Farmer

Old Role Ideas

Do you like this role

Yes
0
No votes
Yes with improvement
1
50%
Sorta
0
No votes
Not so sure it looks sketchy
0
No votes
No
1
50%
 
Total votes : 2

Farmer

Postby TheGator » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 am

Farmer
Neutral Evil
*Unqiue*
Abilities Spoiler: day ability: (Sun icon) Pick someone to go to the shed during the night. (this ability only works once)
While a player is in the shed they cannot be healed, protected, guarded, trapped or anything of that sort.
A player in the shed may not perform their normal night ability and instead they will pick a player to go
to the shed during the next night.
night ability: choose a player. if that player visits the current player in the shed they will become a scarecrow
While a scarecrow they can perform their night ability as usual until the farmer is attacked.
If the farmer is attacked they will not perform their usual ability and instead block the attack
and attack the attacker. after the scarecrow attacks they will fade away, if the player dies the scarecrow
will still be their until it fades away.

Scarecrow
ATK: Basic DEF: Invincible


Attributes Spoiler: Being jailed does not prevent someone from going in the shed
if someone in the shed is roleblocked they will remain in the shed the next night
when the jailor is in the shed they will be unable to execute their jailed target
you will know what player is currently in the shed
If the player in the shed picks the Farmer to go to the shed they will be RBed instead


Goal Spoiler: It’s Either:
Have the scarecrow protect you from death
Or
Have the person in your shed attacked


Wins With Spoiler: Everyone but unique Town roles.
Last edited by TheGator on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Farmer

Postby fwogcarf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:04 pm

This is a decent counterpart to Jailor, although I don't get the wincon.
It splits town in half

/halfsupport
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future


We are supporters of forces against despair


We defend against the evils of the world


We are guardians, we are strong
User avatar
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Farmer

Postby TheGator » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:44 pm

fwogcarf wrote:This is a decent counterpart to Jailor, although I don't get the wincon.
It splits town in half

/halfsupport


added the goal
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Farmer

Postby fwogcarf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:50 pm

TheGator wrote:
fwogcarf wrote:This is a decent counterpart to Jailor, although I don't get the wincon.
It splits town in half

/halfsupport


added the goal


Ok, this still doesn't really make any sense because
1. You have to get lucky to win the game, which apparently RNG doesn't count as being balanced
2. WHY EVERYONE BUT TOWN UNIQUE??
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future


We are supporters of forces against despair


We defend against the evils of the world


We are guardians, we are strong
User avatar
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Farmer

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 pm

1. Goal is way too easy.
2. Conversion roles are ew, vampire proved why.
3. Interesting jailor counter.

I think the goal should be centred around the scarecrow bit, if you can rework the conversion process.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Farmer

Postby TheGator » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:28 pm

MafiaMenace wrote:1. Goal is way too easy.
2. Conversion roles are ew, vampire proved why.
3. Interesting jailor counter.

I think the goal should be centred around the scarecrow bit, if you can rework the conversion process.


what conversion? they are still themselves it’s just if your attacked they act like a Crusader
do you have any ideas for the goal?
Farmer can win with town as long as town no longer have their power houses
power houses: Jailor, Veteran, Mayor and retributionist
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Farmer

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:32 pm

TheGator wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:1. Goal is way too easy.
2. Conversion roles are ew, vampire proved why.
3. Interesting jailor counter.

I think the goal should be centred around the scarecrow bit, if you can rework the conversion process.


what conversion? they are still themselves it’s just if your attacked they act like a Crusader
do you have any ideas for the goal?
Farmer can win with town as long as town no longer have their power houses
power houses: Jailor, Veteran, Mayor and retributionist

You convert them into scarecrows.
Also I said the goal should be centred around the scarecrows.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Farmer

Postby TheGator » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 am

MafiaMenace wrote:
TheGator wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:1. Goal is way too easy.
2. Conversion roles are ew, vampire proved why.
3. Interesting jailor counter.

I think the goal should be centred around the scarecrow bit, if you can rework the conversion process.


what conversion? they are still themselves it’s just if your attacked they act like a Crusader
do you have any ideas for the goal?
Farmer can win with town as long as town no longer have their power houses
power houses: Jailor, Veteran, Mayor and retributionist

You convert them into scarecrows.
Also I said the goal should be centred around the scarecrows.


Not really... It's more like they will protect you when you are attacked instead of performing their night action.
Its a type of roleblock and not so much an conversion
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Farmer

Postby MafiaMenace » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:50 pm

TheGator wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:
TheGator wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:1. Goal is way too easy.
2. Conversion roles are ew, vampire proved why.
3. Interesting jailor counter.

I think the goal should be centred around the scarecrow bit, if you can rework the conversion process.


what conversion? they are still themselves it’s just if your attacked they act like a Crusader
do you have any ideas for the goal?
Farmer can win with town as long as town no longer have their power houses
power houses: Jailor, Veteran, Mayor and retributionist

You convert them into scarecrows.
Also I said the goal should be centred around the scarecrows.


Not really... It's more like they will protect you when you are attacked instead of performing their night action.
Its a type of roleblock and not so much an conversion

Eh, must have misread.
Now that I know that.
The goal can be, have yourself saved from death once (or twice, your decision) by your scarecrows.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Farmer

Postby TheGator » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 am

I would like some more Feedback please
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Farmer

Postby xTiffanyyx » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:26 pm

this is kinda like a buffed escort and the goal is heavily rng based. its also a bit complex for players, especially new players, to wrap their heads around.

also, if you (obviously) cant go to your own shed, then it would be very obvious who the farmer would be as the player inside the shed cant pick you.
vv
TheGator wrote:A player in the shed may not perform their normal night ability and instead they will pick a player to go
to the shed during the next night.


farmer cant go into shed, player will see that, farmer is revealed.

(or are farmers allowed to get picked?)

and could i ask why the farmer doesnt win with unique town roles?
im chimmy choo on ranked

legacy elo: 687
season 1: 1004
season 2: 1545
season 3: 1632
season 4 peak: 1857

Spoiler: Image
User avatar
xTiffanyyx
Civilian
Civilian
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Re: Farmer

Postby TheGator » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:36 pm

xTiffanyyx wrote:this is kinda like a buffed escort and the goal is heavily rng based. its also a bit complex for players, especially new players, to wrap their heads around.

also, if you (obviously) cant go to your own shed, then it would be very obvious who the farmer would be as the player inside the shed cant pick you.
vv
TheGator wrote:A player in the shed may not perform their normal night ability and instead they will pick a player to go
to the shed during the next night.


farmer cant go into shed, player will see that, farmer is revealed.

(or are farmers allowed to get picked?)

*Fixed*
(If they pick the Farmer they will be RBed instead)

and could i ask why the farmer doesnt win with unique town roles?
Because I feel like Farmer should be able to side with a role like medium and spy
but shouldn’t be able to win alive with roles like Jailor, Mayor And Retributionist


Response in black

Also let me know if you think instead of picking Farmer to be RBed
The farmer can actually go into the shed and have a veteran like ability
while they pick their next person to put in the shed.
I sorta like that better then the RB, let me know what you think
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!


Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests