Elemental (Neutral Chaos) [outdated]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Re: Role Idea: Elemental (Neutral Chaos)

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:53 am

MorganTheMod wrote:i actually don’t hate the elemental faction idea, but it does seem somewhat similar to the coven, you might need another factor or buff their abilities in order to create a new game mode / expansion where it is just town and elementals.

if you choose to keep this as one role, i have some ideas. since this is neutral chaos, i’d like to see this cause a little more actual chaos.
Spoiler: because the earthquake and fire abilities already reveal the presence of an elemental, this role will be about using abilities to win quickly while hiding in plain sight. we should make the other abilities the same, and just as useful, without killing of course.

i’m thinking possible turn the water ability into a flood, NO ONE can visit any body else. this could be edited not to affect coven or killing roles, but it essentially puts a pause on the town so you can get to your other abilities, raising more suspicious and contention. the psychic would still get a vision, medium still tak to dead, but the veteran, medusa, forger, janitor, guardian angel, survivor, or bodyguard might waste an ability (because no one visited anyways). it would even affect a plague bearer. everyone would obviously be notified of the flood.

and maybe the windstorm ability randomizes all visits.you don’t know who’s house you ended up at. only the killers will know who they were randomized to, in the event that someone died. the CL will have no idea who they controlled into who, a sheriff or consigliere won’t know who they investigated, or a con/esc who they roleblocked. you could notify the town of this, or choose not to in order to raise further arguments and accusations.

like i said, chaos.

and honestly i would support only a 2 day timer, meaning if the elemental only wanted to use 3 abilities they could, the potion master never sees this problem unless there is an end game CL because of necronomicon, but with the 3 day timer you have to use the elements in the order you first use them, because only one becomes available each night after initial uses, which would greatly hinder this role end game when they need them most.

I like your ideas!! I'll look further into them when I get a chance :D

Also, Elemental and Potion Master both have 3 day cooldowns. I should've specified that.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Previous

Return to Role Ideas