Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Should this be added into the game? Our goal is 100 votes, and then further action will be taken.

Yes, this should be added into the game.
229
85%
Yes, this should be added into the game.
40
15%
 
Total votes : 269

Electrician (Neutral Killing)

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks for all your support, guys. This has been tested in FM before (failed both times due to the players) and has been tested in a TG game successfully. Either way, keep hitting that "I like the idea and the role" button and keep posting to support this idea and reply with your thoughts. If this role makes it to TG and passes review, we will take specific next steps to ensure this role gets at least one of these things:

Tested in Forum Mafia (successfully, it had two tests already, both failed due to players getting lucky and making correct lynches)
AMA Shoutout (Shadowalker style)
Added into the game (I AM THE MAN!)

Enjoy the role!

Role: Electrician

Alignment: Neutral Killing

Summary: An insane scientist who loves electrocuting people for their own amusement.

Goal: Live to see everyone electrocuted.

Win Conditions: You win with Electricians. You win with Survivors. You win with Witches. You must kill the Town. You must kill the Mafia. You must kill Serial Killers. You must kill Arsonists. You must kill Werewolves. You must kill Vampires. You may spare anyone else.

Has Night Ability: Yes

Has Night Immunity: Yes

Abilities: Charge someone at night.

Attributes: Your target will not know they were charged.
If a charged player visits another charged player, both will die, or if two charges are placed on one target, they will die.
Death from electrocution cannot be stopped by Night Immunity.
You may charge yourself, but it will only trigger if a charged player visits you.
You will clear the last wills of those who die by visiting you.
If everyone in game is charged, it will be revealed to the town and everyone, save for fellow Neutrals, will die the following night if you select yourself.

Special Attributes: Night Immune, Ignores Night Immunity, Redirection Immune, Electrocution Immune

Sheriff: Your target is an Electrician!

Investigator: Your target owns battle scars. They must be a Vigilante, Mafioso, Veteran or Electrician.

Investigator: Your target holds a frightful appearance. They are therefore a Sheriff, a Vigilante, the Godfather, an Executioner, or an Electrician. (it'll do for now, as all invest results of mine are balanced for the current state of the game)

Consigliere: Your target owns protective vests against high voltage. They must be an Electrician!

Notifications: "You feel a shock run through your body. You have been charged by an Electrician!" - when target gets charged by an Electrician. (silent charges were added as a buff)
"You have bumped into another charged target and the electric flows have mixed. You have been electrocuted! You have died!" - when target dies to Electrician.
"William Hobbs was killed last night. They were found electrocuted." - public death message.

Backstory: Born into the richest family of all, being the Mayor's elder brother, he did not want political power but instead wanted to be a highly respected scientist in the field of technology. As they were little kids, he worked on technology-related stuff instead of playing with other kids, partly because he had no friends, partly because he was addicted to technology. As teenagers, the Mayor-to-be went on a date with a hottie a day while the scientist had no girlfriend, no friends, and no social life whatsoever. As adults, the Mayor-to-be ran for Mayor and won while the scientist worked long and hard on technological experiments that would only benefit the Townies, especially one important project. As days passed and turned to weeks, weeks to months, months to years, all his projects were finished except for the one that mattered most to him. He spent 24/7 working on that project, so much that he had become a recluse and had been wiped away from history. No one remembered him except as that creepy social recluse who's name is a mystery even to himself. His door remained shut and he never came to the town meetings. He just worked on the project, careful to not make any mistakes. Then it happened. After long years of hard labor, his project was done. The scientist had seen his dreams come to fruition. All he needed now was an electric charge. He stood on the roof of his house, laughing. It was done. It was a stormy night with lots of lightning. All he needed was for it to hit, and then his project would be complete. It would be able to read minds so that mafia and other scum would be eliminated once and for all and no Townies would ever need to die in the process. It was the ultimate invention. The ultimate bio-weapon that would end scum forever and always - and then with an unexpected zap, the lightning struck the project, powering it but also electrocuting the scientist as he fell off the roof, breaking his invention in the process. As he woke up, he was very lucky to be alive, but he was badly scarred all over and the invention, the one that he worked hard on for thirty years in a row without a single break, was ruined. His mind shattered as he screamed and cried and begged for someone to turn back the clock. Then, out of nowhere, a wide smile appeared on his face as the tears went away. "Accidents happen," said the scientist. In the middle of the night, he sneaked off in the veil of the night back into his younger brother's house. The Mayor woke up feeling a tingling sensation all over his body, but thought nothing of it as he led the town in discussion. The next night, he did the same to the faithful Bodyguard of the town. He felt the tingling all day, but thought he was just numb. Later that day, the Mayor was forced to reveal as the Investigator caught him leading men and assumed he was the Godfather. As the Doctor would no longer heal the Mayor, it was up to the Bodyguard to watch the Mayor's house at night. As the Bodyguard did just that, the scientist, with his freaky, deformed face, stared the Bodyguard in the eyes. It scared him and he dropped his gun. When the Mayor asked what the commotion was all about, he said he saw a freak outside. The Mayor checked outside, said the Bodyguard was just imagining things, and gave him his gun back. As the transaction occurred, the bare skin of the Mayor and Bodyguard touched on accident. The tingling started being more shocking and painful as the seconds passed. They were really scared. Eventually, the electric flows mixed and both were electrocuted and died quick and painful deaths. The scientist looked over the bodies of his younger brother and the town Bodyguard. He smiled wide. "Accidents happen." The scientist was dead and gone, descended into an abyss of darkness, never to return again. In his place, an insane monstrous sadist was born. That was only the beginning of the Electrician.

Achievements:

Static - Win one game as Electrician

Electropath - Win five games as Electrician

Lightning Rod - Win ten games as Electrician

Benjamin Franklin - Win twenty-five games as Electrician

Human Experiment - Charge yourself

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! - Over five people die form electrocution in one night

It's Electric - Everyone is electrocuted and you kill all of them at once

Additional information/comments: A Bodyguard can kill you when you charge someone only. They cannot prevent a charged target from visiting another charged target.

In the case of a three-way (or four way, of five way, e.g. A visits B but B visits C, and all three are charged) everyone dies.

If all potential Electricians are dead, charges will not take effect. That way, if an Electrician dies, and there's an Amnesiac or another Electrician, all hope is not lost. However, if all Electricians and Amnesiacs are dead or Amnesiacs have remembered a role, and a charged target visits another charged target, they will not die.

If a Jailor were to jail someone who is charged while they were to be charged, those two charged targets will die along with the lynch. They will have been shown to die in the morning.

Since Electrocution pierces night immunity, it will also pierce an alert Veteran.

FAQ

Q: Why is this important?
A: I've gotten a lot of hate over idiotic comments from newbies with no sense of balance whatsoever. It sucks. If you address a flaw and I've covered why it isn't a flaw in the Q&A, I will ignore you. EzPz.

Q: Isn't this just a buffed Arsonist?
A: This is nothing like an Arsonist. The only similarities are that they are both night immune, appear as NS to Sheriff, and give lethal status effects and...that's it. What's funny about this is that no one seems to care that Shadowalker gets one kill per night exactly like SK, and yet this is a modified Arsonist. Plus, there's one thing you're forgetting to consider: Arsonist knows who they're going to kill when they're going to kill them. Electrician doesn't know when.

Q: When the first person dies from electrocution, people will stop visiting, making Electrician useless.
A: Except that's not what would happen at all. If you think that if a Sheriff gets electrocuted and an Investigator isn't going to check people, then you're wrong. If you're right, that player is extremely bad at ToS and is making life super easy for not only the Electrician but every single scum role in game. Plus, other killing roles have to kill to win. If no one in a game moves because someone was electrocuted and the game ends in a draw, every single player in that game (save for the Electrician(s) doing his/her/their job + non visiting roles and roles that can only visit dead people if they've actually done it) deserves to be at least suspended. Anyone refusing to visit due to Electrician fear is gamethrowing.
Last edited by Kirize12 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 54 times in total.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 pm

Can the process of charging someone be stopped? Because if not this role would definitely be a big deferent to whisper games.(not normal nets since those aren't too likely t be visiting each other.)
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Flamingkamikaze wrote:Can the process of charging someone be stopped? Because if not this role would definitely be a big deferent to whisper games.(not normal nets since those aren't too likely t be visiting each other.)


The Electrician is not roleblock immune, so he can be roleblocked.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Flamingkamikaze wrote:Can the process of charging someone be stopped? Because if not this role would definitely be a big deferent to whisper games.(not normal nets since those aren't too likely t be visiting each other.)


The Electrician is not roleblock immune, so he can be roleblocked.


I meant like how an arsonist will die if a bodyguard is on their target.
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Flamingkamikaze wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Flamingkamikaze wrote:Can the process of charging someone be stopped? Because if not this role would definitely be a big deferent to whisper games.(not normal nets since those aren't too likely t be visiting each other.)


The Electrician is not roleblock immune, so he can be roleblocked.


I meant like how an arsonist will die if a bodyguard is on their target.


Yes, actually. If you were to look in Additional information/comments, it says that the Electrician can be killed by a Bodyguard if he is placing a charge on his target.

But anyways, do you like the role?
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:02 am

Yes I do like the role, sorry about that, it's a good role idea and I like the concept.
Edit: I didn't see there was a poll. I should just sleep now.
Last edited by Flamingkamikaze on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:03 am

Flamingkamikaze wrote:Yes I do like the role, sorry about that, it's a good role idea and I like the concept.


Please vote on the poll then.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby Megalomancer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:37 am

What would happen if the Jailor and his prisoner are charged?
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Electrician

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:22 am

They should die immediately at the beginning of the night, because the jailor interrogating him and writing in his will and THEN being electrocuted makes no sense.

This way the jailor can't change his will that night (he's already dead).
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5490
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:27 am

There is one problem with this role. If you get to the closing days it will most likely be hard to pull off a win from the game, seeing as how it might be hard to get your targets to visit each other. Since the neutral killing needs everyone dead that could be a big problem.
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:35 am

Flamingkamikaze wrote:There is one problem with this role. If you get to the closing days it will most likely be hard to pull off a win from the game, seeing as how it might be hard to get your targets to visit each other. Since the neutral killing needs everyone dead that could be a big problem.


Only one target needs to visit another. They don't need to visit each other.

(Ex. If Kirize is the Electrician, and Kkbae is the Investigator and Malia is the Sheriff, and they are both charged, and Kkbae visits Malia but Malia visits Kirize, Kkbae and Malia will die)
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Flamingkamikaze wrote:There is one problem with this role. If you get to the closing days it will most likely be hard to pull off a win from the game, seeing as how it might be hard to get your targets to visit each other. Since the neutral killing needs everyone dead that could be a big problem.


Only one target needs to visit another. They don't need to visit each other.

(Ex. If Kirize is the Electrician, and Kkbae is the Investigator and Malia is the Sheriff, and they are both charged, and Kkbae visits Malia but Malia visits Kirize, Kkbae and Malia will die)


I know that, my intent was to say it could be hard to get either of them to visit. One last question, do charges last if you die?
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 am

Flamingkamikaze wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Flamingkamikaze wrote:There is one problem with this role. If you get to the closing days it will most likely be hard to pull off a win from the game, seeing as how it might be hard to get your targets to visit each other. Since the neutral killing needs everyone dead that could be a big problem.


Only one target needs to visit another. They don't need to visit each other.

(Ex. If Kirize is the Electrician, and Kkbae is the Investigator and Malia is the Sheriff, and they are both charged, and Kkbae visits Malia but Malia visits Kirize, Kkbae and Malia will die)


I know that, my intent was to say it could be hard to get either of them to visit. One last question, do charges last if you die?


Yes, because there could be another Electrician or Amnesiac can remember as Electrician.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby LordTeague » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:26 am

Or there could be two or more charged targets after the electrician dies.
Fastest Win: 1 day, in All Any. There were no evil roles.
Second Fastest Win: Veteran. Three days. My n3 alert took out half the town and all the evil roles.
Not exactly active in Town of Salem anymore.
LordTeague
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:51 pm

LordTeague wrote:Or there could be two or more charged targets after the electrician dies.


If there's no 2nd Electrician or an Amnesiac, an Electrician will lose no matter what if it dies, even if all players existing in game die from previously set charges.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Strategy:

Say that you're electrocuted when you're not so nobody that is electrocuted visits you. Live your life free of investigators and role-blockers and even the jailor.

Win.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5490
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:Strategy:

Say that you're electrocuted when you're not so nobody that is electrocuted visits you. Live your life free of investigators and role-blockers and even the jailor.

Win.


Yeah, but people can still suspect you as electrician. Like how someone who claims doused can still be accused as arso.
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Joodie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi, I think it's slightly OP (as I put in the poll), but overall I think it's a really cool idea! :)
Joodie
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Joodie wrote:Hi, I think it's slightly OP (as I put in the poll), but overall I think it's a really cool idea! :)


Can you explain why you think it's op?
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby Joodie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Joodie wrote:Hi, I think it's slightly OP (as I put in the poll), but overall I think it's a really cool idea! :)


Can you explain why you think it's op?


Sure! I might be misunderstanding, so, you charge someone first ... kinda like the arso douses people. THEN later if they visit someone, they're both electrocuted? Or does it happen in the same night? If it happens in the same night, then it seems like the electrician can kill too many people (2 a night no problem). If the charge only works the NEXT night (or for the rest of the game), then the targets seems kinda paralyzed, like they won't move for fear of being killed. Either way it sees to make the electrician very powerful.

Also, random note: it seems like if someone escorted the electrician, then they would be charged. Sorry if you already mentioned that. It's kinda like when the SK kills whoever RB's him, just less extreme!

I think the concept is very cool though. Very creepy too!
Joodie
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Electrician

Postby Joodie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:02 pm

OH I see now you need TWO charged targets to meet. That helps a bit, and answers my question about how long the charge lasts. That helps, but still seems OP to me. Not sure how to make it less OP in my mind, though. Hmmmmmm
Joodie
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Electrician

Postby Flamingkamikaze » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Joodie wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Joodie wrote:Hi, I think it's slightly OP (as I put in the poll), but overall I think it's a really cool idea! :)


Can you explain why you think it's op?


Sure! I might be misunderstanding, so, you charge someone first ... kinda like the arso douses people. THEN later if they visit someone, they're both electrocuted? Or does it happen in the same night? If it happens in the same night, then it seems like the electrician can kill too many people (2 a night no problem). If the charge only works the NEXT night (or for the rest of the game), then the targets seems kinda paralyzed, like they won't move for fear of being killed. Either way it sees to make the electrician very powerful.

Also, random note: it seems like if someone escorted the electrician, then they would be charged. Sorry if you already mentioned that. It's kinda like when the SK kills whoever RB's him, just less extreme!

I think the concept is very cool though. Very creepy too!


remember that the other person has to be charged too. Not just visiting anyone.
Beware! doggos abound within this spoiler
Spoiler:




More coming soon
User avatar
Flamingkamikaze
Arsonist
Arsonist
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Looking for Frida Sofía

Re: Electrician

Postby Joodie » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Okay that makes it better. This one is making me think a lot, which is good. Like I'm thinking of people claiming that they're charged, which would make people less likely to go to them, but then other random people would claim that too to avoid being killed. Hmmmmmm. I'll get back to you when I've thought on it more :)
Joodie
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Electrician

Postby Kirize12 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:16 pm

I have removed charge immunity from the Electrician to make it slightly less powerful.
A main problem with this is that someone can claim charged and no one will visit anymore. People will be too afraid to visit their target if they are charged.
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Getting pagegets

Re: Electrician

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Kirize12 wrote:I have removed charge immunity from the Electrician to make it slightly less powerful.
A main problem with this is that someone can claim charged and no one will visit anymore. People will be too afraid to visit their target if they are charged.

I don't like the removal of charge immunity.

But a slight debuff wouldn't be bad.

I just don't think that this is the way to go.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5490
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests