Cult (Informed Minority)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

What do you think?

To the Testing Grounds
52%
Needs just a bit of work
18%
Unbalanced (Comment)
2%
Idea will never work (Comment)
8%
To The Testing Grounds
21%

Total votes : 130

Re: Cult (Mafia Faction)

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:Way too OP. You just target people that claim their role.

Exactly, so then you cant just spy test then lead the town. That and then people cant confirm themselves, like "Ok im vigilante im shooting Gooose26 tonight."

Then you stop him from doing his job...

Or you can claim that you didnt do a specific job or something as an evil for more time or something...
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:45 pm

So occasional multi-night roleblock...

Does the Rbed person get a message they were blocked? Is it different from regular RB message?

Otherwise seems straightforward. Maybe call it a Hypnotist or something

Almost always "Soviet Russia" in-game
Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:So occasional multi-night roleblock...

Does the Rbed person get a message they were blocked? Is it different from regular RB message?

Otherwise seems straightforward. Maybe call it a Hypnotist or something

Well that goes to another idea that i had. Maybe it would be unknown, but you can still try to use your ability. If they do, then they will lose a charge and it wont work, but they wont know it
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:34 pm

This seems good now. Maybe give the person a notification after the hypnosis (roleblock) has expired, so they understand why their last two nights did nothing, but only after the fact.

Also, how would this affect sheriffs and invests and stuff? cos they get results immediately...

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:This seems good now. Maybe give the person a notification after the hypnosis (roleblock) has expired, so they understand why their last two nights did nothing, but only after the fact.

Also, how would this affect sheriffs and invests and stuff? cos they get results immediately...

Well i guess if they get results just nothing happens, so basically a roleblock. They dont have charges so it isnt that bad, but the lookout will just think nobody was visited
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Seems good. Tricks people with limited charges, regular RBs people without them. Maybe have in only be able to do this stuff every second night to compensate for having two nights of RB... or is that too similar to normal consort?

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:Seems good. Tricks people with limited charges, regular RBs people without them. Maybe have in only be able to do this stuff every second night to compensate for having two nights of RB... or is that too similar to normal consort?

Im just afraid that if this doesn't have a limited amount, then it will be op
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Right. Limited amount. Forgot. Limited amount is better, you're right.

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:14 am

Alright so do we agree on the mechanics? 3 uses, 2 guess, lasts 2 nights. Will roleblock players but they wont be informed about it until after it ends. I still dont have a good name
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Idk. I came up with Hypnotist in one of the posts somewhere above... but idk how much that really suits it.

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:Idk. I came up with Hypnotist in one of the posts somewhere above... but idk how much that really suits it.

Yea it is kinda weird. This guy is like a modern day example of the socratic method. Basically just guessing and stuff for the roles, but i dont know what you would call it
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Well someone who uses the Socratic method is a Sophist. Already have one of those.

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby AlaskasJade » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Seems very well made imo.
204 hours on steam version alone. (Played on browser version for a few years.)

1362 matches played total.

Nig gers are not the same as me
AlaskasJade
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:Well someone who uses the Socratic method is a Sophist. Already have one of those.

Oh really? Well that'/s kind've frustrating. What if I changed the current Sophist back to the Scholar, and then made this knew one the Sophist?

AlaskasJade wrote:Seems very well made imo.

Thank you, took a lot of feedback and work to get to this point. Have any doubts or opinions on anything specific?
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Whatever you want with the name. Scholar and Sophist could work. Sophist and ... could work. Anything really.

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Alright the previous Sophist was changed to the Prevaricator(Could be better, basically is just "Liar"), and the new Sophist was created. Also changed the Devout to the Cleric, as I like the name a lot better

I have another one, supposed to be like the disguiser how it is deceptive, but it really isn't close at all. It kind've has a lot of similar aspects to the Taxidermist, but here it is:

(ROLE NAME) (Cult Deception)
Abilities:
- May visit 1 player each night, and if that target is killed then the target will appear to be alive
- Any attacker that kills the player will get the "Your target was immune!"
- The target will only look alive for the next day, but may be visited again to look alive again

Attributes:
- Only 3 charges
- Sheriff and Investigator will find out that the player is in fact dead, but the lookout will only see who visited.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Seems good. You can't call it the Taxidermist I suppose. Maybe the... Puppeteer or the Voodoo Priest

And then, instead of Role or Sus/Not Sus, Invest and Sheriff both get:

Your target is a dead body held together with dark magic. They must be a Puppet/Zombie (depending on name of role)

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:Seems good. You can't call it the Taxidermist I suppose. Maybe the... Puppeteer or the Voodoo Priest

And then, instead of Role or Sus/Not Sus, Invest and Sheriff both get:

Your target is a dead body held together with dark magic. They must be a Puppet/Zombie (depending on name of role)

Exactly, that's what i meant in the attributes lol. And i like puppeteer. One thing i was scared about is if it would be too weak with only 3 charges. I was thinking maybe 4, 2/3rds an average game
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:36 am

4 charges seems good. And the player whose corpse was puppeted... should he be informed? because it means he can tell the medium, but otherwise will result in heaps of confusion and bug reports...

Also, can the Puppeteer speak through the Puppet or no? because that makes a massive impact on how powerful the ability is.

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:4 charges seems good. And the player whose corpse was puppeted... should he be informed? because it means he can tell the medium, but otherwise will result in heaps of confusion and bug reports...

Also, can the Puppeteer speak through the Puppet or no? because that makes a massive impact on how powerful the ability is.

No he cant, he is dead. He may look at the names pn the right and see his, or he may see that he is still in the circle of players and not pronounced dead, but he will be dead. But no talking or anything, the puppet is just looking like an inactive living player. Or course he can talk in the dead chat, and he will affect the overall voting count, so this role could destroy in late game feom that one vote
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Alright I added the Mortician(The last role i suggested), and i also gave information on the Cutthroat, even though it is really just the mafioso. I will be adding lore piece by piece day by day but i dont have it yet

I'm getting no feedback whatsoever :crying: But how about this new role?
(ROLE NAME) Cult Support
Abilities:
- Every night may choose to go on *alert*(Will find a better word :lol: )
- When on alert, anybody who visits a cultist will be shown by what role they are

Attributes:
- If somebody had visited a cultist at all before, the roles will be shown AND the name of the player, but seperately
- Only 3 charges

Good concept? Bad concept? Too underpowered? Too overpowered? I'm not done with this faction yet
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Another new role, will replace he shapeshifter as they will work the same but I like this better

Empusa (Cult Support)
Abilities:
- May visit any player every night

Attributes:
- Anybody is who visits his target will get the notification "You saw an Empusa, and fleed", getting no results that night
- Transporter will still switch
- Will stop people from visiting veteran
- Cult members may visit the target of the Empusa and will not flee

The Empusa was a demigoddess that transformed from a beautiful woman into a scary monster. She was said to be subject to Hekate, so it fits perfectly with the lore of the faction. Basically this is my version of the consort, but it is pretty different

I haven't gotten any real feedback since my first 6 roles, now I have 10(If yoy include the post just before as well)
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Cult (Faction) (NEED FEEDBACK!)

Postby Salamandos35 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm not the guy who made this, but:

Oracle just gets a pile of visitor names I'm pretty sure. No indication of who visited who.

The "medium copy" and "janitor copy"... medium is something that doesn't have a strong evil CC and janitor is just a good role which is essential/useful enough to justify recycling.

Scholar is less OP than you think because it only gets half as many roles/night as consig does. Sure, it gets alignments, but those are worth a lot less.

Mortician - Since the Mortician can't do anything with his puppet, the reasonable option probably means not counting it for vote purposes. It'll be noticed, but then you have to figure out who the puppet is...

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

Postby Gooose26 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Salamandos35 wrote:I'm not the guy who made this, but:

Oracle just gets a pile of visitor names I'm pretty sure. No indication of who visited who.

The "medium copy" and "janitor copy"... medium is something that doesn't have a strong evil CC and janitor is just a good role which is essential/useful enough to justify recycling.

Scholar is less OP than you think because it only gets half as many roles/night as consig does. Sure, it gets alignments, but those are worth a lot less.

Mortician - Since the Mortician can't do anything with his puppet, the reasonable option probably means not counting it for vote purposes. It'll be noticed, but then you have to figure out who the puppet is...

No, the Oracle will first get, Player A cultist was visited by an invesigator and transporter, Player B....

But if somebody visits again to another it will be;
Player A cultist was visited by a lookout and the doctor, Player B...
"You recognize a face. It belongs to [Visitors name here]!"

Yea the medium copy thing is a lot different than the normal medium and it converted to an evil role, which CC's the medium. As the Janitor there is a good argument that it is copied but I feel like it was alreasy a super good role and it is hard to change that without ruining the balance of it.

I do feel the scholar is balanced, sure he can get pure answers every other day and 1 alignment, but hat is actually worse than the consigliere. The way I would do it is that you would only revisit somebody if yoy need to know something to help with the Deformer mutations going on, and instead get information on 3 people every 2 days. Also, I would use the double visit when I would find a neutral player.

Yea Salamando's got it. It won't affect the number of votes, which sure hardcore players will notice(Personally I never even notice the "this many votes for voting up" thing until we are at a standstill and almost voting somebody up), but they cant find the puppet througg this. Discovering the puppet is really just a waste of your night though, unless you are lookout and find out it was a puppet...

I definitely enjoy the feedback though, I will take note of it, from both of you

EDIT: I also noticed how it would require both the Defotmer and the Cleric to be alive to night 6 in order to hit max deformities/mutations, which is highly unlikely and should be rewarded well. But i dont think more are needed because of this.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Salamandos35 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:20 am

Maybe if the Cleric and Deformer survive to get all the Mutations, all the Deformities they got get cleared... this might be unbalanced on second thought... but if two "maf" are alive by night 6, town has already basically lost.

Salamandos35
Jester
Jester

PreviousNext

Return to Role Ideas