Necromorph Neutral Evil (TG Necromancer replacement)

Old Role Ideas

Your thoughts on the role?

Great Role!
70%
Okay, but I don't get ___?
30%
Horrible role, because ___.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Necromorph Neutral Evil (TG Necromancer replacement)

Postby Parallax7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Premise

With the recent announcement by the Testing Grounds staff cornering the removal of Mroz4k's Necromancer I took it upon myself to take the salvageable qualities of the role and create my own. As far I'm concerned Necromancer should remain in the Testing Grounds for keepsake, but if that is not the case, this role will serve as a potential replacement.

From what I understand the current issue with Testing Ground's Necromancer is that it hardcounters the Town(Power) role of Retribusionist. At least, that's the TG Staff's reasoning behind its removal.

Role

An evil Retribusionist has been an issue for as long as it's existed, it's a difficult role to implement. While it's good in theory, it simply cannot be done in practice. My thoughts on the matter~are a grey area, but once I learned the role was being removed I had to take a chance at saving Necromancer!

Role Name
Necromorph
Role Allignment
Neutral(Evil)
Summary
You are a malevolent sorcerer who gives evil doers another chance through their body.
Abilities
-Select one dead evildoer, and allow them to preform their night abilities through your body.
-Chat with the evildoer you're working with at night.
-All evildoers will be notified a there's a Necromorph, encouraging them to stay.
Attributes
-Your attack and defense will conform to the evildoer you're using.
-You have one auto-vest.
-You will continue to appear as a Necromorph, despite the evildoer you're working with.
Special Attributes
-Detection Immunity.
-Single auto-vest.
Goal
Give an evildoer another chance, and finish what they started.

How it works

Arsonist
You select them during the day, and that night they will be informed a Necromorph has allowed them to preform their night actions through them.
You will continue to appear as both a Necromorph and not suspicious.
You will have basic defense.
All previously doused targets can be ignited.
The Arsnoist may conintue to douse other players.
Serial Killer
You select them during the day, and that night they will be informed a Necromorph has allowed them to preform their night actions through them.
You will attack role blockers.
You will inherit basic defense.
Werewolf
You will inherit their basic defense.
You will inherit their powerful attack.
-
Now all Neutral Killing roles are masked by you, and you may chat with one another at night. You control the vote and speaking during the day, they control the night actions.
-
Mafia
Note:This part is a little controversial and difficult to come to a consensus on with the community. It may even become conflicting, but this is my best attempt to make this work.
All Mafia may continue preforming their night abilities.
The member of the Mafia you are giving retribution may chat with the Mafia, but you will not see the exchange of dialogue.
You may only chat with the Mafia member if they're alone without Mafia.
The Mafia will see their revived ally as you, the Necromorph, in the allies section.
The Attack and Defense of the member of the Mafia you're allying with will change according to their promotion.
-
Jester
You will win like they would once you're lynched.
You cannot revive a Jester that has won.
Executioner
You will have basic defense.
You will win like they would once their target is lynched.
You will both be given Jester's conversion upon the target ceasing to be alive. (Unless lynched)
You cannot revive a Executioner that has already won.
Witch
You may control night actions.
You will be given auto vests.
You cannot revive a Witch that has won.

Flavor Information

Text
"You suddenly feel alive. Everything feels and looks different. A Necromorph has given you another chance at life. Finish what you started!"
(Being revived)
"You have decided to give ___ another chance."
(Selecting someone to help achieve their goal.)
"You cannot revive this player."
(Failing to revive someone)
-
Investigator Results
Investigator: ?
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
ConsigWitch: Your target gives evildoers another chance at life. They must be a Necromorph.

Note:
Medium does not see the exchange of dialogue between Necromorph and the Evildoer.
Last edited by Parallax7 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Re: Necromorph Neutral Evil (TG Necromancer replacement)

Postby Venusupreme » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:57 pm

This is actually a pretty good idea. Though, I really see no reason that they should be able to use Executioners or Jesters...

Could they work with plaguebearer/pestilence in the coven update? What about vampires? Could they use Pirates? What happens if they use a coven member and inherit the Necronomicon?

All in all, I like the role. But it's not finished yet, there are still some things that need to be accounted for. And the Mafia bit... there are a few things I'd like to suggest, but I don't have the time to type at the moment.

Please update it a bit, and I'll be happy to see this in TG. :)
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby Parallax7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Venusupreme wrote:This is actually a pretty good idea. Though, I really see no reason that they should be able to use Executioners or Jesters...

Could they work with plaguebearer/pestilence in the coven update? What about vampires? Could they use Pirates? What happens if they use a coven member and inherit the Necronomicon?

All in all, I like the role. But it's not finished yet, there are still some things that need to be accounted for. And the Mafia bit... there are a few things I'd like to suggest, but I don't have the time to type at the moment.

I plan to update this when I have a better understanding of the new update, but for now it entirely covers Vanilla Town of Salem.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Venusupreme wrote:This is actually a pretty good idea. Though, I really see no reason that they should be able to use Executioners or Jesters...

I helped him develop some off it so I think I can answer some of your auestions

1. All evildoers can be selected

And that's all of your questions.

And why shouldn't it be able to use Jester and Executioner? The point of the neutral evil slot is to hurt town, and helping the Jester/Executioner does just that.
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby timurtheking » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:52 pm

One thing though: jester and exe have no night abilities except for exe's immunity...how would you helo them win? Would u need to lynch exe target/lynch urself if jester?
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Venusupreme » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:11 pm

timurtheking wrote:One thing though: jester and exe have no night abilities except for exe's immunity...how would you helo them win? Would u need to lynch exe target/lynch urself if jester?

This was kinda my thinking. Also, what if every evil leaves the game when they die? Can the necromorph do their night actions for them? I think that seems fair, since even if this was added, I'm sure lots of Mafia/NK would still rage quit upon death.
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:08 pm

this is an evil version of the priestess town role

https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=66155

not say i don't like this role i do but a version of it already exists this is almost exactly the same expect its for evil roles not town roles,

the main difference i see is only one evil doer can used and you have to stick them

this is basically an amnesiac but the evil does controls you instead and you can chat with them

it also kinda op the sheriff can't find you since you basically remembered the evil doers role like if you pick sk sheriff can't find you
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Parallax7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Mystoc wrote:this is an evil version of the priestess town role

https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=66155

not say i don't like this role i do but a version of it already exists this is almost exactly the same expect its for evil roles not town roles,

the main difference i see is only one evil doer can used and you have to stick them

this is basically an amnesiac but the evil does controls you instead and you can chat with them

it also kinda op the sheriff can't find you since you basically remembered the evil doers role like if you pick sk sheriff can't find you

That role is unneeded and doesn't fit as well as Necromorph. As Town is the majority party.

Well yeah, but Amnesiac is town sided so, eh.

Whether you appear NS or not shouldn't be determined by what role you decide to use, it should be a controlled variable to
avoid swing.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:27 pm

i'm saying concept of channeling a dead person letting them control is a concept all rdy

that doesn't mean this isn't a good role

i mean the theres only one NK in game sheriff cant find usually, so really if its SK or WW(sheriff find it on full moons) u would need asro or GF to appear NS that isn't much variance

since you basically created a evil amnesiac they can coordinate with another person it should follow the the sherrif results you picked

things are findable by sheriff based on powerful they are

sk has sherrif results because it has huge killing power and needs to be able to be found same with mafia they are informed minority but still need ways to be found

sherrif results and maybe even inves results should match the role you choose to host
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Parallax7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Mystoc wrote:i'm saying concept of channeling a dead person letting them control is a concept all rdy

that doesn't mean this isn't a good role

i mean the theres only one NK in game sheriff cant find usually, so really if its SK or WW(sheriff find it on full moons) u would need asro or GF to appear NS that isn't much variance

since you basically created a evil amnesiac they can coordinate with another person it should follow the the sherrif results you picked

things are findable by sheriff based on powerful they are

sk has sherrif results because it has huge killing power and needs to be able to be found same with mafia they are informed minority but still need ways to be found

sherrif results and maybe even inves results should match the role you choose to host

My only problem with that is it'd make the role easy to find, thus defeating the purpsoe of even res'ing someone.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:33 pm

the purpose is giving them two lives and they can also have two people strategize instead of one how is to easy find it the same difficulty has when they were alive before

Your attack and defense will conform to the evildoer you're using.

you give night immunity once it picks almost all evils all NK and GF but you don't say all evils give night immunity like mafia and witch you don't do that cause it wouldn't be fair

if you give it the defense to match why night give it the weaknesses it had to match?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Parallax7 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 pm

The next TG poll will have this role up, it'll be a replacement for Necromancer if it's added~
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby TheNightmareFox » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:15 am

witch needs to live to win
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:14 am

Select one dead evildoer, and allow them to perform their night abilities through your body.

is this a permanent decision or can you pick a different evil each night?

your choice with executioner/jester is weird you make it so you can give them another chance but the executioner/jester has no night action so the person you want to get another chance literally does nothing at all since it's you who does the talking the during the day, so you really it just amnesiac for those two roles cause they get no input

You cannot revive a Witch that has won.

this is impossible witches win when all town are dead if a witch is dead the game isn't over so some town are still alive so the witch couldn't of won. Basically a dead witch can never win then die. I would remove the statement

-Chat with the evildoer you're working with at night.

overall good role the encourages evils to stay in games does medium/dead see person necro gave a second chance talk in dead chat if they talk in necro chat since the person is also still dead?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Idea Archives