Amnesiac (NB) and Jester (NE) reworks

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Amnesiac (NB) and Jester (NE) reworks

Postby ShiningArmor » Sat May 15, 2021 5:40 pm

As of now, the role's abilities are fine. However, the problem is the night. You can die in the nigbt before even activating your ability. My proposal is that they should have temporary basic defense for one night, like the witch has. This way, they can function more to do their designated goal.

Pros
-No more dying N1.
- Can perform ability better.
- Can bring closer to goal.

Cons
-Suspicion casts even further (for jest, this is a pro)
- more evil roles with defense claim these roles for they have similar type of defense

I conducted a survey on reddit to see if they agree, and it seems around 80% of them agree, mainly due to the reasons of dying n1.
ShiningArmor

Re: Amnesiac (NB) and Jester (NE) reworks

Postby superdog551 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:51 pm

This is suggested quite a lot and I think most people agree with giving Jester one autovest. Amne could definitely get one too
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat May 15, 2021 10:14 pm

instead of giving jest that (which makes winning even easier than now), just give them defense N1

If a vigilante thinks that the amnesiac will remember mafia, there is no reason to not allow him to prevent it

If mafia thinks that the amnesiac will remember a powerful town role, there is no reason to not allow them to prevent it
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby alex1234321 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pm

I would prefer to just make D1 a full length day. Ofc most of the time it would just be memes, but Vets would be able to bait more effectively and VFR could work as a strategy. Also it would make it so that 9v6 Ranked isn't automatic MyLo D2.

An additional benefit of a full D1 is the fact that Amnesiacs and Jesters would be able to position themselves to reduce the likelihood of getting attacked N1. Jesters could even go for the D1 lynch if they want. Vigilantes and Jailors would be able to shoot/execute N1 and have actual evidence to go off of.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas