia/coven), then the corpse just dies.

I know this sounds like alot of info, but most will play out automatically (so you don't have to think of 90% of this stuff, this is just technicalities). Again, this is JUST another path the demon role could take!

Cheers!
BrendonJunior
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Demon

Postby Seththeking » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:24 am

Well I like my "Missing" Ability
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm


Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests