Assassin (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Assassin (Neutral Killing)

Postby Benn3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Assassin
Attack: Powerful | Defense: Basic

Alignment -
Neutral(Killing)

Abilities -
- Assassinate a player each night by guessing their role, Disguise their cause of death, and Forge their role and will
- Investigate a player at night, receiving a list of possible roles they could be
- Investigate during the Day one time

Attributes -
- If you guess correctly, your target will be dealt a Powerful attack
- You will learn the name of anybody that attacks you
- You will know what roles you're visited by
- Your successful assassination visits are Astral
- If you are controlled, you will Investigate

Goal -
Kill all that would oppose you.

Notifications
Assassin:
You have decided to investigate [Position] tonight.
You have decided to assassinate [Position] tonight.
You have decided to disguise [Position]'s cause of death as [Role] tonight.
You have decided to forge [Position] as [Role] tonight.
Your assassination attempt failed!
You were visited by the [Role].

Player:
You were killed by an Assassin!

Spy:
Your target was assassinated last night!
Your target's assassination attempt failed!

Investigative Results -
Sheriff: Your target seems innocent.
Sheriff (if the Assassin had killed someone the same night): Your target is suspicious!
Investigator: Your target could be an Investigator, Consigliere, Mayor,Tracker, Plaguebearer, or Assassin.
Consigliere: Your target is an expert at eliminating those who put their guard down. They must be an Assassin!

Achievements -

Spoiler: The Shadow Behind You -
Win one game as an Assassin

Knew it! -
Assassinate an unrevealed Mayor

Counter Attack -
Assassinate your attacker

Ambushed? -
Assassinate a member of the Mafia

Neutral Killer -
Get someone lynched the day after they attack you

The Little Guy -
Assassinate a Juggernaut

We All Have Our Secrets -
Assassinate an Investigator, Sheriff, Consigliere, or Potion Master that checks you on the same night
Last edited by Benn3 on Fri May 19, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Assassin (Neutral Chaos)

Postby ak521 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Interesting but I think suicide is harsh on a wrong guess.

EDIT: Also creating a UI for this role would be painful for the devs if they plan on adding more roles and if this is a popular one.
ak521
Witch
Witch

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:35 pm

ak521 wrote:Interesting but I think suicide is harsh on a wrong guess.

EDIT: Also creating a UI for this role would be painful for the devs if they plan on adding more roles and if this is a popular one.

Suicide isn't that harsh when most people will be claiming their role out loud - plus you can investigate people.

I don't see why the UI would be hard to make, it would just be a list of roles which Forger already has too.

I've updated it so that you receive the name of anybody who attacks you however you need 3 kills to win the game.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Cabohhh » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:58 pm

3 kills is a lot.

3 kills is a fifth of the town. It's a hard requirement to meet.

Also, since the kill is a One Chance situation, I just think it's really volatile. Sure, some people might claim outright, but there's always someone lying. With the buffer that you can only hit people of different alignments, it's really hard. By the time you hit endgame, it's mostly Town Protectives and Town Investigatives. Doesn't give too much space.

I'd assume that it would take you about 5 nights to win. Two to investigate, three to kill. It's definitely possible, but because you're a threat to everyone, everyone will be hunting you.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 6, 3:17
Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Benn3 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Cabohhh wrote:3 kills is a lot.

Also, since the kill is a One Chance situation, I just think it's really volatile. Sure, some people might claim outright, but there's always someone lying. With the buffer that you can only hit people of different alignments, it's really hard. By the time you hit endgame, it's mostly Town Protectives and Town Investigatives. Doesn't give too much space.

I'd assume that it would take you about 5 nights to win. Two to investigate, three to kill. It's definitely possible, but because you're a threat to everyone, everyone will be hunting you.

They're like the Pirate though. Most of the time Town/Mafia/Coven/Other Neutrals leave them alone since they aren't a straight up threat to their faction, they can kill anybody and only need a certain amount of kills to win, being able to side anyone afterwards. You don't only have to guess Town members either; if you're sure you've found a GF/Mafioso or if there's a confirmed evil role, you can Assassinate them.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Cabohhh » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 am

Benn3 wrote:
Cabohhh wrote:3 kills is a lot.

They're like the Pirate though. Most of the time Town/Mafia/Coven/Other Neutrals leave them alone since they aren't a straight up threat to their faction, they can kill anybody and only need a certain amount of kills to win, being able to side anyone afterwards. You don't only have to guess Town members either; if you're sure you've found a GF/Mafioso or if there's a confirmed evil role, you can Assassinate them.

Okay, fair point. Three kills does seem like a lot though. Pirate only takes two people, while Assassin takes three, making it a little more of a threat.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cabohhh » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 pm

Instead of being unable to kill Survivors, Guardian Angels, and Revealed Mayor, I feel like you shouldn't be able to guess Survivor or Guardian Angel. You shouldn't kill a survivor because they're survivor, you should kill survivor because you think they aren't survivor. You should be able to guess Mayor until an actual Mayor reveals, but once a Mayor reveals, you shouldn't have the option to guess Mayor anymore.

Also, where it says that the game won't end unless the Assassin completes their goal. What if they die before completing their goal? Does the game just stalemate?
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Benn3 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Cabohhh wrote:Instead of being unable to kill Survivors, Guardian Angels, and Revealed Mayor, I feel like you shouldn't be able to guess Survivor or Guardian Angel. You shouldn't kill a survivor because they're survivor, you should kill survivor because you think they aren't survivor. You should be able to guess Mayor until an actual Mayor reveals, but once a Mayor reveals, you shouldn't have the option to guess Mayor anymore.

Not being able to kill Survivors / Guardian Angels = not being able to guess them. Already been specified you can't kill them, since the only way Assassin can kill is by guessing a role. It's already also specified that you can't assassinate a revealed Mayor, but that doesn't mean you can't assassinate an unrevealed one; check the achievements.

Also, where it says that the game won't end unless the Assassin completes their goal. What if they die before completing their goal? Does the game just stalemate?

Why would the game prolong if they were dead? It's like saying the game shouldn't end when all the Mafia is dead because the Mafia's goal is to kill everyone, so I don't see a reason for Assassin not to be the same.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Obituary » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:00 am

But once they've achieved their goal then they can potentially side with town???? I don't like that at all, should have to live and see town lose as well, especially as its somewhat of a Netural Killer. Also what about instead of him being dealt an unstoppable attack, the assassin is revealed to the town instead????
Obituary

Postby Benn3 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:39 pm

Obituary wrote:But once they've achieved their goal then they can potentially side with town???? I don't like that at all, should have to live and see town lose as well, especially as its somewhat of a Netural Killer. Also what about instead of him being dealt an unstoppable attack, the assassin is revealed to the town instead????

Late response here, but making them have an NE wincon is way too unbalanced. They'll be getting extra kills for Mafia and other evils which would not work well. If their goal was changed to 'kill everyone that would oppose you' it'd probably be too weak considering you can't even get a consistent 1 KPN. Plus, Pirate has essentially the same goal anyways and I don't really see people complaining about them. The fact that the game doesn't end when they haven't gotten all their kills could make them a main threat, especially late game if they haven't killed 3 people yet.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Assassin (Neutral Killing)

Postby Benn3 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:29 am

this role is now an NK with a fuck ton of new abilities

- forging