Drug Dealer (Mafia Support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Drug Dealer (Mafia Support)

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:48 pm

Drug Dealer
Attack: None | Defense: None

Alignment -
Mafia (Support)

Abilities -
-Select a drug to give to a Mafia member during the Day
-Drugs will activate during the Night

Attributes -
-You may drug your target with Stimulants, Sedatives, Painkillers, or an Antidote
-Stimulants will allow your target to perform their ability on 2 players, but will super role block them the next night; cannot be used on any Mafia(Killing)
-Sedatives will make your target role block, control, and detection immune for the night; they will also be unable to be redirected
-Painkillers will make your target stay alive for one extra Day after being attacked, no matter the type
-Your target will die the next night if they were originally attacked
-Antidote will purge your target of all status effects (douse, hex, poison, infection)
-Your target will keep the antidote you give them until a status effect is inflicted onto them but you cannot give the same player an Antidote twice
-Mafia members cannot take the same drug twice in a row

Goal -

Kill all who will not submit to the Mafia.

Notifications
Drug Dealer:
You have decided to drug [Position] with Stimulants tonight.
You have decided to drug [Position] with Sedatives tonight.
You have decided to drug [Position] with Painkillers tonight.
You have decided to give [Position] an Antidote tonight.

Player:
Stimulants course through your veins. You've been drugged!
You start to feel calm and relaxed. You've been drugged with Sedatives.
Someone attacked you last night, but the pain soon faded away. You've been drugged with Painkillers, and will die the next night!
The Jailor tried to execute you, but Painkillers let you hold on for a little bit longer. You will die the next night!
You were given an Antidote!
Someone tried to douse you, but you purged yourself with an Antidote!
Someone tried to hex you, but you purged yourself with an Antidote!
You used the Antidote to treat your poison. You were cured!

Spy:
Your target was drugged last night!

Investigative Results -
Sheriff: Your target is suspicious!
Investigator: Your target could be a Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, or Drug Dealer.
Consigliere: Your target hides in dark alleys, providing uncertified medicine for wealth. They must be a Drug Dealer!

Achievements -

Spoiler: You Got The Stuff? -
Win one game as a Drug Dealer

Lemme Get Some -
Drug all your Mafia teammates in one game

Hanging On -
Drug a Mafia member with Painkillers and save them from an attack for the night

Certified Medicine -
Give an Antidote to a Mafia member and clear them of all effects

The Good Stuff -
Use all drugs in a game

Calm As A Godfather -
Drug a Mafia member with Sedatives on the same night they get checked by a Sheriff
Last edited by Benn3 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Drug Dealer (Mafia Support)

Postby superdog551 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:03 pm

This is pretty similar to my Associate role with some other powerful abilities thrown in and a lot more complex. I don't like the idea of it being able to heal someone for an extra day or the ability to purge mafia members. The way the antidote works you have all mafia other than yourself perma-purged by Night 3 and then as soon as one is gone you can restock the next night. That is too powerful a counter to the roles with those mechanics IMO.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:33 pm

superdog551 wrote:This is pretty similar to my Associate role with some other powerful abilities thrown in and a lot more complex. I don't like the idea of it being able to heal someone for an extra day or the ability to purge mafia members. The way the antidote works you have all mafia other than yourself perma-purged by Night 3 and then as soon as one is gone you can restock the next night. That is too powerful a counter to the roles with those mechanics IMO.

I edited so that you can't give an Antidote more than twice to the same person. Also made it so that they don't 'hold' onto it so that you have to actually give them it the night they have those status effects.

Also yeah when I was making it your role did come up in my mind but this was much more based off a different role, where the drugs do widely different things.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby superdog551 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:44 pm

Benn3 wrote:
superdog551 wrote:This is pretty similar to my Associate role with some other powerful abilities thrown in and a lot more complex. I don't like the idea of it being able to heal someone for an extra day or the ability to purge mafia members. The way the antidote works you have all mafia other than yourself perma-purged by Night 3 and then as soon as one is gone you can restock the next night. That is too powerful a counter to the roles with those mechanics IMO.

I edited so that you can't give an Antidote more than twice to the same person. Also made it so that they don't 'hold' onto it so that you have to actually give them it the night they have those status effects.

Also yeah when I was making it your role did come up in my mind but this was much more based off a different role, where the drugs do widely different things.

I don't mind just pointing out that they were similar.

The change is good, I still think it is a little too complex since it can do so much but that's not necessarily a big issue
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Return to Role Ideas