This is bad
33%
No this is not a good role.
17%

Total votes : 18

The Blinder(MS)

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:15 pm

The Blinder(Mafia Support)

Summary:A silent thief that blinds people in the air using chemicals.
Ability:Choose someone each night to blind, preventing them from choosing the chat log and halving there chat screen, preventing them from voting, and seeing the players role (if any players currently died that night, they may see the role after they are unblinded)
Attributes:Blind people cannot press the chat logs until the next night is over(preventing people to press the logs during the night). Blind people are unable to vote for that day. Blind people cannot see the roles of the dead (of that day, until they are "unblinded")
Special attributes: Blinding someone halves the players chat screen. That player is unable to vote. That player cannot see the role of anyone who dies that night for that one night unless they are re-blinded.
Additonal Information: This role has no roleblock immunity, nor night immunity. No attack, no defense. 3 uses
Pressing the chat logs after you have been blinded will show none of the chat that day.
Backround:The former thief known as the blinder,blinds people into things they can not see stealing all of the things people ever held dearly to them,once during a police chase the blinder was caught and thrown in jail and was sentenced to death for this very reason. During the day of his execution the Godfather and his Mafioso came up to him saying that if you join us we will let you be free and continue what you do for a living if you support the mafia, the blinder accepted and escaped, he was left with no trace and was never seen again, the mafia now raid and kill people without any traces of him or the mafia.

Goal:Kill anyone who would not submit to the Mafia

Sheriff:Your target is a member of the mafia!
Investigator:Your target uses reaks of chemicals S/he is a (unknown, taking ideas)
Consigliere:Your target uses chemicals to throw at people's eyes S/he is a Blinder!

When you get hit by the blinder you receive this message
Someone threw chemicals in your eyes! You are blindsided!
Wins with:Mafia,Survivors,Witches. You must kill all Werewolves,Serial Killers,Arsonists,Town, Coven You may spare anyone else.

Achievements:
The Confuser:Win one game as the Blinder.
The Troublemaker:Win five games as the Blinder.
The Blinder:Win Ten games as the Blinder.
The Thief:Win Twenty-Five games as the Blinder.
Miscalculated throw:Blind a member of the Mafia.
MY EYES!!!!:Blind yourself.
Last edited by Someguyinabobz on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 23 times in total.
The Jailor is simply a role in which the majority tell the only one capable of killing what to do. If this person's ego gets in the way, then all is lost.

Anyone who power trips or says "Do X because I am Y Role" is a very obvious case of the Standford Guard Experiment.
Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Re: The Blinder(MS)

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:20 pm

No replies? Im positive this was a good idea :(
The Jailor is simply a role in which the majority tell the only one capable of killing what to do. If this person's ego gets in the way, then all is lost.

Anyone who power trips or says "Do X because I am Y Role" is a very obvious case of the Standford Guard Experiment.
Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:48 pm

How about three uses like disguiser and framer
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:57 pm

This just seems like a nerfed blackmailer to me. Just say that you were blinded and people won't slam as quickly or will repeat things to you. I'd much rather have a consig, consort, or bmer.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm

ICECLIMBERS wrote:This just seems like a nerfed blackmailer to me. Just say that you were blinded and people won't slam as quickly or will repeat things to you. I'd much rather have a consig, consort, or bmer.

I dont understand, you cant scroll back up to see what you have not seen, ex:hi bob,sup bob (spam load of comments) you cant re-read what they have posted

also your chat at the bottom is split in half so its hella harder to read.

Spoiler: AHAHAHH THE TOWN HAS TO CO-OPERATE AHAHAH

oh...you were serious...

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Dude how many uses

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:19 pm

NDM wrote:Dude how many uses

Choose someone EACH night(aka unlimited)

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby PrometheanSigma » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:35 pm

I've got to say, I've never seen anything like this before.

It does seem a bit like nerfed blackmailer, but not being able to see the chat logs could be practical to mafia in certain situations.
25 wins with: ALL TOWN, MAFIOSO/GODFATHER, AMNESIAC, JESTER, SURVIVOR
PrometheanSigma
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:46 pm

PrometheanSigma wrote:I've got to say, I've never seen anything like this before.

It does seem a bit like nerfed blackmailer, but not being able to see the chat logs could be practical to mafia in certain situations.

i understand in some ways how its a bit like a blackmailer, but i dont understand how it is in some ways, your chatbox is halved and you cant press the chat logs,well i guess you could say, but every day everything goes so fast its not enough to even keep up with you have to press chat logs, but this time its halved and you cant pay much attention.

IF blinded
Player a says check player b
player c its blinded and doesnt see to check player b
player c never checked player b determining if he was mafia

BUT IF BMD

player a says check player b
player c sees to check player b

player c checks player b and he ended up being mafia.

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:51 pm

NDM wrote:How about three uses like disguiser and framer

I think you meant forger.
Last edited by Someguyinabobz on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby PrometheanSigma » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:52 pm

You do have to be fast, and spamming could be especially beneficial to the mafia here. Blinded victims would be unable to record any written information. I like that idea.
25 wins with: ALL TOWN, MAFIOSO/GODFATHER, AMNESIAC, JESTER, SURVIVOR
PrometheanSigma
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Someguyinabobz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:59 pm

PrometheanSigma wrote:You do have to be fast, and spamming could be especially beneficial to the mafia here. Blinded victims would be unable to record any written information. I like that idea.

Exactly :), and the fact you cant do it at night is to exploit it, so it ends the night after,

ex:blinded n1, d2 blind n2 blind unable to see the chat logs, d3 unblind,unless blinded again

AHAHAHAHAH RIP MAYOR LOL

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:52 pm

I did mean forger. Lol fail for me sound the alarm

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FlightlessPigeon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:22 am

Pretty sure you stole this idea from me as i posted mine with the same name 3 hours before you. But anyway once your not blinded you can just go back up and read the chat once its done.
My Roles

Chieftain
FlightlessPigeon
Donor
Donor

Postby Someguyinabobz » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:11 am

FlightlessPigeon wrote:Pretty sure you stole this idea from me as i posted mine with the same name 3 hours before you. But anyway once your not blinded you can just go back up and read the chat once its done.

I did not steal this post from you, also I would like a link that you did the same exact thing. Dont accuse people without a link. Thanks.

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:31 am

I saw yours Flightless and they are not close in my opinion

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby yonks012 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:54 am

As said before, it's not a totally original concept, but I kinda like it. Since it lasts until the end of the next night (which i suggest you keep), I think you should limit it to 3 uses.
RELEASE THE
QUACKEN

IGNs: Dis Pater/Vengeance/Sol
Favorite Roles: Spy, Investigator, Executioner
yonks012
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Someguyinabobz » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:17 am

yonks012 wrote:As said before, it's not a totally original concept, but I kinda like it. Since it lasts until the end of the next night (which i suggest you keep), I think you should limit it to 3 uses.

I think il keep it permanently since its not, a permanent thing such as a forge or disguise.

Also if its just a nerfed blackmailer(which it isnt?!?!?!?) then why would you nerf it even more.

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Someguyinabobz » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Any feedback for what tips and things that should be changed?

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:29 pm

3 uses and no checking chat log maybe after it happens twice to said person

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Someguyinabobz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 am

NDM wrote:3 uses and no checking chat log maybe after it happens twice to said person

Well its not permanent so its permanent uses such as disguiser/forger which is permanent, also being bmd isnt permanent so this shoudnt either, also, when your "blinded" you cant press the chatlog already

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:50 pm

I mean even after the day they are blinded they cannot see chat log

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Someguyinabobz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:15 pm

NDM wrote:I mean even after the day they are blinded they cannot see chat log

It says that to prevent exploits and information during the night :)

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NDM » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Missed it

NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Someguyinabobz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 pm

NDM wrote:Missed it

Attributes:Blind people cannot press the chat logs until the next night is over(preventing people to press the logs during the night)

Someguyinabobz
Investigator
Investigator

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives