The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Old Role Ideas

Thoughts about my new role.

I like it.
4
31%
I dislike it.
1
8%
I hate it.
1
8%
Neutral.
2
15%
Needs tweaking.
5
38%
 
Total votes : 13

The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby SuperKirbyStar » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:57 pm

The Shade

Name:Shade

Unique:yes

Alignment:Neutral (Evil)

Abilities:Possess someone to keep living.

Attributes:When you die you will appear as being cleaned.
You may start to possess someone after you die.
You must possess somebody else in order to keep living.
You can't possess a person two times in a row.
If you don't possess anyone, then you and the victim will die.
If you get attacked you and your victim will die.
You can access your target's last will.
When possess someone you will be able to speak and vote.
You will appear dead as of Day 2(it will say you were killed by a member of the mafia).

Special Attributes:none

Goal:Live until the end of the game to see the town lose.

Wins with:
Mafia
Survivors
Witches
Serial Killers
Werewoolfs
Arsonists
Vampires

Investigative Results:

Sheriff-your target is Shade!
Investigator-Lookout, Forger, Witch - Your target sticks to the shadows.
Consigliere-your target enjoys playing with people.They must be a Shade!

Additional Information:
I thought this would be a cool and a balanced role to add. :D

Flavour Text:
"You have successfully possesed your target!"

Lore:WIP

Achievements:

Shade-Win your first game as a Shade-5 TP
The Possesor-Win five games as a Shade-5 TP
The Poltergeist-Win ten games as a Shade-10 TP
The Demon-Win 25 games as a Shade-25 TP
Success!-Successfully possess someone-10 TP
Last edited by SuperKirbyStar on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
My roles:(check out my profile too)

The Pathologist
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... f=27&t=462(there are more roles, i'm just tired of adding them here)


My Favourite:
The Shade
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47249
User avatar
SuperKirbyStar
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby mihail66 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Obviously when you possess someone you control him but who is the "victim" which dies if you dont choose anybody.
User avatar
mihail66
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:09 am
Location: Cmon guess it

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby Skulomania » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 pm

SuperKirbyStar wrote:Abilities:Possess someone to keep living.

Attributes:When you die you will appear as being cleaned.
You may start to possess someone after you die.
You must possess somebody else in order to keep living.
You can't possess a person two times in a row.
If you don't possess anyone, then you and the victim will die.
If you get attacked you and your victim will die.
You can access your target's last will.


You may want to add more information on what exactly the role does.

How do you posses someone and what happens when you posses them?
Do you posses only one person after death or do you posses someone each night after death? Or do you posses someone before death? I am unsure.
Are you alive or dead most of the game i have no idea.
What do you mean you and your victim will die if you get attacked. Who is the victim and when are you getting attacked?
Also you say that the role must posses to keep living but can only posses after you die?

Maybe i missed something reading your role, but i am uncertain of what exactly this role is and its function.

You may want to summarize in a few full sentences to explain the role's purpose and function, and then use bullet points to outline the role's specific functions. And maybe expand on the Abilities.
User avatar
Skulomania
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:55 am

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby Damafaud » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:56 am

The ability sounds more like a goal. This can be good, but a better explanation is needed.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Image
User avatar
Damafaud
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby ReEvolve » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:45 pm

This is a good role however maybe the invest results could be more balanced? They should probably have a town role in there to balance things out. Maybe Your target likes to take control. They could be a Witch, Shade or Mayor! might be more balanced? Not sure though. This might be too similair to the current Mayor invest result. Anyway, great role! Support :)
look who came crawling back
ReEvolve
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:03 am
Location: Salem

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby SuperKirbyStar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:51 pm

ReEvolve wrote:This is a good role however maybe the invest results could be more balanced? They should probably have a town role in there to balance things out. Maybe Your target likes to take control. They could be a Witch, Shade or Mayor! might be more balanced? Not sure though. This might be too similair to the current Mayor invest result. Anyway, great role! Support :)

Thanks i will change it.And also sorry for not being so much active, being very busy.
My roles:(check out my profile too)

The Pathologist
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... f=27&t=462(there are more roles, i'm just tired of adding them here)


My Favourite:
The Shade
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47249
User avatar
SuperKirbyStar
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby SuperKirbyStar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Skulomania wrote:
SuperKirbyStar wrote:Abilities:Possess someone to keep living.

Attributes:When you die you will appear as being cleaned.
You may start to possess someone after you die.
You must possess somebody else in order to keep living.
You can't possess a person two times in a row.
If you don't possess anyone, then you and the victim will die.
If you get attacked you and your victim will die.
You can access your target's last will.


You may want to add more information on what exactly the role does.

How do you posses someone and what happens when you posses them? You will control them, i mean by that you will be able to speak and vote as them.
Do you posses only one person after death or do you posses someone each night after death? Or do you posses someone before death? I am unsure. You can only possess someone the next night after you die.
Are you alive or dead most of the game i have no idea. You're alive most of the game because you possess somebody each night!
What do you mean you and your victim will die if you get attacked. Who is the victim and when are you getting attacked? I meant that if you're attacked by somebody you die as well as your controlled victim.
Also you say that the role must posses to keep living but can only posses after you die? You will actually appear as being dead by Day 2(you can read it in attributes)

Maybe i missed something reading your role, but i am uncertain of what exactly this role is and its function.

You may want to summarize in a few full sentences to explain the role's purpose and function, and then use bullet points to outline the role's specific functions. And maybe expand on the Abilities.
My roles:(check out my profile too)

The Pathologist
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... f=27&t=462(there are more roles, i'm just tired of adding them here)


My Favourite:
The Shade
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47249
User avatar
SuperKirbyStar
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby Cenas4life » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Meh, this role sounds some what interesting but im not sure how well it could actually work in the game.
Sign up to play my fourm game: Appease Me.
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
User avatar
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Browsing the Town of Salem fourms

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:36 pm

SuperKirbyStar wrote:
ReEvolve wrote:This is a good role however maybe the invest results could be more balanced? They should probably have a town role in there to balance things out. Maybe Your target likes to take control. They could be a Witch, Shade or Mayor! might be more balanced? Not sure though. This might be too similair to the current Mayor invest result. Anyway, great role! Support :)

Thanks i will change it.And also sorry for not being so much active, being very busy.

That's a terrible idea. Witch and Shade are autoconfirmed as scum.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby SuperKirbyStar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:12 am

Kirize12 wrote:
SuperKirbyStar wrote:
ReEvolve wrote:This is a good role however maybe the invest results could be more balanced? They should probably have a town role in there to balance things out. Maybe Your target likes to take control. They could be a Witch, Shade or Mayor! might be more balanced? Not sure though. This might be too similair to the current Mayor invest result. Anyway, great role! Support :)

Thanks i will change it.And also sorry for not being so much active, being very busy.

That's a terrible idea. Witch and Shade are autoconfirmed as scum.

Ok so i changed the invest results, what do you think ?
My roles:(check out my profile too)

The Pathologist
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... f=27&t=462(there are more roles, i'm just tired of adding them here)


My Favourite:
The Shade
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47249
User avatar
SuperKirbyStar
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby Cenas4life » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Those Invest results are definitely better
Sign up to play my fourm game: Appease Me.
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
User avatar
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Browsing the Town of Salem fourms

Re: The Shade (Neutral Evil)

Postby SuperKirbyStar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:06 am

Cenas4life wrote:Those Invest results are definitely better

Thanks !
My roles:(check out my profile too)

The Pathologist
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... f=27&t=462(there are more roles, i'm just tired of adding them here)


My Favourite:
The Shade
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47249
User avatar
SuperKirbyStar
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:04 pm


Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest