Contractor (Neutral Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Contractor (Neutral Evil)

Postby SuperGDPWYL » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:56 am

Role Name: Contractor
You are a rich and powerful person full of hatred.

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Attack: None (directly)
Defense: Basic (scumshield)
Priority: 1 (highest)

Abilities: If there is no current contract, you may put a contract on someone's head.
- Those who successfully complete your contract gain one charge of an astral Basic attack they may use during any night in addition to their usual ability. This kill will be credited to the Contractor. You also gain the ability to win with them.
- All evils will be notified of this contract.
- If a person with a contract on their head does not die for two nights, you may take that contract down and place another one.
- You may only place three contracts per game.
- Contracts cannot be placed on the first day.

Attributes:
- Only one contract may exist at a time.
- Contracts stay until the person the contract is on dies or until it is taken down.
- There will be a marker visible to you and potential killers next to the player with the contract's name.

Contract Conditions:
- Any non-Town killer choosing specifically to kill the contract without being controlled will fulfil it. (e.g. a Mafioso shooting the target will fulfil the contract for the Mafia)
- A Coven Leader/Witch witching any killer will fulfil the contract for the Coven/Witches, not the witched killer.
-A Necromancer using any killer's corpse will fulfil the contract for the Coven.
-Witches are also able to fulfil contracts the same way a Coven Leader would, and if a Witch has completed a contract (via Vigilante or killer), a single Witch being the last evil with no Vigilante and the Contractor will not end the game, similarly to how multiple Witches as the last evils will not end the game.
- All non-Town killers can fulfil contracts for their faction; this includes all Neutral Killing and indirect kills such as Ambushers, rampages (Pestilence and Werewolf killing their visitors as well), Serial Killers killing roleblockers and Medusa stone gazing.
- If a contract is placed on someone who was Poisoned the night before and not healed, the contract will be fulfilled for the Coven
- Vampires converting the contracted target will count as the Vampires fulfilling the contract if the target is not attacked by anyone else. If the Vampires kill the target, they will be treated as any other non-Town killer.
- If multiple non-Town killers attack a contract, whoever fulfils it will be random.

Notifications:
You have decided to put a contract on [X] tonight.
[X] the [role] fulfilled the contract! They get another Basic attack as well as their ability tonight.
There is a contract on [X]'s head.
You have fulfilled the contract! You get another Basic attack tonight. (Killers if they kill the target)
Someone else got to your target before you! (Killers if they do not get the contract)
Your target still hasn't died, so you may make a different contract.

Goal: Live to see a faction that completed one of your contracts win the game.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf, Poisoner or Contractor.
Consigliere: Your target is full of hatred. They must be the Contractor.

Win Conditions:
Dynamic; another "You win with" is added for every contract that is fulfilled by a different faction.
Cannot win with the Town under any circumstances.

Edit Log: (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Forgot investigative results existed, now contracts expire in two days and the contractor sees who fulfilled the contract in order to reach out to them. Also added some special conditions for contract fulfilment. (??/??/2022)
- Reduced number of charges the Contract ability has from infinite to 3. (02/10/2023)
- Contracts are no longer limited to even days only, they instead are locked in for two nights. (02/10/2023)
- Changed the investigative results to the Sheriff bucket instead of the Lookout one. (02/10/2023)
Last edited by SuperGDPWYL on Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
I exist
SuperGDPWYL

Re: Contractor (Neutral Evil)

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:17 pm

Sounds intresting, but with that wincon it should be either NB or NC, rather than NE
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby SuperGDPWYL » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:47 am

True, I thought NE would be good since Town is unable to complete contracts so the win con was similar to NE
I exist
SuperGDPWYL

Postby Salocin481 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:45 pm

I actually don't mind the wincon being this too much. In Ranked (Assuming Ranked ever brings back NE) this means that Mafia going out of their way to fullfill contracts rewards them, and gives them an extra ally.

It would be pretty damn strong, but since it can only make its first contract d2, I think it's balanced enough.

I would say 4 days is pretty brutal to lock a contract in. I think if the next even day rolls around, you're allowed to change it (So a d2 contract -> d4 change). Other than that, I think it's well balanced.

I like this wincon a lot actually, do you mind if I steal it for some other role ideas? Thanks bunches :)
Salocin481

Return to Role Ideas