Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Old Role Ideas

Do you like this role?

Yes, it's awesome
13
50%
Yes, after some fixes
6
23%
Meh, it's ok
5
19%
Nah, it needs a lot of work
1
4%
Nah, this doesn't work
1
4%
 
Total votes : 26

Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Malpractitioner
I am stubborn with this name choice
Alignment -
Mafia Support

Abilities -
Torture someone at night, blocking all their abilities

Attributes -
You can block day and night abilities
When actions are blocked they will not be performed and become stored
When you stop blocking someone, the most recent stored action is released that night with all the rest getting roleblocked
All stored actions will usurp the target's action for that night
You must switch target if you torture someone for 2 consecutive nights

Goal -
Kill anyone who will not submit to the Mafia

Investigation Results -
Sheriff: Your target is a member of the Mafia
Investigator: N/A
Consigliere: Your target owns a bloody vice with a variety of blades. They must be a Malpractitioner

This post was inspired by sunbird1002's Delayer
Last edited by BS4125 on Wed May 03, 2017 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 am

Feedback pls 3:

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby superdog551 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 am

I'm honestly a bit confused on how this works. Could you make a simulated gameplay to clarify it?
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.
AegonSnow wrote:Ability: Visit a person during the night and have an sex-filled orgy with everyone there.

In-game my name is Jay
User avatar
superdog551
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm
Location: The Desert (Send Water Please)

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:05 am

superdog551 wrote:I'm honestly a bit confused on how this works. Could you make a simulated gameplay to clarify it?

Sure

N1:
Malpractitioner targets the Escort
Escort targets the Investigator

D2:
Investigator wasn't roleblocked

N2:
Malpractitioner targets someone else or no one
Escort targets the Serial Killer

D3:
Investigator is roleblocked
Serial Killer isn't roleblocked

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby superdog551 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 am

Oh okay, I get it. So basically it delays the action they were going to do.

I like this idea, and it would fit right in with the mafia. It could be very useful at deterring sheriffs and investigators, at least for a while.

/support
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.
AegonSnow wrote:Ability: Visit a person during the night and have an sex-filled orgy with everyone there.

In-game my name is Jay
User avatar
superdog551
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:33 pm
Location: The Desert (Send Water Please)

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 am

I've made it a little more understandable, I think that's why people weren't responding

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby ChronoByte » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:18 pm

He basically delays other peoples actions... Very interesting indeed! Could be a very useful Mafia role!
/Support
Bad Roles that shouldn't be put in game AKA roles that I did.
- Necromancer
- Trainer


You can't see me!

Useless stuff
Spoiler: Favorite roles: Jester, Executioner, Investigator and Transporter
Hated roles: ALL MAFIA, Serial Killer, Arsonist
You're cursed now, now you have to search about tomatoes and pm me about it, otherwise you will be Survivor next game
ChronoByte
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Fenraiser » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Is it correct to assume that the tortured roles realize that they are being tortured save for TI's? I just want to see the role's confirmability.

I think it would be good not to make it easily confirmable. I say that the tortured targets should get a role-blocking notification. Doing so would give the role a potential cover (temporarily). But the suggestion might be iffy as escort already has a mafia counterpart.

You could potentially lop the investgative result into the escort, transporter, or consort results.

The role seems pretty good.
murat1996 wrote:I hate Fen for making this role
User avatar
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Working

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:01 am

Fenraiser wrote:Is it correct to assume that the tortured roles realize that they are being tortured save for TI's? I just want to see the role's confirmability.

I think it would be good not to make it easily confirmable. I say that the tortured targets should get a role-blocking notification. Doing so would give the role a potential cover (temporarily). But the suggestion might be iffy as escort already has a mafia counterpart.

You could potentially lop the investgative result into the escort, transporter, or consort results.

The role seems pretty good.

I think I will either have the target receive no notification or the roleblocked one

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Anavel » Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 pm

i think this will do better as a neutral evil rather than a mafia
Anavel
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Mystoc » Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 pm

so am i correct to assume if a doctor was tortured twice then its stoped the night its stoped it would heal the two people it tried to heal before in the same night?

i dont see how this is better then the consort only bad sititions i can think of is vet alerting on a night he doesn't want to casue it was delayed or a doc healing a mafia member on a night they wouldn't have normally healed them

and isnt vet immune to being rbed anyway

i guess stopping jailor from jailing somone and mayor from revealing is the only difference from consort that makes it better then consort

i dont see anyway its hurts town by delaying its actions it seems strictly a worse verison of consort.

could you give an example when this is better then consort excluding blocking day abilities?
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 am

Mystoc wrote:so am i correct to assume if a doctor was tortured twice then its stoped the night its stoped it would heal the two people it tried to heal before in the same night?

i dont see how this is better then the consort only bad sititions i can think of is vet alerting on a night he doesn't want to casue it was delayed or a doc healing a mafia member on a night they wouldn't have normally healed them

and isnt vet immune to being rbed anyway

i guess stopping jailor from jailing somone and mayor from revealing is the only difference from consort that makes it better then consort

i dont see anyway its hurts town by delaying its actions it seems strictly a worse verison of consort.

could you give an example when this is better then consort excluding blocking day abilities?

Well, I was considering having it so all the stored actions are released but now I think it would be better if only the most recent action is released and the other stored actions are roleblocked. This is because I think the MP should get something in return for going out of its way to torture the same target

Not sure if I should keep it to be able to delay Day actions, I would say no as it becomes a hard counter to the Jailor

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Mystoc » Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 am

BS4125 wrote:
Mystoc wrote:so am i correct to assume if a doctor was tortured twice then its stoped the night its stoped it would heal the two people it tried to heal before in the same night?

i dont see how this is better then the consort only bad sititions i can think of is vet alerting on a night he doesn't want to casue it was delayed or a doc healing a mafia member on a night they wouldn't have normally healed them

and isnt vet immune to being rbed anyway

i guess stopping jailor from jailing somone and mayor from revealing is the only difference from consort that makes it better then consort

i dont see anyway its hurts town by delaying its actions it seems strictly a worse verison of consort.

could you give an example when this is better then consort excluding blocking day abilities?

Well, I was considering having it so all the stored actions are released but now I think it would be better if only the most recent action is released and the other stored actions are roleblocked. This is because I think the MP should get something in return for going out of its way to torture the same target

Not sure if I should keep it to be able to delay Day actions, I would say no as it becomes a hard counter to the Jailor



i still dont see how it can be better then consort

getting rid of those things are its only differences to it take them away its a worse cosnort

also cant think of instance where dealying a town member hurts town in a bad way besides rbing them it really does seem like a worse consort to me sorry
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby FearTheBlackout » Wed May 03, 2017 10:28 am

If it replaced the Consort, I think that it could work well, since it would fulfill the same overall purpose without having an ability that already exists. No complaints on the functional side of things.
FearTheBlackout
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:12 am

Mystoc wrote:
BS4125 wrote:
Mystoc wrote:so am i correct to assume if a doctor was tortured twice then its stoped the night its stoped it would heal the two people it tried to heal before in the same night?

i dont see how this is better then the consort only bad sititions i can think of is vet alerting on a night he doesn't want to casue it was delayed or a doc healing a mafia member on a night they wouldn't have normally healed them

and isnt vet immune to being rbed anyway

i guess stopping jailor from jailing somone and mayor from revealing is the only difference from consort that makes it better then consort

i dont see anyway its hurts town by delaying its actions it seems strictly a worse verison of consort.

could you give an example when this is better then consort excluding blocking day abilities?

Well, I was considering having it so all the stored actions are released but now I think it would be better if only the most recent action is released and the other stored actions are roleblocked. This is because I think the MP should get something in return for going out of its way to torture the same target

Not sure if I should keep it to be able to delay Day actions, I would say no as it becomes a hard counter to the Jailor



i still dont see how it can be better then consort

getting rid of those things are its only differences to it take them away its a worse cosnort

also cant think of instance where dealying a town member hurts town in a bad way besides rbing them it really does seem like a worse consort to me sorry

Well, when you do delay an action and the action is then released it usurps the action you wanted to do that night however with the Consort the action is still performed the night after the RB

Example with Consort:
A = Consort
B = Vigilante
C = Doctor

N1:
A roleblocks B
B kills C however is roleblocked

N2:
A roleblocks C
B doesn't kill and C doesn't die

Example with Mal:
A = Malpractitioner
B = Vigilante
C = Doctor

N1:
A tortures B
B kills C however is blocked

N2:
A tortures C
B doesn't kill but their action is usurped by the previous action, killing C

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Fenraiser » Wed May 03, 2017 11:46 am

BS4125 wrote:Well, when you do delay an action and the action is then released it usurps the action you wanted to do that night however with the Consort the action is still performed the night after the RB

Example with Consort:
A = Consort
B = Vigilante
C = Doctor

N1:
A roleblocks B
B kills C however is roleblocked

N2:
A roleblocks C
B doesn't kill and C doesn't die

Example with Mal:
A = Malpractitioner
B = Vigilante
C = Doctor

N1:
A tortures B
B kills C however is blocked

N2:
A tortures C
B doesn't kill but their action is usurped by the previous action, killing C

It essentially roleblocks someone for 2 nights. I do not think the malpracticioner should target a person more than once, as that seems it can prevent chosen actions for 4 nights (if I read it right).

What happens if the target C dies? Where does the action get redirected? Does B get roleblocked instead, or will B get to choose?
murat1996 wrote:I hate Fen for making this role
User avatar
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Working

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Fenraiser wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Well, when you do delay an action and the action is then released it usurps the action you wanted to do that night however with the Consort the action is still performed the night after the RB

Example with Consort:
A = Consort
B = Vigilante
C = Doctor

N1:
A roleblocks B
B kills C however is roleblocked

N2:
A roleblocks C
B doesn't kill and C doesn't die

Example with Mal:
A = Malpractitioner
B = Vigilante
C = Doctor

N1:
A tortures B
B kills C however is blocked

N2:
A tortures C
B doesn't kill but their action is usurped by the previous action, killing C

It essentially roleblocks someone for 2 nights. I do not think the malpracticioner should target a person more than once, as that seems it can prevent chosen actions for 4 nights (if I read it right).

What happens if the target C dies? Where does the action get redirected? Does B get roleblocked instead, or will B get to choose?

It doesn't roleblock for two nights, it roleblocks the first night and then the second night the action which was going to be used on the first night usurps the action chosen for the second night instead which doesn't really qualify for a roleblock

And you didn't really get the next bit right either, it can roleblock a maximum of 2 nights and then the third is when the stored action is released which is again not really a roleblock

If target C dies N1 then the stored action will have no effect, it would still be directed to C but because they are not living they cannot be effected. So yes B gets roleblocked instead, having it so it gets to pick destroys the role's power

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Fenraiser » Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks for clearing it up. I understand it better now.
murat1996 wrote:I hate Fen for making this role
User avatar
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Working

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Mystoc » Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 am

again i dont see how this is better then consort i cant think of sitution where delaying an action is better then just stopping it

if there is one an example would be nice
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:58 am

Mystoc wrote:again i dont see how this is better then consort i cant think of sitution where delaying an action is better then just stopping it

if there is one an example would be nice

Well in my example a few posts above with Vigilante, in Day 2 the Vigilante could have realised that their target, the Doctor, was actually Town and doesn't shoot on Night 2 but because they were tortured they still attack the Doctor

It does need a very slight buff though, I'll think of something

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby KyoDaz » Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 am

So it's basically a buffed Consort that can distract Witches, Escorts, Mayor and Jailer?
Check out my cool roles!

Ritualist
Kleptomaniac

Spectre0 wrote:I have a theory that whenever someone suggests a role that converts evils into town, the collective IQ of the forums goes down by a tangible amount.

This theory is mostly based on the fact that I feel my brain cells hanging themselves as I read this role idea.
KyoDaz
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:25 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby BS4125 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:07 am

KyoDaz wrote:So it's basically a buffed Consort that can distract Witches, Escorts, Mayor and Jailer?

It's not buffed since the action always occurs (unless there are multiple tortures on people) but that is balanced with the fact that it can roleblock Witches and Escorts (not Jailors or Mayors) and that the stored action usurps the next intended action

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby Mystoc » Thu May 04, 2017 12:28 pm

BS4125 wrote:
Mystoc wrote:again i dont see how this is better then consort i cant think of sitution where delaying an action is better then just stopping it

if there is one an example would be nice

Well in my example a few posts above with Vigilante, in Day 2 the Vigilante could have realised that their target, the Doctor, was actually Town and doesn't shoot on Night 2 but because they were tortured they still attack the Doctor

It does need a very slight buff though, I'll think of something


i mean thats it though its to much like consort but seems weaker i agree needs a buff or changed to distinguish it from consort
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:49 am

Maybe their target dies if they have 3 or more stored actions when you stop?

Cause so much pain and torture
Spoiler: Repertoire

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Re: Malpractitioner (Mafia Tactical)

Postby RubbishRooster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm

I can only imagine one issue with this role, I imagine that it could potentially only have a large effect on Vigilante, Town Investigatives, and Jailor which is quite a limited number of roles, so basically it is a worse consort to most other roles and it would have just as much usability as a framer, which is not a lot.
Dragon Cave: Spoiler: Image Image Image
Testing Grounds: Spoiler: Image
User avatar
RubbishRooster
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest