Veteran Nerf

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Veteran Nerf

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Veteran should bloody the wills of the players they kill; this way they can't get instantly confirmed and are able to be cced after killing somebody, making it easier for Executioners. It still should show the roles of the players they kill though. Medusa removes the wills of stoned players because they don't want to be immediately proven as evil; so why not make Veteran do the same, so that they can't get immediately proven as Town?

It might be easier if death animations were more broad too. Town(Killing) roles could share the same message as Mafia, such as "They were shot last night" or something like that, so that Mafia roles have better claims, and also so that roles like Vigilante and Veteran can't get confirmed so easily.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Veteran Nerf

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:07 pm

I mean, killing randomly just to confirm yourself is a bad thing, as vet you get only confirmed if the killed guy is town and did put you in their will, is not that hard to cc the vet that just killed the mafioso
That being said, if you did a good play and killed an evil then being soft confirmed is fine

I have done it, I have seen others doing it
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:I mean, killing randomly just to confirm yourself is a bad thing, as vet you get only confirmed if the killed guy is town and did put you in their will, is not that hard to cc the vet that just killed the mafioso
That being said, if you did a good play and killed an evil then being soft confirmed is fine

I have done it, I have seen others doing it

Sometimes evil, non-killing roles will visit you, claiming to investigate/protect you, so there's a chance that they'll still put you in their will even if they're evil. Even if they are a Mafioso, sometimes they in fact do put you in their will, depending on their claim.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:13 am

I don't think Veteran should be nerfed but just make it where Executioner cannot have Veteran as a target.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EtherealEnder » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:07 pm

I do like the idea of giving vigi + vet the same kill mrdsage so you can't immediately tell what happened, however I don't think vet needs a nerf apart from that, especially not bloodying wills
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas