Jailor Nerf

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Is this a good nerf?

Yes. Jailor should not be able to be healed.
25%
No. Jailor is different from Mayor and thus this line of reasoning does not apply.
25%
Kirize12's suggestion is better.
25%
Other
25%

Total votes : 8

Jailor Nerf

Postby cob709 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Since Jailor and Mayor are both unique Town Power roles, then just as Mayor cannot be healed by Doctor, the Jailor should not be able to be healed either.

Kirize12's suggestion
Last edited by cob709 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Jailor Nerf

Postby EtherealEnder » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:50 pm

The thing about jailor though is that it isn't really instantly confirmable like mayor is. Technically, you can fake jailor, but if they ever ask you to reveal as a fake mayor claim that's gg. And I assume the only reason mayor can't be healed was because this was back when it could whisper as well, leading to games that were basically Jailor Meta+. Jailor meta atm is mostly tamed, you still see it occasionally but it isn't a giant issue like old mayor. So I don't think this is needed. I voted the second option.
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EtherealEnder » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Mayor would then be able to be whispered to and healed

i understand the point you're making here, but then we'd just get jailor meta 2 again. instead of jailor, it'd be mayor who, arguably, is more powerful in a situation like that since they are 100% hard confirmed.

and probably be unable to jail the same person twice in a row.

this I like. the basic defense as well seems fine since there's only a handful of roles that do powerful attacks in the first place. the other jailor changes... not so much. jailor should make more strategic kills, yes, but I don't think giving another role a guilt system is really the way to go about that.
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:36 am

Imo just remove jailor from ranked (along with mayor) and leave it in all any and tt and those modes
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Role Ideas