Neutral Evil - Swapper.

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Neutral Evil - Swapper.

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:02 am

Summary - It's like a reverse Transporter that's meant to be an alternative to the Witch. Feels kind of complicated, but whatever man, let's throw it out there anyway, nobody cares.

- Auto-Vest (meaning Basic defense which breaks after one hit, like the Witch)
- No Attack
- Roleblock Immune
- Control Immune
- Ability is blocked by Control Immunity

- At night, select two Targets. If neither of your targets are Control Immune, then your first target's Ability will be applied on your second target's target, and vice-versa, though their targets are not changed. If either target is Control Immune, your Ability will fail.

- Your targets' internal feedback will be echoed to you, but the order in which you receive their feedback is based on their roles (I.E. Investigator feedback will always be displayed before Lookout feedback, regardless of your targets' positions in the player list). You do not receive feedback that your target received from another role's ability, such as if they were Blackmailed.

- If one of your targets was a Vigilante, they will not die of guilt. Instead, if you attempt to swap them again they will execute a Guided Basic Attack against you and your Ability will fail even if you are not killed. (Guided meaning that it will reach you even if you are Transported. Message - "The Vigilante you tried to swap flew into a rage and attacked you!" and "You survived, but could not finish your plans for that night." if you are not killed. The Vigilante will be told "You saw an evildoer skulking around who sparked a rage within you and attacked them!")

- You win by living to see the Town lose.

Example 1 - You select Investigator and Lookout. Investigator selects John Proctor, and Lookout selects William Hobbs. Because of your interference, Investigator will get a clue for William Hobbs in spite of having visited John Proctor, and Lookout will see who visited John Proctor in spite of having visited William Hobbs.

Example 2 - You select Lookout and Vigilante. Lookout selects DayOneJailor, and Vigilante does not select a target. Because of your interference, Lookout will not receive any feedback regardless of who is visited as their target was redirected to nobody, and DayOneJailor will receive a Basic Attack. Vigilante will not die of guilt the next night, and if DayOneJailor was protected by a Bodyguard then Lookout will be killed in the counterattack instead of Vigilante (obviously, this will instantly expose you).

Example 3 - One of the roles you swapped is Mafioso, and the Mafioso is controlled by a Witch on the same night. You will receive an echo of their "The Godfather has ordered you to kill his target." feedback, but not their "You were controlled by a Witch!" feedback.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas