Blacksmith

Old Role Ideas

Blacksmith

Postby FreezingFire127 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 pm

BEFORE REPLYING
I do understand that this is like an overpowered Vigilante, but Vampire Hunter is pretty much a Vigilante directed at Vampires. I decided to give it an old name & give it some nerfs, such as becoming useless to balance it out.

Blacksmith

Spoiler: Alignment: Town (Killing)

Attack: Powerful
Defence: None

Abilities:
-Forge steel at night to use against any threats.

Attributes:
-It takes 2 nights to forge a sword (Only has 1 use (Can only have 1 at a time))
-During the night target someone, if they visit you or you select a killing role, impale them.
-Killing roles that you can target:
Vigilante
Veteran
Vampire Hunter
Jailor
Mafioso
Serial Killer
Werewolf
Arsonist
(Not Vampires because that’s what Vampire Hunter is for)
(Not Godfather because that would be a bit to overpowered)
-If you kill a Town member, you must wait a night before forging a sword (wait a night then spend 2 nights forging a sword).
-If you kill 2 Town members, You put away your anvil & become useless (Like Retributionist).
-If you are role blocked, you don’t forge that night & continue tomorrow.
-You can only kill 3 times

Messages:
(Blacksmith)
-You are forging a sword.
-You have 1 sword.
-You have decided to impale ___ tonight.
(Unlucky Victim)
-You have been impaled by a Blacksmith. You have died!
(Rest Of Town)
-___ died last night, he/she was impaled by a Blacksmith.

Special Attributes:
-None

Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

Win Conditions:
Wins with the Town
Wins with Survivors
Must kill the Mafia
Must kill Serial Killers
Must kill Arsonists
Must kill Witches
Must kill Werewolves
Must kill Vampires

Investigative Results:
-Investigator: Your target is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
They could be the Bodyguard, Blacksmith, Godfather, orArsonist.
-Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious
-Witch/Consigilere: Your target is has an anvil
They must be a Blacksmith!
Last edited by FreezingFire127 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: FreezingFire#2772


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Blacksmith

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Townies doesnot need to kill someone..if townies start to kill so all town become mafia.. A side must stay innocent.
User avatar
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby FreezingFire127 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:26 pm

MaskedPokerFace wrote:Townies doesnot need to kill someone..if townies start to kill so all town become mafia.. A side must stay innocent.


If town doesn’t need to kill, then why is there a town killing alignment?
Discord: FreezingFire#2772


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Blacksmith

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 pm

FreezingFire127 wrote:
MaskedPokerFace wrote:Townies doesnot need to kill someone..if townies start to kill so all town become mafia.. A side must stay innocent.


If town doesn’t need to kill, then why is there a town killing alignment?

i am one of the person in this forum to remove dublicated roles from different alignments and when i asked your question to other
they responded me "Vigilante is killing but if he shots an innocent,Vigis kill themself", they see vigilante is like a last hope..
but my opinion is
remove vigi,escort from town
remove consig from mafia
User avatar
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 pm

This takes way too long to kill, it will most likely never use all three charges. Normal games usually last 6-7 days, so you might get in two attempted kills before the game ends.

It takes skill out of Vigilante, and it's just a worse one overall. Vigilantes actually have to scumread and pick who to kill, this would just go down the list and wait until they kill someone. It's highly unlikely you would ever kill more than one Townie in a game, because you occupy TK and it's not incredibly likely to have another in the game, so Jailor is the thing you need to look out for. You also admitted to knowing you were making a Vigilante clone, so just don't make one. VH isn't Vigi for Vampires, but this is just a legitimately worse clone of Vigi. Vampire Hunter at the very least is necessary for Vampires to not be OP, but this solves no problem like that, it's just bad. Don't use the excuse that "Vampire Hunter exists, so can this!" when Vampire Hunter has a very important purpose that this has none of.
User avatar
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Location: I am here

Re: Blacksmith

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:55 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:This takes way too long to kill, it will most likely never use all three charges. Normal games usually last 6-7 days, so you might get in two attempted kills before the game ends.

It takes skill out of Vigilante, and it's just a worse one overall. Vigilantes actually have to scumread and pick who to kill, this would just go down the list and wait until they kill someone. It's highly unlikely you would ever kill more than one Townie in a game, because you occupy TK and it's not incredibly likely to have another in the game, so Jailor is the thing you need to look out for. You also admitted to knowing you were making a Vigilante clone, so just don't make one. VH isn't Vigi for Vampires, but this is just a legitimately worse clone of Vigi. Vampire Hunter at the very least is necessary for Vampires to not be OP, but this solves no problem like that, it's just bad. Don't use the excuse that "Vampire Hunter exists, so can this!" when Vampire Hunter has a very important purpose that this has none of.


Vigilantes actually have to scumread and pick who to kill ; scum or not it is not an innocent one's business ,
there is already 2 judge men in game ,1 is jailor who kills for judge and other is mayor (mayor is not a killer)
,i think vigi has to be suspicious for sheriff after kills a scumbag :D
User avatar
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby FreezingFire127 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 am

Responses in RED

HereThereEverywhere wrote:This takes way too long to kill, it will most likely never use all three charges. Normal games usually last 6-7 days, so you might get in two attempted kills before the game ends. Most, not all

It takes skill out of Vigilante, and it's just a worse one overallWorse? It’s able to kill NK. Vigilantes actually have to scumread and pick who to killAlways random shoots anyways & kills townies, this would just go down the list and wait until they kill someone. It's highly unlikely you would ever kill more than one Townie in a game, because you occupy TK Unless you play all any and it's not incredibly likely to have another in the game Let me do the math, (Might’ve did this wrong) there would be 3 possible killing roles, Vig, Vet and Blacksmith. So there would be a 33.3% chance from TK in ranked or ranked practice. So lets add RT into it, there would be 15 roles (I don’t have coven) (Replaced Jailor with Blacksmith) & that becomes a 6.6% chance. Because there’s 3 RT, lets times that by 3, it becomes a 20% chance. With that out of the way, I’m going to find the percentage from every role. There’s 32 possible roles (Including Blacksmith, not including Coven DLC roles) which brings a 3.125% to the game. So adding RT & TK, you get 53.3%, so Jailor is the thing you need to look out for Not in All any. You also admitted to knowing you were making a Vigilante clone, so just don't make one. VH isn't Vigi for Vampires, but this is just a legitimately worse clone of Vigi This is made to counter NK, with consequences such as having to wait an extra night . Vampire Hunter at the very least is necessary for Vampires to not be OP, but this solves no problem like that, it's just bad Made to counter NK while still giving them a chance. Don't use the excuse that "Vampire Hunter exists, so can this!" I’m not when Vampire Hunter has a very important purpose that this has none of. Made to counter NK, hence the powerful attack
Discord: FreezingFire#2772


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Blacksmith

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 am

Worse overall as in balance-wise. Strong roles do not mean balanced roles, so just because it can kill NK - which is incredibly unfair, the reason Vigilante can't kill them - that doesn't mean it's good. Killing NK is unfair because when NK dies, they lose, that's it. If a Mafia member dies, their team can still win. If Exe dies, they might have already won. Jester can win before the game even ends. Witch has to live until the end too, but that's why it has the vest and the ability to claim Town easily.

All Any does not count for balance. Don't use it to justify a role, because All Any is unbalanced as fuck.

Oh, and again about the NK - Vigilante counters it. If you hit an immune, you reveal in the daytime and get the immune lynched. That's fair, that's okay, and it counters NK. But this is unfair, NK has no way to avoid it. NK are literally the hardest roles to win as, we don't need a role to specifically counter them.
User avatar
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Location: I am here

Re: Blacksmith

Postby Seththeking » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:25 am

before You all start dishing this role

Here is what it does because people are dumb minded and people don't read properly so let me explain this role.

During the first 2 nights you do absolutely nothing
During the 3rd night you can choose to attack someone dealing them a Powerful Attack

It's a very good role, It's like a Mix of Veteran and Vigilante so next time before you type actually fuckin read the dam role!!!
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:30 am

You didn't explain why that's good. It's not good. Read what other people say before insulting them, because you're the one who hasn't provided any support for what you say.
User avatar
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Location: I am here

Re: Blacksmith

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:46 am

Seththeking wrote:before You all start dishing this role

Here is what it does because people are dumb minded and people don't read properly so let me explain this role.

During the first 2 nights you do absolutely nothing
During the 3rd night you can choose to attack someone dealing them a Powerful Attack

It's a very good role, It's like a Mix of Veteran and Vigilante so next time before you type actually fuckin read the dam role!!!

Lol what? any comment wasnot about role it was about alignment...
User avatar
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby FreezingFire127 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:13 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:You didn't explain why that's good. It's not good. Read what other people say before insulting them



I don’t realize that other people’s opinions determine what other people say. If you say something, we’ll all branch off of what you say & ignore what we truly think

MaskedPokerFace wrote:
Seththeking wrote:before You all start dishing this role

Here is what it does because people are dumb minded and people don't read properly so let me explain this role.

During the first 2 nights you do absolutely nothing
During the 3rd night you can choose to attack someone dealing them a Powerful Attack

It's a very good role, It's like a Mix of Veteran and Vigilante so next time before you type actually fuckin read the dam role!!!

Lol what? any comment wasnot about role it was about alignment...


Nothing about the role? Read this

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Worse overall as in balance-wise. Strong roles do not mean balanced roles, so just because it can kill NK - which is incredibly unfair, the reason Vigilante can't kill them - that doesn't mean it's good. Killing NK is unfair because when NK dies, they lose, that's it. If a Mafia member dies, their team can still win. If Exe dies, they might have already won. Jester can win before the game even ends. Witch has to live until the end too, but that's why it has the vest and the ability to claim Town easily.

All Any does not count for balance. Don't use it to justify a role, because All Any is unbalanced as fuck.

Oh, and again about the NK - Vigilante counters it. If you hit an immune, you reveal in the daytime and get the immune lynched. That's fair, that's okay, and it counters NK. But this is unfair, NK has no way to avoid it. NK are literally the hardest roles to win as, we don't need a role to specifically counter them.
Last edited by Gooose26 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not double post
Discord: FreezingFire#2772


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Blacksmith

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:29 pm

FreezingFire127 wrote:
HereThereEverywhere wrote:You didn't explain why that's good. It's not good. Read what other people say before insulting them



I don’t realize that other people’s opinions determine what other people say. If you say something, we’ll all branch off of what you say & ignore what we truly think

You didn't know that what other people think determines what others say? That's literally how arguments work, you cannot properly debate someone who doesn't share their opinion, so if they don't, they shouldn't be arguing. That's what any role ideas thread is, an argument, a discussion, a debate, and if you don't share your opinion, you can't expect people to believe what you say or to even be able to reply to you, so you just shouldn't post.
User avatar
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Location: I am here

Re: Blacksmith

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 pm

FreezingFire127 wrote:
MaskedPokerFace wrote:
Seththeking wrote:before You all start dishing this role

Here is what it does because people are dumb minded and people don't read properly so let me explain this role.

During the first 2 nights you do absolutely nothing
During the 3rd night you can choose to attack someone dealing them a Powerful Attack

It's a very good role, It's like a Mix of Veteran and Vigilante so next time before you type actually fuckin read the dam role!!!

Lol what? any comment wasnot about role it was about alignment...


Nothing about the role? Read this

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Worse overall as in balance-wise. Strong roles do not mean balanced roles, so just because it can kill NK - which is incredibly unfair, the reason Vigilante can't kill them - that doesn't mean it's good. Killing NK is unfair because when NK dies, they lose, that's it. If a Mafia member dies, their team can still win. If Exe dies, they might have already won. Jester can win before the game even ends. Witch has to live until the end too, but that's why it has the vest and the ability to claim Town easily.

All Any does not count for balance. Don't use it to justify a role, because All Any is unbalanced as fuck.

Oh, and again about the NK - Vigilante counters it. If you hit an immune, you reveal in the daytime and get the immune lynched. That's fair, that's okay, and it counters NK. But this is unfair, NK has no way to avoid it. NK are literally the hardest roles to win as, we don't need a role to specifically counter them.

i was talking about my replies
User avatar
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby Seththeking » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:16 pm

ok so let me just give you this: A Veteran alerts and kills an SK with a Powerful attack and Vigilante shoots and attacks a Town Member a Vampire Hunter Looks for Vampires to Kill

Veteran and Vigilante also have Flaws

Vigilante shoots a Townie they die of Guilt
Veteran can only alert 3 times and it's completely optional on when you want to alert

This role idea is that it may not attack during 2 nights and will attack on the 3rd night if a killing role visits them or they find a Killing role
The flaw is that they have to wait to nights and they could end up killing the Jailor

So in all honesty this role is not much different then the Veteran role, so I understand that you enjoy an argument HereThereEverywhere However instead of quoting me and saying something
negated at me, You can instead do the opposite of your feelings and type in the comments of how this role could effect the game and what could be changed or improved upon. Doesn't that
sound better then arguing and making the comments worse and wasting the staff members time?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Blacksmith

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 pm

This role could be improved upon, by being totally reworked and made different. Until then, it's overall not a good role for the reasons I've said, and does not work. Instead of calling me out, you can state your opinion and support it with fact or not post at all, anything else is the real waste of time.
User avatar
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Location: I am here

Re: Blacksmith

Postby FreezingFire127 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:This role could be improved upon, by being totally reworked and made different. Until then, it's overall not a good role for the reasons I've said, and does not work. Instead of calling me out, you can state your opinion and support it with fact or not post at all, anything else is the real waste of time.


Let’s see you rework it & make it better then
Discord: FreezingFire#2772


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou



Spoiler: Image
User avatar
FreezingFire127
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am
Location: Hibernating

Re: Blacksmith

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 pm

That is not how it works. A critic does not have to be capable of making a product better than what they are critiquing, and to imply or state such is to show a critical misunderstanding of the point of critiquing. I don't have to make a better role to tell you this one is bad. I didn't choose to make a role, thus I have no obligation to make a good role. By posting your role here, you are inviting anyone to criticize it, even if they don't make a better role. Whether they can or cannot make a better role has no bearing on how good, or in this case, bad the role they're criticizing is.
User avatar
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Location: I am here

Re: Blacksmith

Postby Seththeking » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:56 am

Here's My Suggestion, It takes 2 days to charge the first time but only 1 the next times, also I feel like the only way this should kill NK is if you target them and they visit you in the same night, and the only time it should kill them
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm


Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest