Damned (Neutral Chaos) (Poll Added)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Is the Role balanced? / what should should be the required amount of souls needed to win?

The Role is too Weak!
No votes
The Role is Balanced!
39%
The Role is too Strong!
11%
---------------------------------------------------
14%
The required amount of souls should stay at 3!
28%
The required amount of souls should be changed to 4!
8%

Total votes : 36

Damned (Neutral Chaos) (Poll Added)

Postby Mystoc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Role Name: Damned Neutral Chaos

You are a shade who has sinned not quite Alive or Dead unseen by the living, you have made a deal with Death who has promised to give you a new immortal body if you complete his task.

Attack: None/Basic/Powerful
Defense: Untargetable

Abilities: Spoiler: -Select one person each night that is alive if they die during the night in anyway you harvest their soul

-Any who visited the dead target you choose witness you harvesting that soul. You also drain some of their life force since they were too close the victim while you harvested the soul. Any who have witnessed you harvesting a soul are now "Drained" if you ever regain a substantial body you will be powerful enough to be able to attempt to drain their life force fully to varying degrees of success depending on how many times they witnessed you harvesting the souls of the dead

-Once you harvest your third and final soul any who are drained will be debuffed/attacked

-Any who have been drained Once will be unable to vote Permanently.
-Any who have been drained Twice will be attacked with an Basic Attack.
-Any who have been drained Thrice will be attacked with an Powerful Attack

-these penalties are cumulative
-for example if the Serial Killer sees the harvesting of a soul twice they will be attacked with a basic attack and be unable to vote permanently

(Note players who lose the ability vote will also be removed from the majority of votes needed to put someone on trial)

Attributes: (when dead)
Spoiler: -Unique role
-Starts off dead
-Your name and role appears in graveyard day 1
-Town will see your dead body on day 1 as they walk out to town square and it is revealed
"Mystoc has died mysteriously he is damned!"
-To be clear everyone will know there is a damned in the game day 1

-Cannot be targeted in anyway (you are dead)
-Can only speak in dead chat (medium can see what you say during the night)
-Sees day chat and dead chat

-Harvested souls cannot be revived by Retributionist or used by the Necromancer
-Dead / medium will see your role not your name when you talk in dead chat (so the dead / medium don't have remember the your name when you type something also it looks cooler!)

Attributes: (when alive)
Spoiler: -Can still see dead chat
-Even when alive you cannot be targeted in anyway.
(This includes being voted on! cannot be voted on)
-There is no reason to kill a confirmed role that has already won
(this is to help other players remember who the damned is and not target you by accident.)
-Can vote

Goal:
Spoiler: -Live again

Victory Conditions:
-When you have harvested 3 souls you are revived and win.
-If you do not harvest 3 souls by the end of the game you loose.

-If you harvest your final soul the night the game ends you will win. (you will walk out alive revived the day the game ends)

-Wins with everyone
-Must kill no one

Investigative Results:
Spoiler: None! (you cant target dead people!)

-Since everyone will know your role because you appear dead in the graveyard on day 1
and you cannot be targeted in anyway even when alive there are no Investigative results for the Damned

Additional Information:
Spoiler: -Everyone in the game will know at the start that there is a damned in the game
-You will be told at start of each night how many souls you have harvested so far
-Only the the people who are drained will receive info the they have been drained by you at the end of night
-This means unless this is shared, town / mafia / evils will have no idea how many souls you harvested so far it could be from 0 to 2 soul(s)

-A message will appear when you revive yourself (like when Retributionist revives someone)

What happens if a player leaves the game and you harvest their soul?:

Spoiler: -If a player that has left the game dies the next day as a result of suicide only this will NOT count as a harvested soul.

-If they left during the day they will be unselectable during the night as a soul to harvest.

-If they leave during the night and nothing else happens to them and you select them it will not count
(the damned has to pay attention to that players do receive messages during the night if someone leaves)

-If Something else happens to kill them and they leave it will still count
EX:(mafia kills john he leaves game before deaths are shown for day it would say something like this)
"John has committed suicide he was also killed by the mafia!"

Role interactions with the Damned:
Spoiler: -As stated before the damned can talk to the medium and no one else besides the dead while he is dead

-Necromancer may NOT not use the damned dead body to attack someone, the damned is untargetable

-Guardian Angel may never receive the damned as a target to keep alive. (duh)

-The damned will not appear in psychic's visions while the damned is dead or alive
(would be useless info since everyone knows what role you are)

-Vigilante dying from guilt because they shot a town member will count as an successfully harvested soul!
(so its not a good idea to reveal you are the vigilante and are about to die if there is damned in the game)

-Vampire bite conversions do not count as a death, if an vampire bites Mafia/Coven and kills them then it will count.

The damned's pick is not affected by transporter

EX:

Damned predicts target C will die mafia decides to kill target C
Transporter transports C with A, A dies instead
The damned's pick does not transfer to A
If the transporter somehow causes target C to die then it will count
(name must die that is picked for a soul to be harvested)

How the drained penalty works with Neutral Killing:
Spoiler: -If Serial killer kills the damned must pick that target serial killer kills.

-If Werewolf kills the damned can pick any of the targets that die as a result from the werewolf
primary target or secondary targets
(however only the target the damned picked will give people the drained penalty who visited that target)

-If Arsonist kills the damned can pick any of the targets who dies from being ignited and it will count
(however only the target the damned picked will give people the drained penalty who visited that target)

-A damned who picks someone who is just doused during night does nothing! (they didn't die)

Notifications:

(if you can think of a better way to word something let me know!)
Spoiler:

"Name has died mysteriously they are damned!"

(all other players will receive this message day 1 after they walk into the town square)

"You have collected x soul(s) so far!"
(at start of each night the damned will be reminded how may souls hes collected)

"You have successfully harvested a soul!"
(damned sees this when he picks correctly and harvests a soul. sees at the end of the night)

"You live again! you have successfully harvested your final soul!"
(the damned sees this after the night ends and he has harvested his 3rd soul)

"You have been drained! the target you visited last night died and had its soul harvested by the Damned!" (only players who have been drained will receive this message at the end of the night)

"You have been drained once again you feel weaker! the target you visited last night died and had its soul harvested by the Damned!"
(only players who have been drained a second time will receive this message at the end of the night)

"You have been drained yet again you feel even weaker! the target you visited last night died and had its soul harvested by the Damned!"
(only players who have been drained a third time will receive this message at the end of the night)

"The Damned lives again! you felt the damned trying to drain the rest of your life force but he was unsuccessful in killing you the ordeal as left you weakened though you are unable to vote!"
(drained players who visited the damned target once see this message when he revives himself

"The Damned lives again! You were left too weak from having your life force drained multiple times the damned was able to drain the rest of your life force and as killed you!"
(drained players who die from the Damned's attack will see this message when he revives himself)

"The Damned lives again! even though you had your life force drained multiple times your unusually high constitution allowed you to survive however the ordeal has left you weakened and unable to vote!"
(drained players who survive from the Damned's attack when he revives himself will see this message)

"Name Died last night their life force was drained by the Damned!"
(all of town see this when a player who as witnessed a soul being harvested by the damned dies from the damned's attack)

"Name is no longer damned they live once again!"
(everyone sees this when the damned revives himself like retribunist message.)

Achievements:
Spoiler: Death's Slave: Win your first game as the Damned.
Death's Underling: Win 5 games as the Damned.
Death's Servant: Win 10 games as the Damned.
Death's Lackey: Win 25 games as the Damned.
Silencer: Take away someone's ability to vote.
Destroyer: Kill someone with an basic attack.
Obliterator: Kill someone with an Powerful attack.
Over Achiever: Win by day 4. (fastest possible you can do this)
Cutting it Close! : Win the day the game ends.
The Town's Mascot: Harvest no Town souls and win.
The Mafia's Lapdog: Harvest no Mafia souls and win.
The Coven's Familiar: Harvest no Coven souls and win.
The Outcast's Stray: Harvest no Neutral souls and win.
Equal Opportunist: Harvest souls all from different factions and win.
Who's Laughing Now?!: Win and be the only one left alive when the game ends.
(its funny because instead of you being the only one dead at the start you're the only one alive at the end!)

Lore: Spoiler: The Investigator woke up and to his horror discovered his wife had been murdered! Her corpse had been dragged out into the town square for all to see. The investigator full of grief, anger and self recriminations he had not be awake to protect her vowed to use his investigative skills to find her killer! After many nights of back breaking investigation the investigator had finally found a lead! One of the town members shirt had traces of his wife's hair. The investigator also found a foot point in the the dirt outside his house where he and his wife lived it was an exact match to the suspect's shoe print, he had found his wife's killer! Filled with vengeful glee the investigator announced his findings to town the next day and called for the the murder's public execution. However this town member was a trusted and beloved person of the community who could no wrong. Because of this the town ignored the investigators evidence and pleas for justice.

This went on for many days but no one would listen. The Investigator finally snapped enough was enough he had tried the diplomatic route. He had his evidence if the law wouldn't do its job then he would have to pick up the slack! Driven by grief, anger and a self righteous vindication the investigator decided to take the law into his own hands. in the late of night He took out his loaded revolver from under his pillow and broke into the murderer's house. The investigator quietly snuck into the murder's room shot him point blank in the head in cold blood while he still slept justice was done! the next day it was revealed the person was an innocent town member who had been framed by the framer. All that incriminating evidence the investigator had found had been a setup by the mafia to make this innocent town member to appear guilty and it had worked!

Instead of feeling remorse the Investigator became even more deranged he reasoned that the town member had deserved it! the town member had been complicit in his wife's murder by not not finding the real killer and had failed to protect his wife! they all were to blame every last one of these "innocent" townsfolk were just as guilty. The real murderer was still out there there! The next night in the pouring rain the Investigator yet again took out his revolver to kill the "real" murderer.

This time the Mayor and the sheriff were ready and hiding out in the town square when they saw him leave his house with a gun they confronted him. In his deranged anger he admitted to his crimes railed at them that they were stopping him from doing his job his duty! The mayor and sheriff tried to arrest him for murder and conspiring to murder another but he would not go in quietly a gun battle ensued

After some time the Investigator was shot and mortally wounded. As the town member lay dying the pouring rain it was then he realized in his grief and anger he had done some terrible things and that he didn't want to die he had a whole life ahead him to live and a a family to avenge just maybe maybe he could redeem himself maybe he could right his wrongs but first he had to live!

It was then that death appeared only before him in his hooded robe cloaked in mist scythe held in skeletal hands and said into the dying town members mind "Anything you said"? "You are about to die but what if I offered you a second chance, a better life where you would live forever? ""Anything! anything just give me a second chance." the town member thought back.

"Very well" said death "After you die I will give you a new form one where you are not quite dead but not quite alive either, you will be agonizing pain and alone and unseen in this form, If you don't complete my task by the deadline you will remain this way damned and unseen in agony in absolute purgatory forever." "If you do complete my task however I will revive you in a new immortal body that is invulnerable to injury that never hungers ,tires or feels pain do you accept?" Without even caring what the task was the town member accepted he reasoned anything was better than the dawning abyss of the unknown that was death. He would complete whatever the task was, he had to!

"Very well" said Death "your task is to harvest me 3 freshly killed souls. 3 souls, this should be enough payment for me to overlook your death and give you your new body. However it will take you some time to harvest these souls, they must be freshly killed or the harvesting won't work so be sure to pick who you think will die wisely for a newly killed soul dissipates quickly to the afterlife!"

Shortly after the deal with Death was struck the town member died and he rose from his body a shade of his former self. He had job to do and the clock was ticking because if he didn't complete his task in time he would remain damned forever..

Feedback I need the most:

is there a better drained penalty i had to severely nerf this role based on the changes to spy so i buffed the drained penalty quite a lot to compensate for that
Last edited by Mystoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 106 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Damned (Neutral Chaos) Completely Reworked!

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:59 pm

No way i'm support a role that nerfs NK

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 am

lemonader666 wrote:No way i'm support a role that nerfs NK

it doesn't kill NK i don't see how it nerfs it, its meant to be against all people that why its NC

any new new role That isn't NK is against NK so in essence it's a nerf to NK by your logic

NK survives being marked and you still think its a nerf i would say its a buff cause if the damned revives himself he will kill lots of people and NK will be one of the few to survive this basically makes it easier to win cause the game will be shorter and there will be less people to kill

it wont matter if they knew he survived because most will be dead and usually wont have the majority to vote NK anyway

also it is very hard for this role to win so in the first place smart players can avoid letting you win if they play right
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Applemader666 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:25 am

Well, marking is unnecessary. And so is its alive attributes, otherwise it's just a kingmaker.
Not to mention this is a clone of Undertaker. Yes I know that was mentioned last time but still.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871
^ Undertaker.
kosmo16 wrote:
Applemader666 wrote:
kosmo16 wrote:Ok, snowflake.

Your hunger is never satisfied

I think I will eat an apple. Do you eat home made apples?
Applemader666
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 am

Applemader666 wrote:Well, marking is unnecessary. And so is its alive attributes, otherwise it's just a kingmaker.
Not to mention this is a clone of Undertaker. Yes I know that was mentioned last time but still.

http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewto ... 27&t=35871
^ Undertaker.

if you know it was mentioned you would know i gave very good responses to why this isn't the case

the undertaker is NB and doesnt kill so people dont care its predicting deaths it also can get points from lynching this role cant

its pentantlies to town are not enough to for town to care what its doing so they will just leave it alone evil don't care either so why not just claim undertaker and get your points then leave who cares you're doing it

only time this role will questioned is when there's a janitor in the game that's it

only penalty for town is just ret cant rez it that's it, my role also shares this yes

my role however kills people everyone is against it no one will side with it

undertaker is just like hey guys i'm just predicting kills i do no nothing bad just leave me alone then i leave undertaker literally has no impact on the game my role does

they are highly different roles

my kingmaker because unlike all other roles it cant vote till it wins it has no say in the game while its dead and cant vote
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Applemader666 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:39 am

Mystoc wrote:
Applemader666 wrote:Well, marking is unnecessary. And so is its alive attributes, otherwise it's just a kingmaker.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871
^ Undertaker.

if you know it was mentioned you would know i gave very good responses to why this isn't the case

the undertaker is NB and doesnt kill so people dont care its predicting deaths it also can get points from lynching this role cant

its pentantlies to town are not enough to for town to care what its doing so they will just leave it alone evil don't care either so why not just claim undertaker and get your points then leave who cares you're doing it

only time this role will questioned is when there's a janitor in the game that's it

only penalty for town is just ret cant rez it that's it, my role also shares this yes

my role however kills people everyone is against it no one will side with it

undertaker is just like hey guys i'm just predicting kills i do no nothing bad just leave me alone then i leave undertaker literally has no impact on the game my role does

they are highly different roles

its kingmaker because unlike all other roles it cant vote till it wins it has no say in the game while its dead and cant vote

Thing is, despite if it does different things it's the same concept.

Also, Undertaker cleans roles if I'm right.
kosmo16 wrote:
Applemader666 wrote:

Applemader666
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:46 am

Thing is, despite if it does different things it's the same concept.

concepts are not the same thing as role ideas it's a concept that i never actually saw this undertaker even when i made the first version of this role

i also feel my take on this mechanic is much better

it doesn't matter if mechanic of role all ready exists cause the rest is entirely different.

Also, Undertaker cleans roles if I'm right.

-- A buried person cannot be disguised, or revived. --
-- Jesters that are buried, cannot haunt someone, even if their goal was accomplished. --
-- If you bury someone with a cleaned role, you will still know their role and have access to their will. --
-- After the goal is met, you will "leave the town". --
( When you leave the town, it is like death, your avatar will not be present and you can talk in dead chat.)

nope
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Applemader666 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:49 am

Ah, my mistake.

And if you didn't know that role existed it wouldn't matter. It's still the same concept. If your looking to get this into TG it won't happen because if I'm right Undertaker is already in.
kosmo16 wrote:
Applemader666 wrote:

Applemader666
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am

Applemader666 wrote:Ah, my mistake.

And if you didn't know that role existed it wouldn't matter. It's still the same concept. If your looking to get this into TG it won't happen because if I'm right Undertaker is already in.

the only remotely same thing about the role is it predicts deaths the rest is completely different, i have had roles with similar mechanics that play differently be accepted into TG polls your basis of that statement is incorrect

my admirer role shares mechanics of amnesic and was accepted into TG poll

https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=64854

if the way the role is played differently and the things the role does are different it doesn't matter if a type of mechanic already exists
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Damned (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 pm

i changed the marked penalty completely it is no longer the same thing

the penalty now is this

-Once you harvest your third and final soul any who are marked will be attacked

-Any who have been marked once will be attacked with an basic attack.
-Any who have been marked twice will be attacked with an powerful attack.
-Any who have been marked thrice will be attacked with an unstoppable attack.

tell me what you guys think of this marked penalty won't kill NK or GF unless the get marked twice, which is very unlikely so it seems fair to to the killing side to me now

also the penalty only happens once the damned wins on harvesting his third soul which is not a guaranteed thing

if you can think of a better way to balance this let me know!
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Mystoc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:26 pm

still have gotten no feedback on this since i completely reworked this role what i wrote above on my last post still applies
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby swagmm23 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:00 am

Not bad of a role , even if it copies Undertaker.

This role though is better than Undertaker for me.
swagmm23
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Mystoc » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:59 am

this point has been brought up before the only similarity is predicting deaths as a win condition though. the way it is played and the effect it has on the game are completely different

i'm glad you like the concept of it though
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Seththeking » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:29 pm

I Think all your roles are great /Support
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 pm

glad to hear that anything you think i could clarify to or change to make the role better?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Seththeking » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Make it so if any Killing Role visits you they visit your target instead unless it was your target
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Seththeking wrote:Make it so if any Killing Role visits you they visit your target instead unless it was your target

your dead though you cant be visited when dead , your goal is to revive yourself from death, killers cant visit people in the graveyard, while it would be a good idea if the role was alive it's not so it wont work
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Seththeking » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:14 pm

I feel like it should say when you die Night 1 that you committed suicide and your Role was cleaned Day 2.

That way it will confuse peeps and be unknown to what you really are
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:48 pm

the point is though that they know you're in the game and to be on their guard that would defeat the purpose of it

anyway being cleaned and committing suicide don't really make sense together how would a janitor know to clean you if mafia isn't gonna target you it's not believable this would never fool anyone
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Seththeking » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 am

oh, well then NM my bad
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mystoc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 pm

some feedback on this reworked role is still needed

personally i like this role a lot but i'm biased since i made it :P

edit:

changed the order and magnitude of the debuffs

1st debuff hurts town more since they the rely on voting the most since they are majority and uniformed

2nd debuff hurts everyone evenly expect GF and NK

3rd debuff will kill NK and GF too

since evils do killing the most the first debuff is meant to not be as bad for them
each stage is worse for evils coven and mafioso die to basic attack
and after that NK and GF would have to visit all three harvested souls to die which is very unlikely

to me these debuffs are equal in for town and other evils

what do you guys think?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Damned (Neutral Chaos) (Poll Added)

Postby Mystoc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm

clarified multiple things and updated marked term to drained instead things should be a lot clearer now

also i added a poll please be sure to give feedback on it it will be very helpful!
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Mystoc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:06 pm

more feedback is needed still

do you guys think 3 souls is to easy of a win condition should it be 4?

please answer the poll and leave feedback, thanks
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:23 pm

it should be four

three seems easy
Spoiler: Repertoire

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MafiaMenace » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:52 pm

You have to predict when someone dies, how is that easy in any way cupcake?

I personally would love to see this role in-game, it's well balanced and would be fun to play as.
Very well-made.

/support
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Next

Return to Role Ideas