1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Old Role Ideas

Which version do you like the best

1.3 is my favourite
2
20%
1.2 seems nicer
2
20%
1.1 is better
2
20%
1.0.5 is the best
1
10%
I liked the original more
2
20%
Maybe with some changes
1
10%
 
Total votes : 10

1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:49 am

1.5 brought a balanching in the investigator results but there are still problematic results like gf/arso/bg or lo/amne/forger. Investigator results will need to be rebalanched both in order to fix such problems and include new roles that are supposed to come out with the patch. so i decided to go ahead and create a new list including some popular roles that have been suggested. Note that some of the roles may not end up in the results their creators have them in, but im working with a different list here.
Original list is kinda outdated. It is there just for comparison. I would like to keep focus on 1.0.5 and 1.1.

I didnt really take permission from any of the creators because who does that? 8-) If any creator doesnt want his role to be here just PM me and i will take it out.

THE ROLES I USED

Spoiler: UNDERTAKER
PLASTIC SURGEON
POLYMATH
DISTRIBUTOR
SABOTEUR


NOW FOR THE ACTUALL LIST
v1.3


Spoiler: escortconsortvampire hunter
your target is willing to do anything for his cause
investigatorpolymathconsiglierewitch
your target gathers information
godfatherexecutionersherifftransporter
your target is seemingly obsesed with his goal
vigilantemafiosomayorveteran
your target is trying to be something he is not
arsonistdoctorsaboteuramnesiac
your target is using new, ground breaking methods to acomplish his task
framervampireplastic surgeondisguiser
your target is cloaked in mystery
lookoutserial killerdistributorsurvivor
your target is a stalker
bodygaurdwerewolfjesterforger
your targets memory haunts people.
mediumjanitorretributonistundertaker
your target is working with dead boddies
spyblackmailerjailor
your target has acces to secret conversations

v1.2


Spoiler: godfathertransporterdoctormayor
Your target is trying to avoid a certain event
escortconsort
Your target is a manipulative beauty
lookoutwitchdistributorundertaker
Your target is fully immersed in his job
mediumjanitorforgerretributonist
Your target is interested in corpses
sheriffexecutionermafiosojester
Your target has high ambitions
framervampiredisguiserplastic surgeon
Your target is cloaked in mystery
bodygaurdveteranwerewolfarsonist
Your target is an intimidating opponent
vigilantesurvivorserial killersaboteur
Your target is carefully planing his moves
investigatorconsiglierepolymathamnesiac
Your target pays attention to the details
spyblackmailerjailorvampire hunter
Your target knows secrets

v1.1


Spoiler: godfatherdoctorvampire huntermayor
Your target has a lot to manage.
escortconsort
Your target is a manipulative beauty.
sheriffexecutioneermafiosotransporter
Your target has high ambitions.
framervampireplastic surgeon
Your targe may not be what they seem
retributonistamnesiacdisguiserjester
Your target talks to themselves.
vigilanteserial killerforgersurvivor
Your target puts a lot of thought into their actions
mediumjanitorundertakerdistributor
Your target is thinks ahead.
bodygaurdwerewolfarsonistveteran
Your targets actions cause chaos.
lookoutwitchsabotuer
Your target sticks to the shadows.
spyblackmailerjailor
Your targets listens to secret conversations.

v 1.0. 5


Spoiler: DOCTORGODFATHERVAMPIRE HUNTERJAILOR
Your target has a lot to manage
ESCORTCONSORTTRANSPORTER
Your target is a master manipulator
SPYBLACKMAILERMAYOR
your target has acces to secrets
MEDIUMJANITORUNDERTAKER
Your target is looking for the dead
FRAMERVAMPIREPLASTIC SURGEON
your target may not be what they seem
BODYGAURDWEREWOLFARSONIST
your target obliterates his foes
LOOKOUTWITCHSABOTEUR
Your target sticks to the shadows
MafiosoVETERANSHERIFFexecutioner
your target Has secrets he doesn't reveal
REtributonistDISTRIBUTORDISGUISERJESTER
Your target sometimes does outwordly actions
InvestigatorConsiglierePOLYMATHAMNESIAC
Your target can amke conclusions from even small hints
VIGILANTESERIAL KILLERFORGERSURVIVOR
Your target puts a lot of thought into his actions


original

Spoiler: doctormafiososurvivormayor
Your targets often thinks of death
escortconsorttransporter
Your target us a master manipulator
investigatorconsiglierepolymathamnesiac
Your target Can make conclusions from even the smallest hints
spy blackmailerjailor
Your target listens secret information
vigilanteserial killerforger
Your target puts a lot of thought into action
lookoutsaboteurwitch
Your target sticks to the shadows
godfathersheriffexecutioneerveteran
Your target is often stressed.
bodygaurdwerewolfarsonist
Your target obliterates his foes.
framervampireplastic surgeon
Your target may not be what they seem
mediumjanitorvampire hunterundertaker
Your target is on the lookout for the dead
retributonistdisguiserdistributorjester
Your target sometimes does outwardly actions


please note :
the godfather and mafioso roles can easily be swaped with each other if needed.
same goes for the nks for the most part at least
1.3 takes into account the games state in version 1.5.9. all the prior ones represent the gaes state in 1.5.8.
feel free to suggest both lore changes and result changes but keep in mind that the priority is the results
Last edited by randomguyhavingfun on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 15 times in total.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BPsycho2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:23 pm

I prefer you wait until orange gets done with his next list.
BUT

I appreciate that you took my advice.

Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather is there. Thank You.
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby ok98161 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:27 pm

The only problem is that you use roles that aren't confirmed to be added. If I were you I'd balance the list first, then add some user roles.
:wizard: :wizard: :starwars:

RAINBOW POWER

Well, I had to fill the space with something!
"their uncultured swine"
-Gilly25
User avatar
ok98161
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 am
Location: Lounging around on the forums.

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:38 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:I prefer you wait until orange gets done with his next list.
BUT

I appreciate that you took my advice.

Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather is there. Thank You.

Well I didn't really want to copy oranges list. once it is updated I will give it a look and get some ideas but I would rather this having some differences as oranges list will be as of 1.5 while I want this list to be as accurate to 1.6 as possible.
As for the sheriff/exe/gf result it is kinda complicated. Godfather can cLiam sheriff easily so I put them together. This list is based on a test list I made in someone else's post about investigator results and a lot of people wanted executioner to be with sheriff in contrast to my suggestion of pairing him with investigator. I didn't feel like moving gf though so I swaped veteran and survivor to avoid too much pressure on this result. Power to the people i guess.

ok98161 wrote:The only problem is that you use roles that aren't confirmed to be added. If I were you I'd balance the list first, then add some user roles.

That's what I did. Well at least to some extend. The list was created before I added new roles in another thread. I took that as a base to create this. And well few stuff are confirmed about 1.6 at this point so I said since they were gonna put new roles I would just use some popular user roles until further notice. This list should work with minor changes if I were to remove all the user roles.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:36 am

On another topic lots of people said that the investigator results are not the best and tried to fix them.
Here's where we got to, (It is not the best but I did the best I could)

Vigilante Mafioso Jester- May be a killer
Bodyguard Godfather Veteran- Faces death regularly
Lookout Survivor Arsonist- Plays the long game
Sheriff Executioner Werewolf- Is waiting to strike
Doctor Disguiser Serial Killer- Is covered in blood
Spy Blackmailor Jailor- Knows people's secrets
Investigator Consigliere Mayor- Has information to reveal
Retributionist Forger Witch- Keeps to themselves
Medium Janitor Vampire Hunter- Works with dead bodies
Escort Consort Transporter- Is skilled at disrupting others
Framer Amnesiac Vampire- May not be who they seem


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:47 pm

BS4125 wrote:On another topic lots of people said that the investigator results are not the best and tried to fix them.
Here's where we got to, (It is not the best but I did the best I could)

Vigilante Mafioso Jester- May be a killer
Bodyguard Godfather Veteran- Faces death regularly
Lookout Survivor Arsonist- Plays the long game
Sheriff Executioner Werewolf- Is waiting to strike
Doctor Disguiser Serial Killer- Is covered in blood
Spy Blackmailor Jailor- Knows people's secrets
Investigator Consigliere Mayor- Has information to reveal
Retributionist Forger Witch- Keeps to themselves
Medium Janitor Vampire Hunter- Works with dead bodies
Escort Consort Transporter- Is skilled at disrupting others
Framer Amnesiac Vampire- May not be who they seem

The doc result has too few pressure and pairing amne with framer and vampire confirms him easily. Mafioso result isn't looking bright for the mafioso as he is probably getting shot by a vig or exed and doesn't have much to claim. Lastly the forger and the witch are screwed when investigated. I like my version better, it was based of the same thread. You didn't really change anything in yours.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:01 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
BS4125 wrote:On another topic lots of people said that the investigator results are not the best and tried to fix them.
Here's where we got to, (It is not the best but I did the best I could)

Vigilante Mafioso Jester- May be a killer
Bodyguard Godfather Veteran- Faces death regularly
Lookout Survivor Arsonist- Plays the long game
Sheriff Executioner Werewolf- Is waiting to strike
Doctor Disguiser Serial Killer- Is covered in blood
Spy Blackmailor Jailor- Knows people's secrets
Investigator Consigliere Mayor- Has information to reveal
Retributionist Forger Witch- Keeps to themselves
Medium Janitor Vampire Hunter- Works with dead bodies
Escort Consort Transporter- Is skilled at disrupting others
Framer Amnesiac Vampire- May not be who they seem

The doc result has too few pressure and pairing amne with framer and vampire confirms him easily. Mafioso result isn't looking bright for the mafioso as he is probably getting shot by a vig or exed and doesn't have much to claim. Lastly the forger and the witch are screwed when investigated. I like my version better, it was based of the same thread. You didn't really change anything in yours.


I'll have a look ;)


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Yeah it's kinda tricky.
As a side a note I just added mayor. I feel so stupid for forgetting him
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm

This is my try:

Roles I used (click to be transported to the site)

Spoiler: UNDERTAKER
PLASTIC SURGEON
POLYMATH
SABOTEUR
CONFESSOR
OBSTRUCTOR
SNIPER
ELECTRICIAN


INVESTIGATOR RESULTS

Bodyguard, Godfather, Veteran: Faces death regularly
Investigator, Consigliere, Polymath, Mayor: Has information to reveal
Spy, Blackmailor, Confessor: Knows your darkest secrets
Lookout, Survivor, Arsonist: Plays the long game
Jailor, Saboteur, Obstructor: Does things against peoples' will
Vigilante, Mafioso, Jester: May be a killer
Escort, Consort, Witch, Transporter: Is skilled at disrupting others
Medium, Janitor, Vampire Hunter: Works with dead bodies
Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf: Is waiting to strike
Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer: Is covered in blood
Sniper, Forger, Amnesiac: Hides in the shadows
Retributionist, Electrician, Undertaker: Does strange things to people
Framer, Plastic Surgeon, Vampire: May not be who they seem


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather, Electrician- Your target is relentless.
Escort, Transporter, Consort- Your target is a manipulator.
Medium, Retributionist, Undertaker, Janitor.- Your target works with the dead.
Investigator, Mayor, Polymath, Consigliere.- Your target gathers information.
Spy, Confessor, [Politician], Blackmailer- Your target works with secrets.
Obstructor, Jailor,Vigilante, Saboteur- Your target works outside the law
Bodyguard, Jester, Mafioso, Arsonist.- Your target sees a light.
Lookout, Sniper, Forger, Witch.- Your target sticks to the shadows.
Doctor, Amnesiac, Disguiser, Serial Killer- Your target smells of chemicals.
Framer, Vampire, Plastic Surgeon- Your target likes tricking people.

is for the above list ^
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:07 pm

I didn't out my roles in my list. Maybe you should do the same? Anyway not a bog deal lest see your list shall we?
BS4125 wrote:This is my try:

Roles I used (click to be transported to the site)

Spoiler: UNDERTAKER
PLASTIC SURGEON
POLYMATH
SABOTEUR
CONFESSOR
OBSTRUCTOR
SNIPER
ELECTRICIAN


INVESTIGATOR RESULTS

Bodyguard, Godfather, Veteran: Faces death regularlynice result but I'm afraid it will screw up the other ones
Investigator, Consigliere, Polymath, Mayor: Has information to revealnice one
Spy, Blackmailor, Confessor: Knows your darkest secrets dont know this role so I can't answer
Lookout, Survivor, Arsonist: Plays the long gamenot bad
Jailor, Saboteur, Obstructor: Does things against peoples' willok
Vigilante, Mafioso, Jester: May be a killermafioso doesn't have the space he needs.
Escort, Consort, Witch, Transporter: Is skilled at disrupting othersR.I.P the witch
Medium, Janitor, Vampire Hunter: Works with dead bodiesi like my lore more but anyway
Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf: Is waiting to strikenot bad?
Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer: Is covered in blooddoc should have more pressure
Sniper, Forger, Amnesiac: Hides in the shadowsWAY too much pressure in here
Retributionist, Electrician, Undertaker: Does strange things to peopleelectrician can barely manage this
Framer, Plastic Surgeon, Vampire: May not be who they seemcool

Significantly improved I must say.
As for my list does anyone else think I should move amnesiac to the serial killer result? Or that I should swap mafioso and godfather?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BPsycho2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:29 pm

can you review my list.

I think it's better slightly


(No evil roles should HAVE to claim Ret)
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:34 pm

BPsycho2 wrote:Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather, Electrician- Your target is relentless.one town role and 3 evils. One of which is confirmed. I'm gonna have to say this is a bad result
Escort, Transporter, Consort- Your target is a manipulator.good one
Medium, Retributionist, Undertaker, Janitor.- Your target works with the dead.nice
Investigator, Mayor, Polymath, Consigliere.- Your target gathers information.cool
Spy, Confessor, [Politician], Blackmailer- Your target works with secrets.politician?
Obstructor, Jailor,Vigilante, Saboteur- Your target works outside the lawnot enough pressure to the vig in here.
Bodyguard, Jester, Mafioso, Arsonist.- Your target sees a light.dat lore though. Nice result overall but I think weerwolf is better fit than arsonist
Lookout, Sniper, Forger, Witch.- Your target sticks to the shadows.cool
Doctor, Amnesiac, Disguiser, Serial Killer- Your target smells of chemicals.nice result not gonna lie. But I would rather disguiser be replaced.
Framer, Vampire, Plastic Surgeon- Your target likes tricking people.awesome

is for the above list ^

There.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BPsycho2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:17 am

Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather is the perfect result. I just shoved electrician in there since it was necessary to have a spot.

Unless you want Vigilante, Electrician to be a thing.. but no Mafia role is in there
I returned and I saw the light return to my eyes.

Image
User avatar
BPsycho2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:43 am

BPsycho2 wrote:Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather is the perfect result. I just shoved electrician in there since it was necessary to have a spot.

Unless you want Vigilante, Electrician to be a thing.. but no Mafia role is in there

Sheriff executioneer godfather has quite high pressure. Shoving electrician makes it too much. I'm sure there should be a better place for electrician.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:17 am

BPsycho2 wrote:Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather, Electrician- Your target is relentless.
Too much pressure on one town role which is already hated who it is placed currently in ToS. Also if you claim Executioner Town rarely accepts it and lynches you
Escort, Transporter, Consort- Your target is a manipulator.
Same
Medium, Retributionist, Undertaker, Janitor.- Your target works with the dead.
Good result
Investigator, Mayor, Polymath, Consigliere.- Your target gathers information.
Maybe a little too much pressure on Investigator
Spy, Confessor, [Politician], Blackmailer- Your target works with secrets.
Good result
Obstructor, Jailor,Vigilante, Saboteur- Your target works outside the law
Too many town for just 1 Mafia role. Vigilante should be moved somewhere else
Bodyguard, Jester, Mafioso, Arsonist.- Your target sees a light.
This is basically the same as the BG GF and Arso result currently, too many killing roles with BG
Lookout, Sniper, Forger, Witch.- Your target sticks to the shadows.
Good result, better for Witch
Doctor, Amnesiac, Disguiser, Serial Killer- Your target smells of chemicals.
Too much pressure on Doctor as Amnesiac can be confirmed easily
Framer, Vampire, Plastic Surgeon- Your target likes tricking people.
Good result

is for the above list ^


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:13 am

BS4125 wrote:
BPsycho2 wrote:Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather, Electrician- Your target is relentless.
Too much pressure on one town role which is already hated who it is placed currently in ToS. Also if you claim Executioner Town rarely accepts it and lynches you
Escort, Transporter, Consort- Your target is a manipulator.
Same
Medium, Retributionist, Undertaker, Janitor.- Your target works with the dead.
Good result
Investigator, Mayor, Polymath, Consigliere.- Your target gathers information.
Maybe a little too much pressure on Investigator
Spy, Confessor, [Politician], Blackmailer- Your target works with secrets.
Good result
Obstructor, Jailor,Vigilante, Saboteur- Your target works outside the law
Too many town for just 1 Mafia role. Vigilante should be moved somewhere else
Bodyguard, Jester, Mafioso, Arsonist.- Your target sees a light.
This is basically the same as the BG GF and Arso result currently, too many killing roles with BG
Lookout, Sniper, Forger, Witch.- Your target sticks to the shadows.
Good result, better for Witch
Doctor, Amnesiac, Disguiser, Serial Killer- Your target smells of chemicals.
Too much pressure on Doctor as Amnesiac can be confirmed easily
Framer, Vampire, Plastic Surgeon- Your target likes tricking people.
Good result

is for the above list ^

I still don't get why the politician is in a parenthesis. Is that how it's called in English?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:02 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
BS4125 wrote:
BPsycho2 wrote:Sheriff, Executioner, Godfather, Electrician- Your target is relentless.
Too much pressure on one town role which is already hated who it is placed currently in ToS. Also if you claim Executioner Town rarely accepts it and lynches you
Escort, Transporter, Consort- Your target is a manipulator.
Same
Medium, Retributionist, Undertaker, Janitor.- Your target works with the dead.
Good result
Investigator, Mayor, Polymath, Consigliere.- Your target gathers information.
Maybe a little too much pressure on Investigator
Spy, Confessor, [Politician], Blackmailer- Your target works with secrets.
Good result
Obstructor, Jailor,Vigilante, Saboteur- Your target works outside the law
Too many town for just 1 Mafia role. Vigilante should be moved somewhere else
Bodyguard, Jester, Mafioso, Arsonist.- Your target sees a light.
This is basically the same as the BG GF and Arso result currently, too many killing roles with BG
Lookout, Sniper, Forger, Witch.- Your target sticks to the shadows.
Good result, better for Witch
Doctor, Amnesiac, Disguiser, Serial Killer- Your target smells of chemicals.
Too much pressure on Doctor as Amnesiac can be confirmed easily
Framer, Vampire, Plastic Surgeon- Your target likes tricking people.
Good result

is for the above list ^

I still don't get why the politician is in a parenthesis. Is that how it's called in English?

They are called brackets and it's to show that it could be included in the whole thing or maybe it will be taken out


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 am

Ok then. A lot if not all of the roles I included can be taken out with minor to no changes in the list. So using brackets seems pointless.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 am

experimental change: swaped the survivor and veteran. this way godfather has a second claim to explain his night immunity. i feel like both could work bt what do you guys think is best?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:42 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:1.5 brought a balanching in the investigator results but there are still problematic results like gf/arso/bg or lo/amne/forger. Investigator results will need to be rebalanched both in order to fix such problems and include new roles that are supposed to come out with the patch. so i decided to go ahead and create a new list including some popular roles that have been suggested. Note that some of the roles may not end up in the results their creators have them in, but im working with a different list here.

I didnt really take permission from any of the creators because who does that? 8-) If any creator doesnt want his role to be here just PM me and i will take it out.

THE ROLES I USED

Spoiler: UNDERTAKER
PLASTIC SURGEON
POLYMATH
DISTRIBUTOR
SABOTEUR


NOW FOR THE ACTUALL LIST

Spoiler: DOCTORMAFIOSOVETERANMAYOR
your taget often thinks of death
Has lots of claims for Mafioso but these roles can have more pressure put with them, Vigilante should be with Mafioso as its a good claim
ESCORTCONSORTTRANSPORTER
Your target is a master manipulator
Same
SPYBLACKMAILERJAILOR
your target listens to secret conversations
Same but I'd prefer if Mayor was put here instead of Jailor so Jailor isn't confirmed when he doesn't pass the spy test
MEDIUMJANITORVAMPIRE HUNTERUNDERTAKER
Your target is looking for the dead
Good result
FRAMERVAMPIREPLASTIC SURGEON
your target may not be what they seem
Buffs Framer but nerfs Vampires
BODYGAURDWEREWOLFARSONIST
your target obliterates his foes
Too much pressure on one Town, Werewolf and Arsonist are easily confirmed in the game and this is pretty much the exact same result as the worst one in the game currently
LOOKOUTWITCHSABOTEUR
Your target sticks to the shadows
Fine
GODFATHERSURVIVORSHERIFFexecutioner
your target is often stressed
Lots of pressure on Sheriff and Survivor isn't really an accepted role
REtributonistDISTRIBUTORDISGUISERJESTER
Your target sometimes does outwordly actions
Gives no claim for the Disguiser and Distributer and the Jester has nothing with it that makes him look suspicious. Ik you said it gives the Disguiser one more day to disguise but what if they are out of disguises or the Mafioso is RB'd?
InvestigatorConsiglierePOLYMATHAMNESIAC
Your target can amke conclusions from even small hints
Lots of pressure on one Town role, not good
VIGILANTESERIAL KILLERFORGER
Your target puts a lot of thought into his actions
Serial Killer has no way of explaining his Night Immunity and if there's no Vigilante in the game the Serial Killer and Forger are dead


Comments in bold


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby jadensr » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 am

I dislike the new investigation results that you created. I like the ones we were recently just given.

These are the new investigation results.

Your target is skilled at disrupting others. - Escort, Transporter, or Consort.

Your target has sensitive information to reveal. - Investigator, Mayor, or a Consigliere.

Your target is waiting for the perfect moment to strike. - Sheriff, Executioner, or a Werewolf.

Your target owns a gun. - Vigilante, Mafioso, or a Veteran.

Your target sticks to the shadows. - Lookout, Forger, or Amnesiac.

Your target knows your darkest secrets. - Spy, Blackmailer, or a Jailor.

Your target is covered in blood. - Doctor, Disguiser, or a Serial Killer.

Your target is not afraid to get their hands dirty. - Bodyguard, Godfather, or Arsonist.

Your target keeps to themselves. - Survivor, Vampire Hunter, or a Witch.

Your target might not be what they seem. - Framer, Vampire, or Jester.

You would need to incorporate these roles into these results.

Sincerely,
Jaden.
jadensr
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:59 am

jadensr wrote:I dislike the new investigation results that you created. I like the ones we were recently just given.

These are the new investigation results.

Your target is skilled at disrupting others. - Escort, Transporter, or Consort.

Your target has sensitive information to reveal. - Investigator, Mayor, or a Consigliere.

Your target is waiting for the perfect moment to strike. - Sheriff, Executioner, or a Werewolf.

Your target owns a gun. - Vigilante, Mafioso, or a Veteran.

Your target sticks to the shadows. - Lookout, Forger, or Amnesiac.

Your target knows your darkest secrets. - Spy, Blackmailer, or a Jailor.

Your target is covered in blood. - Doctor, Disguiser, or a Serial Killer.

Your target is not afraid to get their hands dirty. - Bodyguard, Godfather, or Arsonist.

Your target keeps to themselves. - Survivor, Vampire Hunter, or a Witch.

Your target might not be what they seem. - Framer, Vampire, or Jester.

You would need to incorporate these roles into these results.

Sincerely,
Jaden.

I know what the current investigative results look like. There are many flaws into them though. Then again everyone has an opinion.

@BS4125
Well Doctor is a better claim than vigilante. And vigilante is a good claim for other roles. And I think a confirmed Mafia puts a lot of pressure on these roles

I might change jailor from there. Then again I think confirming the mayor is worse than confirming the jailor.

Vamps are nerfed yeah but in the modes they do show up they are quite powerfull since they can now kill Mafia and convert others so I don't think they will mind too much. And we all know framer is weak.

You won't see werewolf and arsonist in one game really. ( unless you are playing all any which is meant to be crazy or custom which can't be helped ) so it is much better since there is now no confirmed scum with bg. He is paired with two guys that may not even be there. But if they are there it is just one of them. So I definetly think this is much more favorable for the bg.

Well I thought putting survivor in the would help the gf with his night immunity. Should I get the veteran back?

This result helps the jester a lot as it puts him with scummy roles and an impossible claim which he can use to his advantage. Disguiser is gonna get buffed or removed and if he is buffed he will be very hard to track down. It is natural he should have some weakness. If the investigators keeps finding you then I am surprised. 3 uses isn't too little you know. And the distributor. I mean he doesn't really fit somewhere. I could move him to the lookout but I think that is a lot of pressure.

Serial killer has no way to explain his night immunity but then again he doesn't really have one now either. He can pull a vig claim very decently. And yeah if there is no vigilante in the game they are dead but vig does show up frequently enough to cover them. This is one of the results I don't like that much though.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby BS4125 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:09 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
jadensr wrote:I dislike the new investigation results that you created. I like the ones we were recently just given.

These are the new investigation results.

Your target is skilled at disrupting others. - Escort, Transporter, or Consort.

Your target has sensitive information to reveal. - Investigator, Mayor, or a Consigliere.

Your target is waiting for the perfect moment to strike. - Sheriff, Executioner, or a Werewolf.

Your target owns a gun. - Vigilante, Mafioso, or a Veteran.

Your target sticks to the shadows. - Lookout, Forger, or Amnesiac.

Your target knows your darkest secrets. - Spy, Blackmailer, or a Jailor.

Your target is covered in blood. - Doctor, Disguiser, or a Serial Killer.

Your target is not afraid to get their hands dirty. - Bodyguard, Godfather, or Arsonist.

Your target keeps to themselves. - Survivor, Vampire Hunter, or a Witch.

Your target might not be what they seem. - Framer, Vampire, or Jester.

You would need to incorporate these roles into these results.

Sincerely,
Jaden.

I know what the current investigative results look like. There are many flaws into them though. Then again everyone has an opinion.

@BS4125
Well Doctor is a better claim than vigilante. And vigilante is a good claim for other roles. And I think a confirmed Mafia puts a lot of pressure on these roles

I might change jailor from there. Then again I think confirming the mayor is worse than confirming the jailor.

Vamps are nerfed yeah but in the modes they do show up they are quite powerfull since they can now kill Mafia and convert others so I don't think they will mind too much. And we all know framer is weak.

You won't see werewolf and arsonist in one game really. ( unless you are playing all any which is meant to be crazy or custom which can't be helped ) so it is much better since there is now no confirmed scum with bg. He is paired with two guys that may not even be there. But if they are there it is just one of them. So I definetly think this is much more favorable for the bg.

Well I thought putting survivor in the would help the gf with his night immunity. Should I get the veteran back?

This result helps the jester a lot as it puts him with scummy roles and an impossible claim which he can use to his advantage. Disguiser is gonna get buffed or removed and if he is buffed he will be very hard to track down. It is natural he should have some weakness. If the investigators keeps finding you then I am surprised. 3 uses isn't too little you know. And the distributor. I mean he doesn't really fit somewhere. I could move him to the lookout but I think that is a lot of pressure.

Serial killer has no way to explain his night immunity but then again he doesn't really have one now either. He can pull a vig claim very decently. And yeah if there is no vigilante in the game they are dead but vig does show up frequently enough to cover them. This is one of the results I don't like that much though.

Ok this is what you need to be partnered with Night Immune roles:

There are 4 evil roles in the the game that have Night Immunity: Serial Killer Godfather Werewolf and Arsonist

There are also 4 good/nuisance roles that can protect themselves at night: Bodyguard Doctor Executioner and Survivor

One evil should be partnered with one town/nuisance role above because then evils can explain their Night Immunity which is a big problem


Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.


Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
User avatar
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Nextdoor to my neighbour

Re: 1.6 investigator results with possible new roles

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:27 am

Ok I have made some changes. What do you think now?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 am
Location: ELO HELL

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests