Godfather and Mafioso changes

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Godfather and Mafioso changes

Postby ak521 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:21 am

Godfather
- Gains roleblock immunity
- Receive target status from Mafioso. E.g. if target is immune or jailed.
- Can order an attack from Jail if Mafioso is alive. (up for discussion)

Mafioso
- If your Godfather's target is immune or jailed, attack your target instead.
- Choose to perform an Astral Visit once. (up for discussion)
- Performing 3 kills upgrades you to a Godfather, regardless if one is already existing. Godfather is not unique in this case. (up for discussion)
ak521
Witch
Witch

Re: Godfather and Mafioso changes

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:10 pm

yeah no, multiple godfathers is nothing but a hard counter to sheriff and vigi, also the rb thing can be easily fixed by adding tmk, which was suggested like 4 years ago and everyone agreed with it
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby ak521 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:yeah no, multiple godfathers is nothing but a hard counter to sheriff and vigi, also the rb thing can be easily fixed by adding tmk, which was suggested like 4 years ago and everyone agreed with it

tmk is different from these changes.
ak521
Witch
Witch

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 pm

The whole reason Mafioso exists is so that the GF can't get deadlocked, making GF RB immune essentially removes the purpose of Mafioso, making them even more of a waste of space. The 'solution' or whatever you're trying to do with this suggestion can be solved by using TMK. Also, having 2 Godfathers just doesn't make sense, and like syjfwbaobfwl said, it's just hard counters Sheriff and Vigi.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby ak521 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:39 pm

Benn3 wrote:The whole reason Mafioso exists is so that the GF can't get deadlocked, making GF RB immune essentially removes the purpose of Mafioso, making them even more of a waste of space. The 'solution' or whatever you're trying to do with this suggestion can be solved by using TMK. Also, having 2 Godfathers just doesn't make sense, and like syjfwbaobfwl said, it's just hard counters Sheriff and Vigi.

TMK is not going to be easy nor satisfying if implemented.
Sheriff and vigilante are apparently strong?? And anyways, if you read to the end of that line, it said up for discussion.
ak521
Witch
Witch

Postby Benn3 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:47 pm

ak521 wrote:
Benn3 wrote:The whole reason Mafioso exists is so that the GF can't get deadlocked, making GF RB immune essentially removes the purpose of Mafioso, making them even more of a waste of space. The 'solution' or whatever you're trying to do with this suggestion can be solved by using TMK. Also, having 2 Godfathers just doesn't make sense, and like syjfwbaobfwl said, it's just hard counters Sheriff and Vigi.

TMK is not going to be easy nor satisfying if implemented.
Sheriff and vigilante are apparently strong?? And anyways, if you read to the end of that line, it said up for discussion.

Wdym by "not going to be easy nor satisfying?" If you're trying to say that nobody would be satisfied with it, that's false, majority of the community(on the forums) wishes for TMK to be added.

Sheriff already has like 24 detection immune roles, there's no reason to give another Mafia member other than the main Godfather detection immunity along with defense. Sheriff and Vigi shouldn't have jobs just so that they can't do them. Yes, it's up for discussion, that's why I'm discussing why it wouldn't be a good addition.

"- Receive target status from Mafioso. E.g. if target is immune or jailed."

I do agree with this albeit already suggested before, mostly harmless.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby SilverCruz » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:27 pm

I will uphold they should just be removed.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ak521 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Yall miss the point. TMK is not the discussion of the topic. TMK would have been added already, clearly there's some issue with it. And these are separate of TMK. again
ak521
Witch
Witch

Return to Role Ideas