The Harmony's Angel

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

The Harmony's Angel

Postby PMH » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 am

Harmony's Angel

Neutral(Benign)

Priority: 2

Defense: Basic (Fragile)

Attack: None

Unique Role: Yes

Visit: Astral

Goal: Protect succesfully from 2 attacks

- You can watch over a player every night, this will grant them powerful defense

- You can heal from poison, this will count towards your winning condition

- You cannot target yourself, even if transported or controlled

- You can watch even after death, but only once each 2 nights

- You can't watch the same person multiple times in a row (this is broken afterdeath)

- Your target will be immune to voting next day

- You cannot purge

- You may win with anyone after accomplishing your goal

- You will receive feedback if your target is attacked and will know how many times they were attacked

- Your target will receive doctor's message upon being protected and attacked, they won't receive any message upon no protecting

- If your target is protected by a Guardian Angel, your protection will be taken in count before and the Guardian Angel's protection won't be wasted

- You cannot have a Guardian Angel

- If you're bitten by a Vampire upon losing your defense, you will die

Investigative Results

Psychic: Good

Sheriff: Innocent

Investigator (Classic): Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer or Harmony's Angel

Investigator (Coven): Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, Harmony's Angel or Potion Master

Consigliere/Witch/Coven Leader/Potion Master: Your target wants to bring the peace among the town, they must be Harmony's Angel!

Wins With: Town, Mafia, Vampires, Arsonist, Survivor, Witch
Werewolf, Serial Killer, Coven, Plaguebearer/Pestilence, Juggernaut

Must Kill: N/A

You may spare anyone else

Here are some of my other roles:

The Ice Spirit: viewtopic.php?t=117984#p3606283

The Changeling: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=118606

The Grim Reaper: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=119574
Last edited by PMH on Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:50 am, edited 8 times in total.
PMH

Re: The Harmony's Angel

Postby WaveAqualei » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:19 am

This role is getting tested currently but I like the looks of it so far :D

/support
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:03 pm

Protecting from 4 attacks seems a bit too hard, This role seems alright honestly as a concept it's kind of cool but very town side. I'd personally let to do something to Ti's (like prevent them getting results) or do something along side their protection to make them more "neutral" I don't really think their target should be immune to voting while this is evil sided it doesn't really align with its goals to protect obvious evils, because all they care about is getting attack protects off as of now.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby WaveAqualei » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:46 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Protecting from 4 attacks seems a bit too hard, This role seems alright honestly as a concept it's kind of cool but very town side. I'd personally let to do something to Ti's (like prevent them getting results) or do something along side their protection to make them more "neutral" I don't really think their target should be immune to voting while this is evil sided it doesn't really align with its goals to protect obvious evils, because all they care about is getting attack protects off as of now.

That’s a good point actually. Only 7 Town roles can attack (2 of them being BG/Trapper)

I can see how it’s town sided mainly; I’m not sure how to fix it
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:53 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:Protecting from 4 attacks seems a bit too hard, This role seems alright honestly as a concept it's kind of cool but very town side. I'd personally let to do something to Ti's (like prevent them getting results) or do something along side their protection to make them more "neutral" I don't really think their target should be immune to voting while this is evil sided it doesn't really align with its goals to protect obvious evils, because all they care about is getting attack protects off as of now.

That’s a good point actually. Only 7 Town roles can attack (2 of them being BG/Trapper)

I would say give it a ability to also hide the targets investigative results, Problem is that would only really apply well to sheriff, maybe hiding them from Spys/lookout/trackers but that could hurt the target ect.

Something like enhancing a killers kill ability so they can go past protection/Immunes might work but i'd see it more or less just kill a lot of evils due to most immunties being on evils

It's kind of hard to balance a Protective beign role that has a more selfish goal (unlike GA which is always apart of someone's side from day 1). I actually really do like the concept of a more neutral protective as a concept but it might be hard to keep it "Neutral"
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:57 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

I would say give it a ability to also hide the targets investigative results, Problem is that would only really apply well to sheriff, maybe hiding them from Spys/lookout/trackers but that could hurt the target ect.

Something like enhancing a killers kill ability so they can go past protection/Immunes might work but i'd see it more or less just kill a lot of evils due to most immunties being on evils

It's kind of hard to balance a Protective beign role that has a more selfish goal (unlike GA which is always apart of someone's side from day 1). I actually really do like the concept of a more neutral protective as a concept but it might be hard to keep it "Neutral"

The easiest way to make it Neutral is probably get 1/2 successful protects and then you win?
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby PMH » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:22 am

there r multiple evils that r against each other and honestly i make my roles thinking of all any/coven all any this role can protect 4 times perfectly in all any and coven all any and im still thinking in lowering it and honestly u might want evils alive to win after all
PMH

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:47 pm

PMH wrote:

there r multiple evils that r against each other and honestly i make my roles thinking of all any/coven all any this role can protect 4 times perfectly in all any and coven all any and im still thinking in lowering it and honestly u might want evils alive to win after all

when most of those evils have some kind of Immunity I doubt it really matters in all any. Protecting 4 times in general is way too much even in all any. unless you want a role with a 10% winrate.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas