Vampire/Vampire Hunter Complete Overhaul Discussion

Old Role Ideas

Which Vampire/Vampire Hunter change is the best? One vote per role.

Remove Vampire entirely.
6
10%
Change Vampire to murat1996's Shadowalker.
8
13%
Change Vampire to orangeandblack5's idea.
6
10%
Change Vampire to Kiyosen's idea.
2
3%
Change Vampire to Kirize12's idea.
4
7%
Change Vampire to kookeekwisp's idea.
1
2%
Change Vampire to Mroz4k's idea.
8
13%
Remove Vampire Hunter entirely.
12
20%
Change Vampire Hunter to Kiyosen's Hunter.
2
3%
Change Vampire Hunter to orangeandblack5's idea.
5
8%
Change Vampire Hunter to Kirize12's idea.
0
No votes
Change Vampire Hunter to kookeekwisp's idea.
0
No votes
Change Vampire Hunter to Mroz4k's idea.
7
11%
 
Total votes : 61

Vampire/Vampire Hunter Complete Overhaul Discussion

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:15 pm

EDIT: OUTDATED SUGGESTIONS, BROWSE AT YOUR OWN RISK

As Vampire and Vampire Hunter are now, they are broken roles that need to be fixed. In fact, BMG is aware of this and has been collecting data before they eventually patch them. The purpose of this thread is to discuss different possible changes to Vampires and Vampire Hunters. This will not include buffs/nerfs to Vampires or Vampire Hunters as they are, unless they change the entire concept through a buff/nerf. However, there are a few ground rules for this thread that must be followed:

THE RULES:
Spoiler:
  • No posting your own Vampire or Vampire Hunter ideas here. Make your own thread.
  • If you want me to add your Vampire or Vampire Hunter change to this thread, do not post it here. PM the link to me.
  • Any discussion on any one person's particular Vampire/Vampire Hunter changes should be done in their own thread.
  • All points made must have valid reasoning behind them. You don't have to agree with me, but you have to back up your points.
  • No buffs/nerfs to the current Vampire and Vampire Hunter roles will be discussed here unless they also change the core concept.
  • No advertising, spamming, trolling, or insults. Period.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN A REPORT, REMOVAL OF YOUR POST, AND BLACKLISTING OF YOUR VAMPIRE/VAMPIRE HUNTER IDEA.


Now, with that out of the way, here's a list of all of the Vampire and Vampire Hunter changes I am aware of:

Now which of these ideas do you like best? Are they all good? All bad? Could you combine two of them for a perfect combo? Let the discussion begin!
Last edited by orangeandblack5 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby Kiyosen » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Gonna get the ball rolling here. Wherever it lands is not up to me.

Vampire/VH was a Kickstarter promise after all so bluntly going back on their promise would give BMG a bad reputation from a business standpoint. So I disagree completely with the option to remove them.



(Credits to anklebits for the TG sig)
This is how I feel when I get Survivor or Amnesiac:
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
Kiyosen
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Wandering in the realm of the "afterlife" (UTC -5)

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:50 pm

I agree with that for the same reason.

However, as they are they only wreck the game's balance. I would like to suggest a way to fix this, while keeping their Kickstarter promises and allowing for future Neutral Killing roles:

Make a new game mode in the Chaos section called "Chaotic Custom". Make it so that Chaos roles can only spawn in Chaos game modes. Problem solved.

Granted, I'd personally prefer going with Kiyosen's Vamp/Hunter, but this could also work.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby kookeekwisp » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm sorry, but what does the Shadowalker have to do with changes to the vampire? and where is it, because i cant find it.

Anyway, you might want to take a look at my Vampire/VH idea.
Last edited by kookeekwisp on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
User avatar
kookeekwisp
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby murat1996 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:05 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:I'm sorry, but what does the Shadowalker have to do with changes to the vampire? and where is it, because i cant find it.

Anyway, you might want to take a look at my Vampire/VH idea.



Well if you want see the Shadowalker, click on the link that's there in the OP.

Otherwise, I am up for Kiyosen's version of the VH, it should be considered at least.
My FM Record: 26-28-2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19iy ... p=drivesdk

Hosted: VFM13
TG EP 4 - Psychic - Won
TG Ep 5 - Veteran - Won
User avatar
murat1996
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York (UTC -5)

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:17 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:I'm sorry, but what does the Shadowalker have to do with changes to the vampire? and where is it, because i cant find it.

Anyway, you might want to take a look at my Vampire/VH idea.

The shadowalker would make a fine replacement for the Vampire.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby Kirize12 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:28 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:I'm sorry, but what does the Shadowalker have to do with changes to the vampire? and where is it, because i cant find it.

Anyway, you might want to take a look at my Vampire/VH idea.


orangeandblack5 wrote:If you want me to add your Vampire or Vampire Hunter change to this thread, do not post it here. PM the link to me.


You had a singular job.
If you have a problem with me or anything I do, tell me about it instead of ring passive aggressive. I consider most people here my friends and I'd rather not live in darkness, but try to resolve the situation. I can't hear what you don't say.

#SaveTheMayor

Get converted today! Who needs crosses or stars? We have cats!
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8928
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:03 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:The shadowalker would make a fine replacement for the Vampire.

It's not my fault that im too lazy to open a spoiler!

...

...
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
User avatar
kookeekwisp
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby DeathBell » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:09 am

Out of these 4, Kirize has the best vampire followed by orange but all 3 suggested vampire hunters are way too strong in their capability and some changes are needed. Murats role is simply not a vampire role or a conversion role so can't really see why it is here. Not against the role itself but it has nothing to do with this.

In my opinion the VH has the most need of a complete overhaul of these two simply because it's a completely uncreative concept as most counter roles are(framer included). Don't make it reliant on vampires to exist and don't change it to another role when they aren't active as BMG did.

Vampire can keep it's strength in number concept and that fine however when they get so limited in conversion and even have straight counters against them they become the bmg vampire. Do something that lets vampires do more disruptive work when their numbers are increasing but not to the point of OP.
You can always pm me if you want me to comment your role idea
Favorite roles: Witch,Veteran,Transporter and Consort/Escort
Boring roles: Any direct killing roles

User avatar
DeathBell
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Honestly, I disagree with that sentiment entirely. Vampires as a conversion role need to change, because conversion roles are swingy and inherently imbalanced. Kirize's is more powerful than the current Vampire, yes, but I honestly like his the least because it is still a conversion role. Mine is the second worse for the same reason, but I have a much lower cap, making it slightly less of a problem.

And that is exactly why Murat's Shadowalker and Kiyosdn's Vampire are better. They aren't conversion roles at all. They would both be far more balanced than the current Vampire is because they don't actually convert people, which is pretty much needed.

Long story short: keeping the "strength in numbers" concept is bad, not fine. There's no real midpoint between UP and OP for conversion roles. Either they require luck (which is a bad role design) or they win almost automatically (which is worse role design).

Either way, they need to be changed.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:33 pm

murat1996 wrote:Well if you want see the Shadowalker, click on the link that's there in the OP.

You didn't answer my question. (also, me clicking the link is the only way i could have known it was the Shadowalker)

What i meant to say is: Why is the Shadowalker in the Vampire ideas thread?
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
User avatar
kookeekwisp
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby murat1996 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:42 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:
murat1996 wrote:Well if you want see the Shadowalker, click on the link that's there in the OP.

You didn't answer my question. (also, me clicking the link is the only way i could have known it was the Shadowalker)

What i meant to say is: Why is the Shadowalker in the Vampire ideas thread?


Orange had that idea even before they were officially released. Although it's only because he doesn't want the Vampire to be a conversion role and believed my Shadowalker would be a good fit for the Vampire.
My FM Record: 26-28-2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19iy ... p=drivesdk

Hosted: VFM13
TG EP 4 - Psychic - Won
TG Ep 5 - Veteran - Won
User avatar
murat1996
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: Brooklyn, New York (UTC -5)

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby DeathBell » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:07 pm

We can't ignore the wishes of the kickstarter donations who wanted a conversion role and a counter to it. That would only put BMG in a bad position and people would question their loyalty to their community entirely. This is why we can't just remove either of the roles or replace them with completely different roles aka shadowalker. Kiyosens suggestion is probably the worst one as it adds nothing and do nothing to cause any sort of chaos which is what people want from a neutral role and especially a Neutral Killing. Lets not ignore the fact that it lets people have a second chance of winning without any sort of consequence and it gives a chance for rival factions to win together which completely eliminates a core part of the game. I get it, you hate losing your role to a conversion because it makes the game less fun and a lot harder but leting the converted keep both their roles and their goal aint going to work.

Every single role in the game requires luck and a strength in number concept doesn't increase that luck or make it an auto win unless you make it ridiculous. It's very easy to avoid any overbuffing of a conversion role if you pay attention to action and consequences. Increased power after a certain number with a weak start or Decreased power after a certain number with a stronger start is the best way if we want the vampire to become a lategame role like the other Neutral killing. There are plenty of ways to get creative ideas around that concept and keep it balanced if people do action and consequence.
You can always pm me if you want me to comment your role idea
Favorite roles: Witch,Veteran,Transporter and Consort/Escort
Boring roles: Any direct killing roles

User avatar
DeathBell
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby Kiyosen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:11 pm

DeathBell wrote:We can't ignore the wishes of the kickstarter donations who wanted a conversion role and a counter to it. That would only put BMG in a bad position and people would question their loyalty to their community entirely. This is why we can't just remove either of the roles or replace them with completely different roles aka shadowalker.
Agree with you here completely. Good thing the word "conversion" and "counter" can be interpreted differently.

Kiyosens suggestion is probably the worst one as it adds nothing and do nothing to cause any sort of chaos which is what people want from a neutral role and especially a Neutral Killing. Lets not ignore the fact that it lets people have a second chance of winning without any sort of consequence and it gives a chance for rival factions to win together which completely eliminates a core part of the game. I get it, you hate losing your role to a conversion because it makes the game less fun and a lot harder but leting the converted keep both their roles and their goal aint going to work.
Okay, the word "nothing" is a pretty strong word there. Gonna give a summary here on what my Vampire rework is. The role is basically an Arsonist that "douses" its targets and must "douse" everyone who opposes them(Town, Mafia, and other NK roles) in order to win. If it dies, everyone who was "doused" dies the next day. Has a very weak early game but a strong late game since as the game progresses, more people are "converted" and the town can potentially have a choice to keep the Vampire alive in order to prevent deaths or killing it in the risk of losing majority. But anything that hard-counters the current Arsonist also hard-counter my Vampire anyway. Idea is also only considered if Arsonists get silent douses. I'm not really sure if you got that part. Now the part that I 100% know you didn't understand and that I have to keep repeating is that ONLY the Vampire and those who meet their conditions when the game ends. So that's only Vampire, Survivor, Witch, Executioners who lynched their target, and lynched Jesters. Therefore, the red underlined part is false. Last sentence might also be false as well.

Every single role in the game requires luck and a strength in number concept doesn't increase that luck or make it an auto win unless you make it ridiculous. It's very easy to avoid any overbuffing of a conversion role if you pay attention to action and consequences. Increased power after a certain number with a weak start or Decreased power after a certain number with a stronger start is the best way if we want the vampire to become a lategame role like the other Neutral killing. There are plenty of ways to get creative ideas around that concept and keep it balanced if people do action and consequence.
I perceive the "strength in numbers concept" as an informed minority, which that itself is fine since Mafia games involve a faction with an informed minority. The terms "Mafia" and "Cult" are two different things so they're viewed differently. A "Mafia", like the Mafia faction we have now, is fine depending on how you balance the roles in its faction. A "Cult", like the current Vampire, is not as you get ethical controversy over the win conditions of the converted, play2win mentalities leading people to gamethrowing, etc. I'm also surprised that you're using luck as a focus here. Also need clarification on "action and consequences" because I feel that I may be interpreting it differently.

Responses in blue... :/

EDIT: I think Orange helped me find what I was missing. Thanks.
Last edited by Kiyosen on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.



(Credits to anklebits for the TG sig)
This is how I feel when I get Survivor or Amnesiac:
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
Kiyosen
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Wandering in the realm of the "afterlife" (UTC -5)

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Clarification:

Current Vampires are not a Cultafia, just a Cult. Cultafias give their members night actions as well as conversions. This is a terrible idea and the singular most overpowered, broken thing you could add to any Mafia-stlye game.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby Kiyosen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Right, thanks for the clarification. I think I got a bit carried away. Will edit now.



(Credits to anklebits for the TG sig)
This is how I feel when I get Survivor or Amnesiac:
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
Kiyosen
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Wandering in the realm of the "afterlife" (UTC -5)

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:29 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:Clarification:

Current Vampires are not a Cultafia, just a Cult. Cultafias give their members night actions as well as conversions. This is a terrible idea and the singular most overpowered, broken thing you could add to any Mafia-stlye game.

You're forgetting one thing:
This game is based on 12th century Salem mythology!
Vampires are simply taking the place of the "Cultafia" or "Cultist", because every mafia game has to have a cult role. Honestly, if anything has to happen to vampire, balance would be the very best thing to do.

and my idea hasn't been added yet ;(
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
User avatar
kookeekwisp
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:34 pm

kookeekwisp wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:Clarification:

Current Vampires are not a Cultafia, just a Cult. Cultafias give their members night actions as well as conversions. This is a terrible idea and the singular most overpowered, broken thing you could add to any Mafia-stlye game.

You're forgetting one thing:
This game is based on 12th century Salem mythology!
Vampires are simply taking the place of the "Cultafia" or "Cultist", because every mafia game has to have a cult role. Honestly, if anything has to happen to vampire, balance would be the very best thing to do.

Every Mafia game does NOT need a conversion role. What gives you that idea?

kookeekwisp wrote:and my idea hasn't been added yet ;(

Failure to follow the rules got you blacklisted.

Sorry, but they're right there, and making exceptions means I need to make more.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:36 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:and my idea hasn't been added yet ;(

Failure to follow the rules got you blacklisted.

Sorry, but they're right there, and making exceptions means I need to make more.

I could report you for being biased towards other people.

I REALLY TRY TO BALANCE THESE ROLES!!!

You're just being rude now :/
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
User avatar
kookeekwisp
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Or I could report you for breaking the clearly-labeled rules.

But I didn't. I let your post stay up, and will continue to do so.

However, this isn't any sort of personal bias. I personally dislike Kirize's Vampire suggestion, but when he PM'd it to me I added it to the list and the poll.

Take this as a life lesson to read and follow the rules before you hurt yourself.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby Kiyosen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:45 pm

I'm sorry that I PM'd mine to Orange when he said to me that he would make this topic(via Skype)? Also Orange, can you put in the OP that Murat's "Vampire idea" is Shadowalker so that others won't be confused? Because I'll admit that I felt the same when I clicked his link(and then I realized what you said about it being a good Vampire replacement).



(Credits to anklebits for the TG sig)
This is how I feel when I get Survivor or Amnesiac:
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
Kiyosen
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Wandering in the realm of the "afterlife" (UTC -5)

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Will do.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby Nellyfox » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Uh, seriously? You don't really make the rules around here.

Also, this thread serves very little purpose. All you're doing is advertising threads, because your "rules" prohibit pretty much any other discussion. Although, mods don't have to enforce your own personal rules. :\

Now unless you can actually give valid reasons to have this thread, gonna have to lock it.
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby kookeekwisp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:33 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:I let your post stay up, and will continue to do so.

...Can i just ask what you mean by this?
Are you threatening to take down my vampire thread?

You don't own this forum just as much as i do.

I'm sorry if i called you rude, are being rude or misunderstanding you; im just asking.
(this is just a much more silent way of disrespecting rulemakers)

Nellyfox wrote:Uh, seriously? You don't really make the rules around here.

Also, this thread serves very little purpose. All you're doing is advertising threads, because your "rules" prohibit pretty much any other discussion. Although, mods don't have to enforce your own personal rules. :\

Now unless you can actually give valid reasons to have this thread, gonna have to lock it.

I don't think that would be necessary. Lots of people make grouping threads in here. Just, teh only exception would be to not have rules they can't enforce. Otherwise it's a good thread.
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
User avatar
kookeekwisp
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: Vampire and Vampire Hunter Discussion Megathread

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Nellyfox wrote:Uh, seriously? You don't really make the rules around here.

Also, this thread serves very little purpose. All you're doing is advertising threads, because your "rules" prohibit pretty much any other discussion. Although, mods don't have to enforce your own personal rules. :\

Now unless you can actually give valid reasons to have this thread, gonna have to lock it.

If it was supposed to be an advertisement, I wouldn't have Kirize's stuff here. :P

The point of this thread is to have discussions focused on how to replace Vampires completely. Restricting discussion on buffs or nerfs plays into this because that would COMPLETELY derail the thread from the discussion at hand, which is making a completely new concept for Vampires and Vampire Hunters. The other rules all prevent clutter. None of them have to be enforced by the mods, because they are all clearly posted. You'll notice that I didn't even call out Kookeek, others did.

But fine, the name of the thread can be a bit misleading, so I'll change it to be more specific.

If those aren't valid reasons enough for you, lock the thread. Removing the anti-buffs/nerfs rule would negate this entire thread's existence. It's not worth it.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest