Mortician (Neutral Evil) 99+ Supporters

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

I like this role.

Very true
79
26%
True
82
27%
False (why not?)
18
6%
Very false (why not?)
9
3%
The Mortician should start with 3 buries
64
21%
The Mortician should start with 2 buries
53
17%
 
Total votes : 305

Mortician (Neutral Evil) 99+ Supporters

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:08 am

Mortician
Neutral Evil


Ability:
-When someone is voted up to the stand, you may choose to bury them
-You can hear the dead at day (unsure)
-You have two buries

Attributes:
-Buries hide the role and will of the player who is being lynched to town
-At night, go to someone's house, if you visit someone who is killed, you will get an additional bury, and you will witness the killer.
-If you are lynched, you will bury yourself
-The role of dead buried players will appear to be buried *
-You will still lose a bury if you attempt to bury someone who gets pardoned off the stand. *
-Anyone who is lynched and buried cannot say anything during "Last Words" *
-Evil roles will be able to see the role of everyone buried.
-You can see the will of those buried
*Not in in-game rolecard, but still applies

Special Attributes:
Bite immune
1 Scum autovest
Detection Immune

Goal:
Live to see the town's downfall

Win conditions:
Wins with Morticians
Wins with Survivors
Wins with Witches
Wins with the Mafia
Wins with Serial Killers
Wins with Arsonists
Wins with Werewolves
Wins with Vampires
Must kill the Town

Investigative results
:
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator: Your target sticks to the shadows. They could be the Lookout, Forger, or Mortician.
Consigliere: Your target is equipped with a shovel. They must be a Mortician!

Messages:
"You decided to bury _."
"You didn't witness any killings at _'s house."
"You saw someone dead at _'s house! You are filled with adrenaline. The killer is _."
"We could not determine _'s role."
"Someone attacked you, but you dodged the attack!" (Scum autovest)
"Someone whacked you in the head! You cannot speak!" (During Last Words before you are buried)

Achievements:
R.I.P - win your first game as Mortician 5 TP
Grave - win five games as Mortician 10 TP
Mortal - win ten games as Mortician 15 TP
Watch me work - win 25 games as Mortician 25 TP
Burial - bury someone for the first time 5 TP
Cemetery - bury three people in one game 15 TP
Moribund- bury yourself for the first time 10 TP

Additional Information:
We made up a role in the Testing Grounds, and it ended up being pretty cool!
It was this role, but unfortunately, there weren't enough players to test out it's full potential.
Hope you like it :D
Please reply I need some constructive feedback
Also: Evil roles will see the person buried as Playername (Role) (Buried)
Last edited by BlazinIce on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 35 times in total.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Damafaud » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:12 am

Why can't it pop up as Cleaned like Janitor?
I mean, why the difference is needed?
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:16 am

Damafaud wrote:Why can't it pop up as Cleaned like Janitor?
I mean, why the difference is needed?

I dunno. flavor. Plus it wouldn't fit the role.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Damafaud » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:23 am

I like flavour, but which one will be better?

For town to know there is a Mortician?
Or for town to know there is a Mortician OR Janitor?
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:25 am

Damafaud wrote:I like flavour, but which one will be better?

For town to know there is a Mortician?
Or for town to know there is a Mortician OR Janitor?

Janitors can't clean lynches
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Damafaud » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:35 am

On a further note, I'm being stupid and short witted.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:09 am

Damafaud wrote:On a further note, I'm being stupid and short witted.

So how do you feel about the role?
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Anyone?
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jabichuelas » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:38 pm

BlazinIce wrote:Mortician Good name.
Neutral Evil


Ability:
-When someone is voted up to the stand, you may choose to bury them
-You have two buries Well, the number of lynches depends in the game... 2 buries at start would be good.

Attributes:
-Buries hide the role and will of the player who is being lynched Hmm... Interesting.
-At night, go to someone's house, if you visit someone who is killed, you will get an additional bury, and you will witness the killer I think it's good for a NE to know who is the killing role. Interesting.
-You will see the role and will of the people you bury
-If you are lynched, you will bury yourself I like it.
-Dead buried players will appear as "Buried".
-You will not lose any buries if you attempt to bury someone who gets pardoned off the stand.

Special Attributes:
N O N E

Goal:
Live to see the town's downfall

Win conditions:
Wins with Morticians
Wins with Survivors
Wins with Witches
Wins with the Mafia
Wins with Serial Killers
Wins with Arsonists
Wins with Werewolves
Wins with Vampires
Must kill the Town

Investigative results
:
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator: Your target sticks to the shadows. They could be the Lookout, Forger, or Mortician. (Amnesiac)
Consigliere:: Your target is equipped with a shovel and has experience with gravedigging. They must be a Mortician!

Messages:
"You decided to bury _."
"You didn't witness any killings at _'s house."
"You saw _ killing at _'s house! You are filled with adrenaline."
"We could not determine _'s role."


I like this role!

Additional Information:
We made up a role in the Testing Grounds, and it ended up being pretty cool!
It was this role, but unfortunately, there weren't enough players to test out it's full potential.
Hope you like it :D


And I have tested it in TG... but we need more people!
(The Testing Grounds subforum is in my signature, if you want to go there!)
Jabichuelas
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:36 am
Location: like you would ever care

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks! I was thinking Anme could be in the Witch result.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jarence23 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:06 pm

So an NE janitor that can "clean" a player when getting lynched that can get 1 more "clean" if they witness a murder? I'm 50/50 on this.
Jarence23
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 1970 2:53 pm

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:24 am

Jarence23 wrote:So an NE janitor that can "clean" a player when getting lynched that can get 1 more "clean" if they witness a murder? I'm 50/50 on this.

Okay. What should I do to make it better?
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jarence23 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:47 am

BlazinIce wrote:
Jarence23 wrote:So an NE janitor that can "clean" a player when getting lynched that can get 1 more "clean" if they witness a murder? I'm 50/50 on this.

Okay. What should I do to make it better?

Maybe make only the town doesn't know the role and will? or failed buries will use up a bury and make the starting bury 3? also its like the role "Undertaker"
Jarence23
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 1970 2:53 pm

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:37 am

Jarence23 wrote:
BlazinIce wrote:
Jarence23 wrote:So an NE janitor that can "clean" a player when getting lynched that can get 1 more "clean" if they witness a murder? I'm 50/50 on this.

Okay. What should I do to make it better?

Maybe make only the town doesn't know the role and will? I was thinking about this, and mafia and nk will see the role, not the will. or failed buries will use up a bury? I dont like that considering it only has 2 buries. also its like the role "Undertaker" kinda, but its better since it has a purpose and would actually hurt the town.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jarence23 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:43 am

BlazinIce wrote:
Jarence23 wrote:
BlazinIce wrote:
Jarence23 wrote:So an NE janitor that can "clean" a player when getting lynched that can get 1 more "clean" if they witness a murder? I'm 50/50 on this.

Okay. What should I do to make it better?

Maybe make only the town doesn't know the role and will? I was thinking about this, and mafia and nk will see the role, not the will. or failed buries will use up a bury? I dont like that considering it only has 2 buries. also its like the role "Undertaker" kinda, but its better since it has a purpose and would actually hurt the town.
How about make it 3 buries? You're right the role not with the will should be revealed to all non-townies and NBs. other than the 2 i listed this role is good to me
Last edited by Jarence23 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jarence23
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 1970 2:53 pm

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:44 am

Jarence23 wrote:
BlazinIce wrote:
Jarence23 wrote:
BlazinIce wrote:
Jarence23 wrote:So an NE janitor that can "clean" a player when getting lynched that can get 1 more "clean" if they witness a murder? I'm 50/50 on this.

Okay. What should I do to make it better?

Maybe make only the town doesn't know the role and will? I was thinking about this, and mafia and nk will see the role, not the will. or failed buries will use up a bury? I dont like that considering it only has 2 buries. also its like the role "Undertaker" kinda, but its better since it has a purpose and would actually hurt the town.
How about make it 3 buries? other than the 2 i listed this role is good to me

It doesn't matter that much I'll make a poll
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:35 am

Any other opinions?
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby sarysa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:40 am

I like it. It's pretty clever. It'll have an interesting effect on the meta as players might decide to roleplay as townie even after the decision is made.

It'll probably have the same dismal win rate as the Witch, but meh.

My suggestion is that it uses something similar to the sun icon, and it can be toggled on and off right up until the doomed sees "You have died." So if the doomed says "X is immune", you don't waste it on obvious mafia/NK.
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:44 am

sarysa wrote:I like it. It's pretty clever. It'll have an interesting effect on the meta as players might decide to roleplay as townie even after the decision is made.

It'll probably have the same dismal win rate as the Witch, but meh.

My suggestion is that it uses something similar to the sun icon, and it can be toggled on and off right up until the doomed sees "You have died." So if the doomed says "X is immune", you don't waste it on obvious mafia/NK.

But wouldnt it be good to use it on an obvious mafia member, so that only the spy knows how many mafia their are and the dead mafia could trick the mediums?
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby sarysa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:48 am

BlazinIce wrote:
sarysa wrote:I like it. It's pretty clever. It'll have an interesting effect on the meta as players might decide to roleplay as townie even after the decision is made.

It'll probably have the same dismal win rate as the Witch, but meh.

My suggestion is that it uses something similar to the sun icon, and it can be toggled on and off right up until the doomed sees "You have died." So if the doomed says "X is immune", you don't waste it on obvious mafia/NK.

But wouldnt it be good to use it on an obvious mafia member, so that only the spy knows how many mafia their are and the dead mafia could trick the mediums?


Nah. Everyone will know someone is mafia if they call out an immune before they die. Especially if they're accused of a role like Janitor or Blackmailer. Vamps usually say "bite immune" too.

It seems the point of your idea is to add confusion as to whether or not someone is town or mafia, and to suppress investigative information. Using it on a consigliere makes sense (as they could expose you or unwittingly list non-mafia) but using it on other self-admitted killers is a waste IMO.

If someone insists they're doctor even after they die, and you suppress that information, townies will doubt the lynch and possibly lynch an innocent.
Image
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:54 am

sarysa wrote:
BlazinIce wrote:
sarysa wrote:I like it. It's pretty clever. It'll have an interesting effect on the meta as players might decide to roleplay as townie even after the decision is made.

It'll probably have the same dismal win rate as the Witch, but meh.

My suggestion is that it uses something similar to the sun icon, and it can be toggled on and off right up until the doomed sees "You have died." So if the doomed says "X is immune", you don't waste it on obvious mafia/NK.

But wouldnt it be good to use it on an obvious mafia member, so that only the spy knows how many mafia their are and the dead mafia could trick the mediums?


Nah. Everyone will know someone is mafia if they call out an immune before they die. Especially if they're accused of a role like Janitor or Blackmailer. Vamps usually say "bite immune" too.

It seems the point of your idea is to add confusion as to whether or not someone is town or mafia, and to suppress investigative information. Using it on a consigliere makes sense (as they could expose you or unwittingly list non-mafia) but using it on other self-admitted killers is a waste IMO.

If someone insists they're doctor even after they die, and you suppress that information, townies will doubt the lynch and possibly lynch an innocent.

Yeah.
But, uh, it's your choice whether to bury someone. I agree, burying someone who claims doc and is lynched would cause confusion.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:46 am

Added changes to the role. Please someone reply on this.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Bump
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby DRxSKILLZx » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Great idea i rate it 8/8 m8
#REVOLT
User avatar
DRxSKILLZx
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Mortician (Neutral Evil)

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:52 am

DRxSKILLZx wrote:Great idea i rate it 8/8 m8

Thank you
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:09 am
Location: In the computer

Next

Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests