The Florist

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

The Florist

Postby Cabohhh » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Role Name:
The Florist

Role Alignment:
Mafia Support

Abilities:
During the day, select someone to send a bouquet to.
You can opt to send a personalized message with the bouquet.
The bouquet hides bees. These bees will paralyse your target if they are visited by someone else. Self-visits will not trigger bees.

Attributes:
Players affected with Paralysis will be super roleblocked for the night.
The message will not reveal your name.
The bouquet will be sent at the start of the night, meaning that you will have to write your message during the day.
If you send a bouquet to a jailed target, both the Jailor and your target will be able to read your bouquet's message, but will not be affected by bees.

Notifications:
Florist:
You have decided to send [Position] a bouquet.
You have decided to send [Position] a bouquet instead.
You have decided not to send a bouquet.
Your message has been saved. (When closing the window for the message.)
You attempted to deliver a Bouquet to your target, but a Jailor intercepted your package.

Player:
A Florist has sent you a bouquet.
The card attached reads "[Message]". (Only if there is a message attached.)
The card attached is blank.
Your bees have been disturbed by a visitor. You were paralysed!
Your jailed target was sent a bouquet. The card reads "[Message]."

Spy:
Your target was Paralysed.

Goal:
To kill all who would oppose the Mafia.

WinCon:
Standard Mafia WinCon.

Special Attributes:
None.

Achievements:
Standard 1-25 wins.
Creating a Buzz: Give a bouquet to a revealed Mayor.
Deadly Nightshade: Have your bouquet stop someone from giving themselves defence, and have them die.
Sedation: Give a bouquet to an Alerting Veteran.
Entomologist: Have your bouquets paralyse the same target 3 nights in a row.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff: Your target is suspicious!
Investigator: Sheriff/Executioner/Werewolf/Poisoner/Florist
Consigliere: Your target has a sensitive knowledge of flora and fauna. They must be a Florist!
Last edited by Cabohhh on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 6, 3:17
Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: The Florist

Postby Benn3 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:04 pm

This seems kinda cool and would be funny writing a message to the player, but it's essentially just a nerfed Consort

I suggest trying to make it do its own thing, it being a Mafia(Killing) might even be better but having extra MKs is still bad so...

Plus if somebody gets a bouquet they can just say "guys i have a bouquet dont visit me unless you have to"
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Cabohhh » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 am

Benn3 wrote:This seems kinda cool and would be funny writing a message to the player, but it's essentially just a nerfed Consort

I suggest trying to make it do its own thing, it being a Mafia(Killing) might even be better but having extra MKs is still bad so...

Plus if somebody gets a bouquet they can just say "guys i have a bouquet dont visit me unless you have to"

You get the bouquet at the beginning of the night, meaning that you can't just tell people not to visit you. You'll get the bouquet at the start of the night, along with the message, so you can act accordingly. (Really, you could just threaten a person, telling them to do something to a certain target or you'd kill them, etc.)

Also, with a message, you could frame players as being immune, being Arsonist (With the help of a totally real Consig), or just telling people that "Nah, we didn't bm that person." Since this entire game is communication, having a message actually can be very useful.

I do see the point of a nerfed Consort. Originally, I wanted this role to be a Killing role, but that seems unfair. Like, you get visited, and then you die? Just seems unfair.
Although, because it's a SuperRB, it can stop Veteran, Transporter, and all other RB immune roles.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Benn3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Ok so I thought of an idea.

Instead of it super role-blocking, it should reduce their Defense by 1 value(if they get stung after being visited).

This means that they'll essentially have negative defense.

If a TP goes on them, they will not have negative defense during that night but they still won't have any defense; they'll need two TPs to go on them to be granted Basic defense at the most.

Example 1: Alice receives a bouquet N2, and John visits her the same night. She gets stung, and now her defense value is decreased to "Negative"(not sure what it could be called really). A Doctor then goes on her the next night, and the Mafia attacks them. Their defense will go up to "None" once the Doctor goes on them, so they will still die.

Example 2: Alice receives a bouquet N2, and John visits her the same night. She gets stung, and now her defense value is decreased to "Negative." Two Doctors go on her the next night, and she is attacked by Mafia. Her defense is increased to Basic, and she will survive the attack.

If a Bodyguard is on a player with negative defense, the Mafia member will kill said player but will also die to the Bodyguard. Same goes for Crusader and Trapper.

The player will have negative defense for the night after they get visited and stung, and then the bouquet will be thrown out afterwards.

This alone though I'd say isn't a sufficient ability for a single role so I'll try thinking of other things it could do.

Maybe being paralyzed(getting stung) should distort their feedback during the next night. Like, if they are an Investigator and check somebody, some results will be left out. Of course this would only matter if Invest results were randomized at the start of each game, which they aren't, but they should be. Since Sheriff only receives two types of feedback it can't really be "distorted" without just changing it entirely. For Spy, some MV could be left out(although then it'd be RNG); and when they bug somebody, the result will be much more vague, possibly being many different things, or even just made so that they just get "Something happened to your target last night" instead of a specific bug. Lookout could not see as many visitors, but that has the same issue with the MV with Spy; it becomes RNG with who is left out.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Cabohhh » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Benn3 wrote:Ok so I thought of an idea.

Instead of it super role-blocking, it should reduce their Defense by 1 value(if they get stung after being visited).

This means that they'll essentially have negative defense.

If a TP goes on them, they will not have negative defense during that night but they still won't have any defense; they'll need two TPs to go on them to be granted Basic defense at the most.

Example 1: Alice receives a bouquet N2, and John visits her the same night. She gets stung, and now her defense value is decreased to "Negative"(not sure what it could be called really). A Doctor then goes on her the next night, and the Mafia attacks them. Their defense will go up to "None" once the Doctor goes on them, so they will still die.

Example 2: Alice receives a bouquet N2, and John visits her the same night. She gets stung, and now her defense value is decreased to "Negative." Two Doctors go on her the next night, and she is attacked by Mafia. Her defense is increased to Basic, and she will survive the attack.

If a Bodyguard is on a player with negative defense, the Mafia member will kill said player but will also die to the Bodyguard. Same goes for Crusader and Trapper.

The player will have negative defense for the night after they get visited and stung, and then the bouquet will be thrown out afterwards.

This alone though I'd say isn't a sufficient ability for a single role so I'll try thinking of other things it could do.

Maybe being paralyzed(getting stung) should distort their feedback during the next night. Like, if they are an Investigator and check somebody, some results will be left out. Of course this would only matter if Invest results were randomized at the start of each game, which they aren't, but they should be. Since Sheriff only receives two types of feedback it can't really be "distorted" without just changing it entirely. For Spy, some MV could be left out(although then it'd be RNG); and when they bug somebody, the result will be much more vague, possibly being many different things, or even just made so that they just get "Something happened to your target last night" instead of a specific bug. Lookout could not see as many visitors, but that has the same issue with the MV with Spy; it becomes RNG with who is left out.

The thing is, Doc gives Powerful defence, so even if you reduce it one stage, there will still be basic defence, which in a ranked setting is really all you need.
BG doesn't give defence, it just fights the attacker, so it wouldn't change anything anyways.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Ezradekezra » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:11 pm

I feel like this is just a worse Consort with how inconsistent it is. The ability to bypass RB immunity doesn't outweigh the part where someone has to visit the target for the bees to sting imo.

There's also not much point to the message and it can be negative utility at times since hitting the Jailor's target would pretty much confirm them as Town.

/nosupport
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Return to Role Ideas