Jinn (Neutral Killing) (REWORKED)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Please comment on why you feel this way please

Role is too strong!
13%
Role is balanced!
38%
Role is too weak!
2%
==========================================================================================================================
15%
Role should be Neutral Killing Alignment!
26%
Role should be Neutral Chaos Alignment!
7%

Total votes : 61

Jinn (Neutral Killing) (REWORKED)

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:05 pm

As promised here is my own take on a body hopping killer, and before you comment on this yes I will address the problem of this role messing with the reporting system don't worry!

For those of you that have no idea what a Jinn is read this
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/jinn

========================================================================================

Jinn: (Neutral Killing)

Attack: Powerful
Defense: Basic (Conditional)

You are an malevolent spirit who kills others by taking over their bodies

Abilities:

Spoiler: -You are kill capable starting Night 1
-If you kill/possess any non evil faction member you must rest a night before being kill capable again
-If you kill/possess any evil faction member you will be kill capable the next night (like mafia/coven)
-If you do attempt to kill/possess a person but fail to do so you must rest a night before being kill capable again

-You may choose to kill a victim and not possess them (by double clicking them instead of a single click)
-If you use this mehtod you must rest a night regardless of if you kill an evil faction member or not
(possessing roles like Jailor and Mayor would be impossible to fake since they have active abilities so this role needs that option)

Passive Abilities:

Spoiler: -You are told the role of your victim was after you possess them
-You are able to access the will of your victim had after you possess them
-You can't alter it, you have your own separate will that you can update the victims will is to read only
-You will have access to the whispers your victim has sent and received up to point of their death after you possess them

-These passive abilities are only there to prevent tricks like copy and paste your will that matches your role to prove you aren't jinn or do whisper codewords to ally strat and if you don't know the codeword it means your the jinn whose taken over their allies body type tricks

How Possession works with Faction Members:
Spoiler: -While you possess a faction members body with that bodies name you may speak in faction chat
-You will not know the names of the other factions member nor will their names been shown when they speak in faction chat

-While in faction members body to you can fake the visit that other faction members see that bodies role should be doing by using the moon icon interface (the visit doesn't happen nor does it do an action its just too fool mafia)

-Example you have possessed the blackmailer when you use the fake visit all other mafia members see
"Mystoc has chosen to blackmail Giles Corey tonight!"

-To perform you own jinn abilities of Killing/Possession use the normal night action interface
-Other faction members will only see you the fake visiting action you do your moon icon visit

-If you select someone that role isn't allowed to visit (like a mafia teammate) you will fake visit a random person who would have been a viable visit,
-it only appears that way to other mafia members though not you, it still appears to you like you visited your original target

Attributes:
Spoiler: -Bite immune
-Unique role

-If Roleblocked and kill capable you will attack your roleblocker
-If Jailed and kill capable and you are not executed you will attack the jailor

-If you refuse to attempt to kill a victim when you are kill capable while in another's body you will lose your basic defense and investigator and sheriff will found you to the Jinn when they check you.
-So after you first kill/possess a town member night 1 you would be kill capable again night 3 if you don't kill anyone then from there on out you will gain these debuffs until you kill again
(This is to promote you to use your ability when you can instead of hiding in anothers Identity for an extended amount of time )

-While you are in that victims body the victim may see dead chat but not talk in it until you move onto another body that is not theirs

-Your original body you started in will die once you hop into your first body its role will be Husk and no will is shown the body will appear in the graveyard as the name you called yourself before the start of the game
-Since you aren't dead showing Jinn or a will would be misleading and lead players to think the Jinn is dead
-If you do actually die for real then your role the Jinn is shown and your will as shown as well as the name of persons body you were killed in

-When you a leave and old victims body to another one victim's body, the old victim is revealed to all of town to have died and that you were in that body but left it
-The old victims correct role and will is shown in the graveyard when it revealed they died

How Body hopping works:

Spoiler: Day 1:

-You are a Jinn possessing the body of Mystoc
-this is the body you start out in and is the one of the person you named yourself as

Night 1:

-You are kill capable
-You kill John

Day 2:

-You are now John
-It is revealed to town Mystoc died and was possessed by the Jinn and that the jinn has left their body and gone into another one
- Husk is shown as the role in the graveyard and no will is shown
(Since you aren't dead showing Jinn or a will would be misleading and lead players to think the Jinn is dead)

Night 2:

-You are still John
-You are not kill capable this body is weak from possesion and needs to regain its strength!

Day 3:

-You are still john

Night 3:

-You are kill capable
-You choose to kill Giles

Day 4:

-You are now Giles who was mafia
-It is revealed to town John died and was possessed by the Jinn and that the jinn has left their body and gone into another one
-John's correct role and will are shown
Night 4:

-You are still Giles
-You are kill capable this body is tougher and has more energy and doesn't need to rest!

Day 5:

-You are still Giles

Night 5:

-You are kill capable
-You choose kill Sam

Day 6:

You are now Sam
-It is revealed to town Giles died and was possessed by the Jinn and that the jinn has left their body and gone into another one
-Gile's correct role and will are shown

===========================================================================

-You get the Idea cycle goes on and on this doesn't have the same problem as old disguiser because your original body doesn't swap wills with the person you just killed

Goal:

Spoiler: Kill all who would oppose you

Investigative Results:

Spoiler: Results If you Refuse to try to kill on nights you are kill capable

Sheriff: Your target is a Jinn!

Investigator your target could be no other than the Jinn!

-I wanted to heavily punish players who try to stay in others body when they could kill another but choose not to so both Sheriff/Inves will know right away for sure you’re the Jinn, this is in addition to losing your basic defense, so a player can still choose to stay in a body but it's very risky

======================================================================

Results If you Attempt to kill on nights you are kill capable

-You will have results of the body you are in (the role of persons body you are in)
Last edited by Mystoc on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 72 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Jinn (Neutral Killing)

Postby MafiaMenace » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Very good rework and I would vote for this 100% in TG.

/support
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

glad you like it

i actually realized i missed some things and edited the role abit tell me if you think it's still fair i will copy paste the changes below

-You are told the role of a person you kill
-You are also able to look at the will they had when they died

-You are not able to possess a Coven/Mafia member if you kill them and stay in the body you were in
(For obvious reasons their allies would realise they aren't talking in chat or using abilities and would quickly be able to figure out what happened rat you to town so it cant be allowed)
-If you have fair solution to both sides that would allow this to be possible please tell me in the comments!

the first part is so the role can know what role to fake AND have a will that makes sense if they are asked to copy paste a will right after the entered a new body

the next part is that i realized that there was no fair way allow the Jinn possess mafia/coven/to without being be unfair to one side or making the role very complicated so i just decided to not allow it

if you have fair way it can be allowed let me know!
Last edited by Mystoc on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MafiaMenace » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:02 pm

It's still good, the changes improved it actually.

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby joefischerxxx » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Pretty much an reworked version of mine. I like the name Phantom better though. ;)
/support
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77379
Fortune Teller (formerly known as the Weather Man)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80478
Phantom
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=78593
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby MafiaMenace » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:21 pm

As promised here is my own take on a body hopping killer, and before you comment on this yes I will address the problem of this role messing with the reporting system don't worry!

It is. Read your thread, you will see Mystoc said they were making a reworked version.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 pm

MafiaMenace wrote:

It is. Read your thread, you will see Mystoc said they were making a reworked version.

yep i never said it was an original idea the concept of killing then stealing a victim's body has been around since that start of the game

I just realized i could make a balanced version the worked so i did, it also don't mess with reporting system because it doesn't try fool town the dead player is you (you don't swap wills)

also players will know by day 2 their is a Jinn a game it won't be a secret like it was with old disguiser,

read my section on how body hopping will work to see what i mean
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Actually it isn't that bad.
I thought it was a Disguiser but then you said it dosn't show your own will and cleans them instead.
Also btw, this counters Mayor so much. What happens if you possess the Mayor? Do you still get the 3 votes? Because that means this is a hard-counter to Mayor.

But overall content is good.
I like it.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Postby lemonader666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Why though? It's just going make a mess like the old disguiser(name swap)

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:06 pm

oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:Actually it isn't that bad.
I thought it was a Disguiser but then you said it dosn't show your own will and cleans them instead.
Also btw, this counters Mayor so much. What happens if you possess the Mayor? Do you still get the 3 votes? Because that means this is a hard-counter to Mayor.
I like it.

it does not clean them at all
you don't become the role you are still the Jinn

i think you have misread the role

read the section about how hopping to different bodies works

lemonader666 wrote:Why though? It's just going make a mess like the old disguiser(name swap)

no there are many difference then the old disguiser tries to convince others they died by showing that the your orgianal name died as a town role that in the graveyard and shows the other players will of the identity you tokk

my role shows the real role of a dead player and does not swap wills when they die

this role does not try to convince others it died as a town at all others are told you used to be in that body and the original players role and will shown

everyone will know theres a Jinn in the game by Day 2 while the whole point of disguiser is to convince by others it died and the dead player it took it identity from is the disguiser this role does not do this

when you are the players identity you are them usually for only 2 days max (or you get very bad penalties) if combine these factors that it's always revealed the previous person you were was possessed by the Jinn and and the players know theres a Jinn by day 2 this will not mess with reporting system

-It literary announced each time you leave a body that your in a different body and that player you were was possessed by the Jinn , their can be no confusion it's very clear

check out the section of how hopping to different bodies works to get a better idea
Last edited by Gooose26 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from multi-posting
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Shilster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:28 pm

So you can talk in your victim's body?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Shilster wrote:So you can talk in your victim's body?

yes you don't use their abilities though you are still the Jinn
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 am

Mystoc wrote:
oOYuuArtSuiOo wrote:Actually it isn't that bad.
I like it.

it does not clean them at all
you don't become the role you are still the Jinn

i think you have misread the role

read the section about how hopping to different bodies works

Then overall it's good.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm

i'm thinking about letting this role be able to choose to kill a person and choose not to possess them

with some roles like jailor or mayor town would notice right away they are no longer using their ability so i feel this role needs this option otherwise they would be found out fast

this buffs make sense to me

==================================================================

alternatively i could make it so on the even nights wh the Jinn isn't kill capable it can use the ability of the role it killed and body its in this will would allow it to fool town while it is in mayor or jailor body but would prolly be to OP

=================================================================================

this last buff i prolly wont do but what are your guys thoughts on giving this role a powerful attack would it be too strong then?

the last two buff ideas are most likely too strong and if i did add any of them it would only be 1 out the 2 not both of them but please give feedback on these ideas thanks!
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby tecnojet » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:53 pm

To be honest this has been suggested before, and I love the concept therefore I support 99% and it should be in TG.
Although still not sure about the names.
Check out my role suggestions!

The kleptocracy
tecnojet

Postby MafiaMenace » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Dont know what you are on about, the name is awesome and fitting.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 pm

temporary changes based on what guys think of the changes awaiting feedback

======================================

added this

-You may choose to kill a victim and not possess them (by double clicking them instead of a single click)
(possessing roles like Jailor and Mayor would be impossible to fake since they have active abilities so this role needs this option)

===================================

and changed basic attack to powerful

lemme know what you guys think
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Shilster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm

MafiaMenace wrote:Dont know what you are on about, the name is awesome and fitting.

I'd rather it be renamed Phantom.

@Mystoc Jinn can vote in their possessed bodies, right?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby MafiaMenace » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Shilster wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:Dont know what you are on about, the name is awesome and fitting.

I'd rather it be renamed Phantom.

@Mystoc Jinn can vote in their possessed bodies, right?

I'd rather it stay as Jinn.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Shilster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 pm

It doesn't sound English-y.
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby MafiaMenace » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:02 pm

It isn't, it is also a fitting name.

Jinn - (in Arabian and Muslim mythology) an intelligent spirit of lower rank than the angels, able to appear in human and animal forms and to possess humans.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Shilster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:03 pm

How often do you hear people say Jinn everyday? Never? How about Phantom?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby MafiaMenace » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Never.

Jinn is more fitting and doesn't sound bland like phantom.

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 pm

either way names are easily changed as long as the concept fits the lore / what the does its fine which my name does do

the idea behind the name for now is that is distinctive so it easy to refer if its every added into the game the name would most likely be changed
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby joefischerxxx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:09 am

MafiaMenace wrote:Never.

Jinn is more fitting and doesn't sound bland like phantom.

Phantom is common and everyone knows what it is, the average person doesn't know what a Jinn is. Phantom sounds spooky, Jinn sounds boring.
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77379
Fortune Teller (formerly known as the Weather Man)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80478
Phantom
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=78593
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Next

Return to Role Ideas