Politician (Neutral Evil)

Old Role Ideas

Vote if you think this should be added to the game

Yes
165
83%
Yes
35
18%
 
Total votes : 200

Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:18 am

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE CARD GAME POLITICIAN! THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ROLE.

Thank you guys so much for your continued contributions to this role and I hope it pays off! Please report to the petition above if you feel this role should be added to Town of Salem.
But without further ado, here is the role!:
----------------------------------------------
Role Name: Politician

Role Alignment: Neutral Evil

Summary: A corrupt politician working their way to becoming the next mayor of the town.

Attributes: The select player can't vote that day, and you have complete control over their voting.
You can choose to use their vote or not.
You can not bribe a revealed Mayor.
You are able to read whispers.

Abilities: Bribe one player each night to commandeer their vote during the day.

Goal: Survive to see the Town lose the game.

Wins with: Everyone except Town

Special Attributes: Conversion Immune.
Unique
You have one automatic vesting system that can only be pierced by the Vigilante.
The bribing will not go through if your target is jailed.
If forced to bribe yourself you will get two votes when this happens the LeftBox will announce you voting, but the RightBox will make the amount of votes needed to lynch that player decreases by one.
The person you bribed will be notified that you bribed them.

Investigative Results: Investigator: Your target knows your darkest secrets, they must be a Blackmailer, Spy, Jailor, or Politician.
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious
Consigliere: Your target wants to become the mayor, they must be a Politician!

Achievements:
Spoiler: Beginner's luck: Win one game as Politician.
Better than most: Win five games as Politician.
The real deal: Win ten games as Politician.
Presidential Nominee: Win twenty-five games as Politician.
The new Don: Win with Mafia.
No town left to lead: Win with a Neutral Killing role.
Let's just go home: Win with ONLY a Survivor, or another NE.
Pointless: Win by yourself.
Remember to vote: Win alone WITH an Amnesiac who forgot to remember a role.
NOPE: Bribe a Mayor to have him reveal and steal his vote back from you.
It's a bloody business: Bribe a Vampire.
Republican: Bribe a Godfather.
Double Trouble: Bribe yourself.
That's my job: Bribe an Executioner or Framer.
Honest Abe: Don't bribe anyone and win.
Cold War: Bribe a dead person [killed by nontown].
Success: Bribe a Town member that is lynched/killed by town sometime after the bribe.
Last edited by Mace8937 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 62 times in total.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby caralyn13 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:24 pm

What would be the point of a briber if they win with everyone?
Also could you specify how they would control someones vote?
caralyn13
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jason13th » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:25 pm

It should be a Mafia member, not Neutral Evil.
Image
User avatar
Jason13th
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:28 pm

caralyn13 wrote:What would be the point of a briber if they win with everyone?
Also could you specify how they would control someones vote?


1. What would you want it to win with?
2. It makes the target unable to press the "vote" button, and a second button would show up beside the original vote button on your screen.

Jason13th wrote:It should be a Mafia member, not Neutral Evil.


can you give me some reasoning to why it should be Mafia?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jason13th » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Mace8937 wrote:can you give me some reasoning to why it should be Mafia?


Why would it win with everyone else if it is Neutral Evil. It should be a Mafia member because it can prevent a Town member from voting.
Image
User avatar
Jason13th
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Jason13th wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:can you give me some reasoning to why it should be Mafia?


Why would it win with everyone else if it is Neutral Evil. It should be a Mafia member because it can prevent a Town member from voting.


Ok, I will implement those changes, but what alignment of Mafia?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jason13th » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Mace8937 wrote:
Jason13th wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:can you give me some reasoning to why it should be Mafia?


Why would it win with everyone else if it is Neutral Evil. It should be a Mafia member because it can prevent a Town member from voting.


Ok, I will implement those changes, but what alignment of Mafia?


Mafia Support.
Image
User avatar
Jason13th
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:58 pm

It was perfectly fine as Neutral Evil.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Kirize12 wrote:It was perfectly fine as Neutral Evil.


Then I will change it back :roll:
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Jason13th » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Mace8937 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:It was perfectly fine as Neutral Evil.


Then I will change it back :roll:


Mafia Support is better.
Image
User avatar
Jason13th
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Jason13th wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:It was perfectly fine as Neutral Evil.


Then I will change it back :roll:


Mafia Support is better.


Can you please give me details to why Mafia Support is better?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Jason13th wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:It was perfectly fine as Neutral Evil.


Then I will change it back :roll:


Mafia Support is better.

No, it's not. Vote thieves are extremely powerful, too powerful to have confirmed allies.

Also, give this passive immunity for a first attack. And maybe change the name.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Kirize12 wrote:And maybe change the name.


What name would you propose it be changed to?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Mace8937 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:And maybe change the name.


What name would you propose it be changed to?

Banker? Politician? Lobbyist? Governor? Ventriloquist?
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8950
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Briber (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:And maybe change the name.


What name would you propose it be changed to?

Banker? Politician? Lobbyist? Governor? Ventriloquist?


Ok, I will set up a poll for the name.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Foremanski » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:50 am

so what happens if you commandeer a revealed mayor's vote? Would you take all three votes? would you take one?

If you take all three, then an achievement could be:

"Vote Heist" - Take the mayor's vote (15g)
Foremanski
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby MaccaMania » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 am

I have always liked the idea of a reverse Blackmailer.

I agree that it should be kept in Neutral Evil though, as Mafia Support would make the Mafia too powerful, the same way the Witch would.

I also think it should have the same goal as the Witch "Survive to see the Town lose the game."
Sometimes it's nice to just watch the world BURN.

Forum Mafia Record: 8 - 10 - 0
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
MaccaMania
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in Australia

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:31 pm

MaccaMania wrote:I also think it should have the same goal as the Witch "Survive to see the Town lose the game."


Ok, I will implement this changes
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:32 pm

I only bumped this so people would stop posting roles EXACTLY like it.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby RetralMega » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:44 pm

A role that changes another player's votes would fuck up the Trials system more than Disguising did for the longest time. We'd have no way to tell if the player voted for the revealed Mayor on their own, or was forced to. People could gamethrow with this role in play simply because we wouldn't know and have to either skip it or vote Innocent.
User avatar
RetralMega
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 6028
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am
Location: Smallville, Kansas

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:55 pm

RetralMega wrote:A role that changes another player's votes would fuck up the Trials system more than Disguising did for the longest time. We'd have no way to tell if the player voted for the revealed Mayor on their own, or was forced to.

That's the whole point :/

RetralMega wrote:People could gamethrow with this role in play simply because we wouldn't know and have to either skip it or vote Innocent.

well before people could report them smart people would probably realize if there was a NE role available, then they could be gamethrowing, or being controlled by a Politician. They wouldn't know for sure and hopefully would be smart enough to wait till the end of the game to see if there was a Politician or not.
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby RetralMega » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Mace8937 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:A role that changes another player's votes would fuck up the Trials system more than Disguising did for the longest time. We'd have no way to tell if the player voted for the revealed Mayor on their own, or was forced to.

That's the whole point :/

RetralMega wrote:People could gamethrow with this role in play simply because we wouldn't know and have to either skip it or vote Innocent.

well before people could report them smart people would probably realize if there was a NE role available, then they could be gamethrowing, or being controlled by a Politician. They wouldn't know for sure and hopefully would be smart enough to wait till the end of the game to see if there was a Politician or not.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm guessing you've never done Trials, so you wouldn't understand.
User avatar
RetralMega
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 6028
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am
Location: Smallville, Kansas

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:08 pm

RetralMega wrote:That's not what I'm saying. I'm guessing you've never done Trials, so you wouldn't understand.


Yes, I've never done a "trial". Can you tell me what it is?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby RetralMega » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Mace8937 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:That's not what I'm saying. I'm guessing you've never done Trials, so you wouldn't understand.


Yes, I've never done a "trial". Can you tell me what it is?

Actually, I can't. Not allowed to talk about it. First rule of fight club, you know?
User avatar
RetralMega
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 6028
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am
Location: Smallville, Kansas

Re: Politician (Neutral Evil)

Postby Mace8937 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 pm

RetralMega wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:That's not what I'm saying. I'm guessing you've never done Trials, so you wouldn't understand.


Yes, I've never done a "trial". Can you tell me what it is?

Actually, I can't. Not allowed to talk about it. First rule of fight club, you know?


The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club
The second rule of Fight Club is: You DO NOT Talk About Fight Club
xD

And I guess you have your own reasons for not liking this role in some aspects, and I respect that.
Any way I could modify it?
I think its time for a fucking Crusade

"Anyone can deal with Victory, only the mighty can bear defeat" ~ Adolf Hitler
User avatar
Mace8937
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Why do you care

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest