Arcade Game Mode Type and Propositions

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Postby Cavespider17 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:48 pm

With the current lack of interest in game modes such as Dracula’s Palace, and the following of modes such as V.I.P and Town Traitor it is worth, at least in my opinion, considering a game mode which has some structure to it while allowing an element of chaos. A major issue with modes like Dracula’s Palace is the balance, and the time queuing and playing consuming a relatively large portion of time.

Therefore, upon discussing this idea with a few others, I present a potential solution to the growing decline in interest in such modes.

The idea of an Arcade Game mode is simple:
1) Phases only last 2/3 of what they would in a regular game. This shortens the game but doesn’t provide the excess pressure which exists in Rapid Mode
2) The games are pretty simple. Basic understanding of the game is required for some of these but not all of them. Imagine a player who has just started and played around 5 to 10 classic games – they should be able to get a good understanding of what is going on.
3) Only 7 players are required to play, meaning shorter queuing times and quicker game play.
4) Achievements shouldn’t be able to be farmed in Arcade mode (with a few exceptions).

That being said, here are the games I propose:

Murder Manner
Spoiler: Murder Manner is a game mode which is pretty simple. The Serial Killer must murder all the town, and the town must find and kill the Serial Killer. This removes the mafia from the game play, giving the Serial Killer less complications, however, they are truly alone as a killer now.

Role List:
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Neutral Evil
Serial Killer

Protect the Mayor
Spoiler: In this game mode the objective is simple. Town has to Protect the Mayor at all costs. Similar to how VIP works, if the Mayor is Killed, town Loses and the Mafia wins. The Bodyguard will know who the Mayor is. The rest of town will not.

Role List
Mayor
Bodyguard
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Godfather
Mafia Killing

Bite Night – The Vampire Hunting Game Spoiler: This game mode is one of the more complex game modes, as it includes Vampires – which, to many, are perceived as a complicated role. This game mode should be a much simpler, much more balanced version of Dracula’s Palace. Town’s main objective is to hunt down and kill the Vampire or Vampires, before they turn the town. The Vampires should aim to convert half the town and gain majority. The Survivor’s job is to survive the Vampire attacks and avoid being lynched by the Vampires or the Town.

Role List:
Vampire Hunter
Investigator
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Survivor
Vampire

Let me know what you think of these short games.
Last edited by Cavespider17 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Re: Arcade Game Mode Type and Propositions

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:18 am

I love these Gamemodes! I’m not sure which one is the best but I really like the Serial Killer one :)
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby FalinesGamingCave » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:55 pm

I love the Serial Killer Game Mode. The protecting the Mayor one seems good aswell, although I can imagine it to be quite difficult if there is a Jailor as a random townie. Vampire mode seems interesting, although I'm not sure if the survivor is fitting there as he can technically be boring in this mode. <3
Don't let others ruin your day, they are not worth bothering about.
Your decide how you feel, it's a you problem.
Seek the positive and leave the bad things behind.
Learn from the past, but don't let it control your future.
It's not the past mistakes that matter, it's what you learn from them.
And if you ever feel down, just know that everyone gets what they deserve.
If you lighten up someone's day, they will return the favour.
FalinesGamingCave

Postby Cavespider17 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am

WaveAqualei wrote:I love these Gamemodes! I’m not sure which one is the best but I really like the Serial Killer one :)

Thanks.

FalinesGamingCave wrote:I love the Serial Killer Game Mode. The protecting the Mayor one seems good aswell, although I can imagine it to be quite difficult if there is a Jailor as a random townie. Vampire mode seems interesting, although I'm not sure if the survivor is fitting there as he can technically be boring in this mode. <3

Thanks. I added a few random towns to make claim space for evils. If a Jailor rolls that's a big ouch, but it is what it is. I guess Vamps must grab them early. I added the survivor into Bite Night to add a little balance to the game, as it wouldn't be in the Vampire's interest to bite them early game - the Survivior would have to play mind games and keep track of claims to increase their chances of survival.

Last bumped by Cavespider17 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Return to Role Ideas