Jester Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Jester Rework

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Role Name:
Jester

Role Alignment:
Neutral Chaos (or Neutral Other or Traitor Judas)

Abilities:
Deal an attack against one player. (1 use all game, can use the night after being lynched)

Attributes:
You win with the Town unless you are lynched.
After being lynched, you win if Town loses.

Goal:
Help the Town win or get lynched and see the Town lose.

Win Conditions:
Same as Town before being lynched and same as Witch after being lynched.

Additional Information:
Attack is basic if made while alive and equivalent to current Jester haunt if made after being lynched.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Jester Rework

Postby blackaxe3 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:12 pm

Seems kind of difficult, if you are lynched whether you win is out of your control. I think you should be able to win with anyone if you get lynched.

I do like the idea of winning with Town if alive, and the ability to attack while alive. But the Basic attack seems too little for a one-use. Make it Powerful so it can go through the night-immune evils if you’re trying to help Town.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby cob709 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:15 am

Kirize12 wrote:Can this role win if nightkilled?

If they're nightkilled, they would still win with town, but wouldn't get to use their ability anymore.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:48 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
blackaxe3 wrote:Seems kind of difficult, if you are lynched whether you win is out of your control. I think you should be able to win with anyone if you get lynched.

I do like the idea of winning with Town if alive, and the ability to attack while alive. But the Basic attack seems too little for a one-use. Make it Powerful so it can go through the night-immune evils if you’re trying to help Town.

The point of this role is to be a Traitor Judas - if Town doesn't believe you, they get a nasty surprise.

To be honest, I'd much rather see it become a Shade than start killing. It's like, you get a kill, and you can't do anything for the rest of the game so who wins is more/less out of your control.

I approve as a Neutral Chaos role.

Can this role win if nightkilled?

Even though the outcome of the game is out of your control after you kill someone, you still can somewhat control whether you want to switch sides. If Town is losing and people think you're evil, you're almost certainly going to give a weak defense to try to get lynched. If Town is winning, you're going to try your best to not get lynched.

Changing the death mechanic to something like Shade might be more exciting, but it seems overly complicated. As a role with multiple abilities and win conditions and one of the few that can somewhat willingly change factions, this role is more complicated than most ToS roles. Adding in a completely new set of mechanics and merging it with another relatively complicated role (Shade) would be both hard to implement and understand.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:08 pm

I actually kinda like this as a concept of the new wincon, it might be kinda boring to play while alive due to bassically being a citizen, so maybe giving it a ability even with limited uses might make it more intresting.

I gotta say even if not this is a lot more fun and dynamic then current jester

Also this feels more Neutral benign then chaos, neutral benign isn't even used in serious modes anymore so I don't really see the issue.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas