Magician (Neutral Evil or Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Magician (Neutral Evil or Chaos)

Postby EtherealEnder » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:49 pm

You are a mad magic user who wants the world to see your show.

Alignment: Neutral (Evil/Chaos)
Attack: None - Defense: Scumshield
Unique: Yes

Abilities:

Choose someone at night to make them disappear. You must wait one night between disappearances.
You may speak to those you have made disappear at night. They will see you as "Magician."

Attributes:
Those who have disappeared will be announced to the town, but will not have their role or will revealed.
Those who have disappeared are sent into your pocket dimension, and can still watch the game.
Those who have disappeared may escape by targeting the Magician.
Those who have disappeared may speak with each other as though they were dead until they escape.
If you die, all those who have disappeared will be released.

Goal: See the town lose the game. (You may win while dead)

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
Investigator: Your target could be a framer, vampire, jester, hex master, or magician!
Sheriff: Your target is suspicious!
Consig/CL/Witch: Your target easily sends their victims into a pocket dimension. They must be a magician!

A magician has placed you in their pocket dimension. Target the magician to escape!
You have successfully escaped the pocket dimension!

We could not find X last night. It's as if they disappeared without a trace.
X has returned to the town!

Lore-ish:
Spoiler: "It was horrid!" The Mayor sobbed into his bodyguard's chest, the latter of whom was visibly uncomfortable. The old man, disheveled and shaken, was in near hysterics in front of the whole town. He'd gone missing for a few days, and when he finally returned, he was like… this.

"It's alright, Mr. Mayor," said the Investigator, taking the pipe out his mouth to exhale a puff of smoke. "You're okay now. Why don't you tell us what happened?"

"God, I barely remember," The Mayor spoke with wide eyes. "I was in my home one night, you see, when I was suddenly whisked away to another world. It was dark, and yet I could still see… everything…"

With a huff of doubt, the Investigator moved closer to the wailing old fool. "I appreciate your struggle, but I can't really say I can believe this. How do we know you didn't just have too many drinks?"

The Mayor's head snapped up. "Why don't you ask him?" He pointed an accusatory finger at a man in a cheap tuxedo and top hat, grinning giddily at the entire exchange. "That's the- the lunatic that did this to me!"

The Magician smiled wider, waving his trusty wand. "Ta-da!"
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas