Soul Taker/Possessed

Old Role Ideas

Like the idea?

Yes, We need to add this!
4
17%
No... just... no.
5
22%
Meh... It could be fun... I'll have to try it first.
14
61%
 
Total votes : 23

Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:09 am

Name: Soul Taker

Team: Neutral (Evil)

Ability: Take a dead soul and give him a new body

Attributes: Select One Dead Person and One Live Person, The dead person takes the name/will of the live one and becomes a Possessed.
You can do this once.

Win condition: Wins with Possessed. Wins with Witches. Wins with survivor.

Invest sees: Retributionist, Soul Taker
Sheriff sees: NS

Immunities: conversion immunity


Name: Possessed

Team Neutral (Evil)

Ability: You know that [Soul Taker's Name] revived you.

Attributes: none

Win conditions: Kill all town. Kill all Mafia. Kill all Vampires. Kill all arsonists. Kill all Serial Killers. Kill all werewolves. Wins with soul taker. Wins with Witch. Wins with Survivor.

Invest result: Possessed, amnesiac
Sheriff sees: NS (this can be subjected to change)

Immunities: Conversion

Special notes:There can be more than 1 Soul Taker. If a second Soul Taker swaps a dead person with a possessed, the possessed still gets swapped. In a 1v1 with town/vampire Possessed will win, even if town has a mayor. Soul taker loses in a 1v1.
Last edited by GuldenFlame on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possesed

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:12 am

Moving to Role Ideas. If you're suggesting role ideas, please post them there, and not in Suggestions. Thanks.
I am a Moderator for the forum, and an Administrator for the game and Trial System, however I cannot reset your password, change your email, etc.

Please email the Developers via the email below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com


Frequently Asked Questions | Give Feedback | Report a Bug | Appeal your Ban

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

User avatar
LevinSnakesRise
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15620
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Soul Taker/Possesed

Postby GuldenFlame » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:18 am

Sorry, bout that.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby Arpitr20 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:20 am

It's a good idea
Image
This is where roles are tested:
Image
ToS QR: Spoiler: Image FM wins: Spoiler: NFM 2 Mafioso WIN
NFM 4-Veteran WIN
FM 8C-Aragog (Arsonist) LOSE
My roles
Nightmarer(Maf Supp.)& Switcher(Maf. Supp.)- MY FAVS
Arpitr20
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: Hanging out with Oliy and Kirize, playing ToS and talking about roles.

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby Totes » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:55 pm

It has to win with Survivor because Survivor's base idea is a role that wins with everyone.
Heroes Never Die


Guess who owns a genuine WW2 German infantry helmet. This gal.


Pokemon Resolute Nuzlocke Party:

Squidgins - Inkay
Barracutea - Basculin
The Hood - Scrafty
Pwn-iard - Pawniard
Brave Birb - Talonflame
User avatar
Totes
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm
Location: In your pantry, eating all your food.

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby lucas8411 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Totes wrote:It has to win with Survivor because Survivor's base idea is a role that wins with everyone.

And Witches because it's not a town role
IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I WANT TO SAY THAT I LEFT THE FORUMS.

Here is my last (goodbye) post in case you want to read it.

.
User avatar
lucas8411
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Somewhere in a place where my time is UCT

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:49 pm

lucas8411 wrote:
Totes wrote:It has to win with Survivor because Survivor's base idea is a role that wins with everyone.

And Witches because it's not a town role



The Witches I'd understand, but the Survivor would probably not want to live in a Zombie apocalypse. That's why I put that Survivor doesn't win with Zombie, but I see your point.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:18 pm

GuldenFlame wrote:
lucas8411 wrote:
Totes wrote:It has to win with Survivor because Survivor's base idea is a role that wins with everyone.

And Witches because it's not a town role



The Witches I'd understand, but the Survivor would probably not want to live in a Zombie apocalypse. That's why I put that Survivor doesn't win with Zombie, but I see your point.


Alright, I've changed it to add survivor on win list. The original name for the Possessed was Zombie, but changed it. I guess I had it in my head still.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:34 pm

After a poll I did lately, I found Neutral/Evil to be a needed thing, so I'm going to shamelessly bump this role as I found it to be a good one.

(Honestly, I think this is the only good role I've made in a looong time.)
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby RetralMega » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 pm

So a Neutral Ret and Disguiser? Fuck no.
User avatar
RetralMega
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am
Location: Smallville, Kansas

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 pm

RetralMega wrote:So a Neutral Ret and Disguiser? Fuck no.


Can you go more into detail on why?
That reasoning is rather vague.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby RetralMega » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:10 pm

GuldenFlame wrote:
RetralMega wrote:So a Neutral Ret and Disguiser? Fuck no.


Can you go more into detail on why?
That reasoning is rather vague.

... It's a Ret that can revive anyone and disguises them with someone else, which kills that person.
It's a role that can revive, kill, and disguise all at once.
It also takes the will of the living player, which means you have no way at all to tell that this player has been possessed. It's a super buffed Disguiser mechanic.
Do I really need to explain how this is far too OP?
Last edited by RetralMega on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RetralMega
Patron
Patron
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am
Location: Smallville, Kansas

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 pm

RetralMega wrote:
GuldenFlame wrote:
RetralMega wrote:So a Neutral Ret and Disguiser? Fuck no.


Can you go more into detail on why?
That reasoning is rather vague.

... It's a Ret that can revive anyone and disguises them with someone else, which kills that person.
It's a role that can revive, kill, and disguise all at once.
Do I really need to explain how this is far too OP?

It can only do it once. The only way this can win is in a 1v1 with the possessed or 2v1. Unless there is more than one of these guys.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby simabean » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:19 am

I'm in support for this role. It's better to replace someone then for to be "revived" as an evildoer. Would the target of the soul taker be "dead"?
User avatar
simabean
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Gone

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:20 am

How do you win...
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8825
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:20 pm

simabean wrote:I'm in support for this role. It's better to replace someone then for to be "revived" as an evildoer. Would the target of the soul taker be "dead"?

The Live person would be dead, yes.
Thanks for the support. It means a lot.

Kirize12 wrote:How do you win...

End game majority. Surviving until the last two people and then turning the other person into a possessed. Having a 1v1 with a possessed.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Ha.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8825
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby simabean » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Another note is that this would unintentionally nerf the Retributionist, since you can't always trust the revived. I'm not sure there is a perfect way to fix it, but it would be great if that could be prevented.
User avatar
simabean
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Gone

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby ParaYumi » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:05 pm

The only things I'd change would be making it a unique role and making it not autowin in a 1v1 with the mayor.
User avatar
ParaYumi
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby Kirize12 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:16 pm

ParaYumi wrote:The only things I'd change would be making it a unique role and making it not autowin in a 1v1 with the mayor.

You want to nerf it?
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8825
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:52 am

I actually quite like this role and would like to see it tried at some point.
It certainly piques my interest.
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
User avatar
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:47 am
Location: The Cave (Secret location)

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby simabean » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:04 pm

Problem detected: If you put a possessed in a mafia/vampire body, wouldn't they be disconnected from the chat, not bring the respective role?
User avatar
simabean
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Gone

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 am

simabean wrote:Problem detected: If you put a possessed in a mafia/vampire body, wouldn't they be disconnected from the chat, not being the respective role?

They would, it's just like what happens if a disguiser disguises as a vampire, so this scenario is possible even without this role.

This has also given me another thought, a mafia/vampire turned possessed would know the other mafia/vampire. Sense they are no longer mafia/vampire their extra window who shows who the other members are would disappear...

Interesting point.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby Jerme » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:15 am

If a Disguiser disguises as a Vampire then the Disguiser is still shown in the box for the other Vampires...
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 24583
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Soul Taker/Possessed

Postby GuldenFlame » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:20 am

Jerme wrote:If a Disguiser disguises as a Vampire then the Disguiser is still shown in the box for the other Vampires...

Really?
That would be like a bug in my opinion.
I'd presume the same thing would happen to Possessed if not a bug.
I make role ideas... most of them apparently stink.

Except maybe these ones. Spoiler: Alchemist
Magician
Soul taker


I've been gone for a while. What have I been doing you may ask?
Spoiler: Image
User avatar
GuldenFlame
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: Earth

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest