Some of Advantage's cr** role ideas!

Old Role Ideas

Some of Advantage's cr** role ideas!

Postby Advantage » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:23 am

Advantage's Role Ideas!!! *tumbleweed flies past*
Pacifist
All the pacifist wanted to do was stop the violence...
Spoiler: Role Alignment:
Neutral Benign

Attributes:
Can visit one person every night, the person they visit will be informed about what has happened to them, if something has, however the pacifist will have no knowledge about who the target is, what happened to them, or what role they had. They will only be informed if the target was jailed e.t.c
  • If visited person is a town killing role... the target is rbed for the night, next day and following night
  • If visited person is a jailor... the target is rbed for the night and next day, and loses one execution
  • If visited person is a mafia killing role... the pacifist is killed, then a message like "[Name] the pacifist was killed after trying to convince a [Mafia Killing Role]" will appear when the pacifist dies, the mafia member is rbed for the night
  • If visited person is a mafia non-killing role... the pacifist is informed they have no weapons
  • If visited person is a town non-killing role... the pacifist is informed they have no weapons
  • If visited person is a neutral non-killing role... the pacifist is informed they have no side and have no weapons
  • If visited person is an arso... the pacifist is doused without any knowledge of it
  • If visited person is a sk... the pacifist dies
Probably only the first two lines need to be added to the actual description if this were to be added

Wins with:
Town, witches, survivors, jester, amnesiacs, pacifists

Special Attributes:
None

Additional Information (comments):
Not sure if this is too op/up, but in my opinion it is pretty balanced, and seems like quite a fun support role to play as.
Probably could do with a special attribute, and could be a town role but not sure...

Illusionist (cant think of anything better)
You can never tell what real...
Mafia Deception

Attributes:
At the start of the game, the illusionist can pick one role that they will disguise as for the rest of the game. When they die, that role will be shown instead of illusionist.
Can pick one person a night to visit. If they are an investigative role, it is rbed.

Wins with:
Mafia

Special Attributes:
Investigations come up as whatever role illusionist chose at the start
Can visit a mafia member. If so, the mafia member does not come up on lookouts,

Seems pretty balanced, although the rbing an investigative role might be a bit op. Pretty similar to disguiser, but imo isnt too bad, and should stop the opness of investigative roles.
Sabotager
Ideas?
[spoiler]Role Alignment:
Neutral Benign

Attributes:
The Sabotager can choose one day, in the whole game, anytime before the judgement period, where they may sabotage the hanging place, preventing the player who was about to be lynched, from being lynched.

Wins with:
All other neutral roles (not sure what to do)

Special Attributes:
If killed at night, killer also dies (I thought otherwise it would be way too underpowered, not sure what else I could use to balance it though)

Was thinking: Also, any towns will be rbed the next turn to fix the hanging place (I just randomly thought of this, maybe if it were mafia, it could have this, would definitely be op for a neutral benign)
Added most of the stuff you suggested Jahonee, ty.

Quantum Physicist (probably doesnt match but sounds cool :p)
Ideas?
Neutral Benign

Attributes:
The Quantum Physicist can choose one night, in the whole game where they may "Flash". When a Quantum Physicist "Flash"es, every single person will receive another persons name, character, and house (you can switch with yourself), however, roles will remain with players.

Wins with:
Anyone

Special Attributes:
After using your ability, you can visit one person each night, and find out who they were previously

Thought of this randomly, just thought something that makes last wills about people, can stop suspicions on someone e.t.c, would just be such a fun and confusing role. Comments about it?

Old Maid
Old and lonely, the Old Maid looks to be the last one left...
Neutral Benign

Attributes:
Unique Role
The Old Maid may visit 2 people every night, and permanently "pair/link" them up, until either the witch, or either of the pair, die. People who are paired/linked, are pretty much transported. Anything that targets one person in the pair, will actually target the other paired person, this includes investigations, witch control attempts, heals, transportations, and kill attempts!
The Old Maid can only win if every single other player alive is paired. The Old Maid cannot target herself.

Wins with:
Anybody, as long as everyone is paired

Special Attributes:
Comes up as town to investigations
If one of a pair dies (It will state something like "A pair has been broken", only if one of the pair has been lynched, for information sakes), the other paired player loses the link, and the Old Maid must pair them again if they wish to win.
If the Old Maid dies, all pairs/links will be broken.
If only the Old Maid and one other player are alive (which is extremely unlikely), the Old Maid loses, and the other player wins

Seems like a fun enough role, not sure about how balanced it is, but can imagine how crazy it would be if you couldnt kill who you wanted to!
Would definitely be fun in an all any game or something, with mafia killing mafia, and so on

The Divine One's
A soloing faction. There can only be ONE 'Divine One' per game, they are extremely powerful, but are unique roles, and only win with themselves

The Necromancer
The Necromancer, is the long lost brother of the Retributionist. Unlike him, he has mastered the art of Dark Magic...
The Divine one's

Attributes:
On N1, The Necromancer can kill someone, this goes through night immunity.
The Necromancer then, can only use the night abilities of the dead, controlling them to do his work.

Wins with:
The Divine One's

Special Attributes:
It will say "____ was killed by a Necromancer", for the N1 kill
Lookout reports will come up as the dead person visiting someone, and killings will come up as the role used "____ was killed by an SK"
RB Immunity (he's controlling someone else to do his work)
Night Immunity
Can see the dead chat at night
When the Necromancer dies, he revives the next day. It shows up as "____ the Necromancer, has arisen from the grave". This is extremely powerful in around the final 5.

Definitely OP, but, this faction is designed for soloing by YOURSELF. Thought that the necromancers so far were either so OP for their alignment, or were so UP they didn't suit their name. So this faction is designed for things like it.

Random ideas to work on

Ninja/Martial Artist
Neutral
Cant be investigated?
Can counter attack, and injure the attacker
They are rbed the next night, and the attacked player isn't killed (so night immunity with counter attack)

Poisoner
mafia/neutral
Targets someone in night, visits, and they die the next day, after the lynching. Can not be roleblocked or prevented by night immunity, only healed. Can be done once
^deefinitely underpowered, could do with some special attributes

Well thanks for reading. Comment all you want, and also i know a lot have probably been suggested but oh well...[/quote][/quote]
Last edited by Advantage on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 21 times in total.
My cr** role ideas
~Ordinary people are the best, that is why there are so many of them~
Advantage
Any of you "Valkyria 2" peeps wanna play a co-op Valk 2 game >_>
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Some of Advantage's cr** role ideas!

Postby Jahonee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 am

If the Sabotager had that ability, it would most likely be Neutral Benign. And when someone "Gets Lynched" the rope should just snap and fall to the ground. :lol:

I also think that the Pacifist is Under-Powered. Why would you visit people just to get Killed/Doused, or stop the Town from advancing and killing with their Jailor and Vet. I do support RB'ing Vigs though, for 2 nights.
Favorite Roles - Jailor, Lookout, Mayor, Retibutionist, Consigliere, Janitor, Executioner, Jester

It's been a while... hasn't it...
Jahonee
Investigator
Investigator

Postby AppleStraw56 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Jahonee wrote:If the Sabotager had that ability, it would most likely be Neutral Benign. And when someone "Gets Lynched" the rope should just snap and fall to the ground. :lol:

I also think that the Pacifist is Under-Powered. Why would you visit people just to get Killed/Doused, or stop the Town from advancing and killing with their Jailor and Vet. I do support RB'ing Vigs though, for 2 nights.

Well if the rope snapped, what about the rest of the people who need to get hanged?
y doo u al hat the jestur? dis maks me sad
liek if u cri evrytiem

You will see me as Detective Pear.

AppleStraw56
Medium
Medium

Postby Jahonee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 pm

AppleStraw56 wrote:
Jahonee wrote:If the Sabotager had that ability, it would most likely be Neutral Benign. And when someone "Gets Lynched" the rope should just snap and fall to the ground. :lol:

Well if the rope snapped, what about the rest of the people who need to get hanged?

I'm sure the Executioner and Jailor have some, why not them? :D
Favorite Roles - Jailor, Lookout, Mayor, Retibutionist, Consigliere, Janitor, Executioner, Jester

Jahonee
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Advantage » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 am

@Jahonee, Not sure... should I remove being killed by sk, and being doused by arso altogether?

it is generally a random visit role, so I do agree with your underpowered point, but not sure how i should change it. Maybe, they die from sk and doused from arso, but those players are rbed the next round?

Also, edited OP
My cr** role ideas
Advantage
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator

Postby PaperShark » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:45 pm

The other ones are interesting but I think the Sabotager is a great idea for a role, the ability to prevent some one from being lynched is unique and it can benefit any faction.
PaperShark
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Advantage » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:06 am

Bump (yes i will do this a lot :p)

With a new role, Quantum Physicist, which I personally think is extremely fun :P
My cr** role ideas
Advantage
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator

Postby AppleStraw56 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 am

Advantage wrote:Bump (yes i will do this a lot :p)

With a new role, Quantum Physicist, which I personally think is extremely fun :P

That takes the game and mystery to a whole new level, but would it be mismatched (same name different character) or work like a Disguiser?
y doo u al hat the jestur? dis maks me sad
liek if u cri evrytiem

You will see me as Detective Pear.

AppleStraw56
Medium
Medium

Postby Advantage » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:45 am

AppleStraw56 wrote:

That takes the game and mystery to a whole new level, but would it be mismatched (same name different character) or work like a Disguiser?

Nope, everything would be changed, except for the role, which no one knew in the first place.

Therefore...

Player A, Character Skin A, House no.1, Veteran
Player B, Character Skin B, House no.2, Doctor
Player C, Character Skin C, House no.3, Godfather

Could turn out to be

Player C, Character Skin B, House no.2, Since its Player C, they would remain Godfather
Player B, Character Skin A, House no.3, Since its Player B, they would remain Doctor
Player A, Character Skin C, House no.1, Since its Player A, they would remain Veteran

This would mean that people don't lose their roles, which I know people hate.

But it would change everything that defines a person, primarily their username, but also their character skin and number on the player list, and would ruin any leads. Imagine if they are going to lynch the sk/mafia the next day and the Quantum Physicist uses "Flash". Or the Quantum Physicist uses it when theres <4 people and no one knows whos who.

I do however have to admit this role is pretty boring and could do with something else, like visiting a player every night and doing SOMETHING, ideas?
Also, since it benefits the mafia much more (they wont be lynched, and they know who all the other mafia are by the mafia list anyway), should it be a neutral evil, or keep it as benign?
My cr** role ideas
Advantage
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Jahonee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 am

Advantage wrote:
AppleStraw56 wrote:

Nope, everything would be changed, except for the role, which no one knew in the first place.

Therefore...

Player A, Character Skin A, House no.1, Veteran
Player B, Character Skin B, House no.2, Doctor
Player C, Character Skin C, House no.3, Godfather

Could turn out to be

Player C, Character Skin B, House no.2, Since its Player C, they would remain Godfather
Player B, Character Skin A, House no.3, Since its Player B, they would remain Doctor
Player A, Character Skin C, House no.1, Since its Player A, they would remain Veteran

This would mean that people don't lose their roles, which I know people hate.

But it would change everything that defines a person, primarily their username, but also their character skin and number on the player list, and would ruin any leads. Imagine if they are going to lynch the sk/mafia the next day and the Quantum Physicist uses "Flash". Or the Quantum Physicist uses it when theres <4 people and no one knows whos who.

I do however have to admit this role is pretty boring and could do with something else, like visiting a player every night and doing SOMETHING, ideas?
Also, since it benefits the mafia much more (they wont be lynched, and they know who all the other mafia are by the mafia list anyway), should it be a neutral evil, or keep it as benign?

Neutral Benign

Jahonee
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Advantage » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Bumpity bump bump #2

Old Maid role, will get to adding the other 2 roles on the bottom soon

And formatted it better
My cr** role ideas
Advantage
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Warpenguin55 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 am

Im sorry this took so long

Pacifist- 8/10
-Not too close to a current role +1
-Doesn't seem to be a Hybrid of roles +1
-Doesn't seem to be overpowered +1
-It does stay true to being benign because the Pacifist could give the info to who ever he wanted. +1
-Does not seem too dependent on another role to be useful +1
-The role seems like the witch in the way that you need to find the side you win with and seems like a safe role to claim +1
-The role does seem to be complicated, but the wiki is here for that reason, and it doesnt seem like people could make a huge error and f up the game because of it+1
-i think the role adds the ability to figure things out and pick a side, unlike the amnesiac and survivor +1
-I dont think trolling with this role is really possible unless you decide to drain all of the jailor executions, which could really be frustrating -1
-The role could possibly mess up the jailor, he jails the sk to only find out the Pacifist made him lose the last execution he had and jailor dies. -1

Illusionist 9/10
-It seem doesn’t seem to be too close to any current roles +1
-Its not really a hybrid role +1
-Could be overpower in the since that he could die as the jailor or vet or like that, and convince the town there isn’t one. But as long as its not in classic mode I think it will be fine. +1
-Its alignment and category make it a good mafia deception role. +1
- It doesn’t seem to need another role to be useful. +1
-It doesn’t seem to be the most exciting role to play as, but really, no Mafia deceptions are other then the janitor. +1
-Seems pretty straightforward +1
-It can easily make the town second guess themselves. +1
-They could troll and pick the Serial Killer, but why would they? +1
-Yes, it could mess up a town severely, to the point of where massive confusion breaks out. (highly unlikely this will happen). Maybe instead of roleblocking the investigator, it could see what the invest/sheriff sees if one is targeted. -1

Sabotager 7/10

-Not even close to being like another+1
-Not a hybrid +1
-Could prevent the GF/SK from dying when the town needs them gone the most. -1
-At first I thought this would work better as mafia, but then I realized how obvious it would be. And making it so he can save whoever seems pretty good. +1
-It doesn’t need other roles to make it playable +1
-It seems sorta fun, but the problem is it cant do much after using its ability +1
-Nothing so hard to understand about clicking the sun +1
-Its unique and a benign role that can actually do something +1
-No considering that he can only use it once (did I read that right) +1
-It doesn’t seem to ruin other roles, but I can easily see a jailor just jailing and executing the saved person because they didn’t get lynched. -1

Old Maid 8/10

-Not too similar to an existing role +1
-This role is not a hybrid +1
-Not really overpowered, could be annoying, but not overpowered +1
-Neutral Evil would probably work better, considering that Evil needs to complete their own unique win conditions in order to win. -1
-This role is not dependent on other roles +1
-Seems ok to play as and a safe role to claim+1
-It looks extremely complicated. For eample, would dying ignore night immunity? Could being paired with a survivor who uses a vest save you from an attack? -1
-As a Neutral it doesn’t need to add anything +1
-I doubt you could really troll with this +1
-It probably wont ruin other roles +1
Warpenguin55
Donor
Donor

Postby Advantage » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Thanks for the review, gonna try and update some of the things as you stated, like giving sabotager something to do after he sabotages, something that makes Old Maid less confusing, maybe what you said for the illusionist e.t.c
My cr** role ideas
Advantage
Advantage
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Idea Archives