Skinsnatcher - Neutral (Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Skinsnatcher - Neutral (Killing)

Postby nlove77 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 am

Role Name:
Skinsnatcher

Role Alignment:
Neutral (Killing)

Abilities:
-Kill someone each night
-Steal the identity of who you kill

Attributes:
-You are able to kill a person each night, and steal their identity
-You will appear as the person who you killed the next day, and mask your role with theirs, appearing as said role to Sheriffs, Investigators, Consiglieres, Witches, Coven Leaders, and Potion Masters, but not Psychics.
-You will not be informed of your target's role, and their will is deleted.
-Your character will appear as if you were killed, and as cleaned. This also happens when you disguise as someone else while disguised.
-When disguised, you cannot kill until you have shed your disguise.
-Shedding will make you appear as Skinsnatcher to the roles listed above, but you will still appear as the person you killed.
-Shedding takes 1 night to complete.
-Your attack deals Basic damage.
-You have Basic defense.

Notifications:

-You have decided to kill John Proctor tonight.
-You instead decided to kill Mary Warren tonight.
-You have stolen your target's identity!
-You have decided to shed your disguise
-You have shed your disguise!

Goal:
-Live to see everyone die.

Win Conditions:
Must Kill:
Town
Mafia
Coven
Serial Killers
Arsonists
Werewolf
Vampires
Juggernaut
Plaguebearer
Pestilence

Win with:
Skinsnatcher
Survivors
Witches
You may spare anyone else.

Special Attributes:
Unique
Priority: 5 (killing), 6 (shedding)

Investigator Results:
(These are seen if you aren't disguised)
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious!
Investigator - Your target is a Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, Potion Master, or a Skinsnatcher
Consigliere - Your target likes faking their identity. They must be a Skinsnatcher!

Achievements:
Coming soon!

Additional Information:
I almost called this role the Impostor, but Among Us exists, so I chose another name.

Lore:
You are a lunatic who desires stealing people's identities.
nlove77
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Skinsnatcher - Neutral (Killing)

Postby MarsGodofWar » Wed May 12, 2021 5:27 am

Just a buffed Serial Killer wtf is wrong with you
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Postby alex1234321 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:19 am

Let me get this straight:

A is Skinsnatcher and B is Sheriff for example. A kills B. The Town sees that A died and was cleaned and the Skinsnatcher becomes B. Kinda like the old Disguiser. Since the wills are cleaned the only way to catch the role based on the kills is a Medium.

I have a couple issues with the role. My main one is that the killing mechanism is the same as an SK. You kill one person every night. The most unique and exciting NKs are ones that can kill different numbers of players while still doing so in a predictable way that averages to 1 KPN. Aside from the risk of getting outed by Medium, this role is a strictly buffed SK since it has the cleaning ability and doesn't really have to worry about blending in since it can just change bodies.

That brings me to my other issue. One of the main criticisms of ToS is that it relies too much on night play and not enough on scumreading during the day. Since this role can change bodies, a Skinsnatcher can be quiet and not really help the Town without being overly suspicious and then change bodies before anyone notices anything. On the other hand, Town members might intentionally act scummy to increase the chances of getting lynched if a Skinsnatcher takes their body. It's the same problem that Vampire has but much more mild.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby nlove77 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 pm

alex1234321 wrote:Let me get this straight:

A is Skinsnatcher and B is Sheriff for example. A kills B. The Town sees that A died and was cleaned and the Skinsnatcher becomes B. Kinda like the old Disguiser. Since the wills are cleaned the only way to catch the role based on the kills is a Medium.

I have a couple issues with the role. My main one is that the killing mechanism is the same as an SK. You kill one person every night. The most unique and exciting NKs are ones that can kill different numbers of players while still doing so in a predictable way that averages to 1 KPN. Aside from the risk of getting outed by Medium, this role is a strictly buffed SK since it has the cleaning ability and doesn't really have to worry about blending in since it can just change bodies.

That brings me to my other issue. One of the main criticisms of ToS is that it relies too much on night play and not enough on scumreading during the day. Since this role can change bodies, a Skinsnatcher can be quiet and not really help the Town without being overly suspicious and then change bodies before anyone notices anything. On the other hand, Town members might intentionally act scummy to increase the chances of getting lynched if a Skinsnatcher takes their body. It's the same problem that Vampire has but much more mild.

Yeah, I feel like this role is fundamentally flawed.
nlove77
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby runningwiththepower » Wed May 12, 2021 5:01 pm

oops i guess i misinterpreted this role because i thought it was more like:

Alice is Skinsnatcher. Bee is Sheriff. Alice kills Bee N1. D2, Bee is Dead (killed by the Skinsnatcher) & Cleaned in the Graveyard. N2, Clariana Invests Alice & gets: Sherif,Exe,WW,Poisoner.

I guess I thought it was more akin to SK + Disguiser of sorts.

I agree somewhat with the critiques of Alex; what would be a more interesting way for this role Kill people?
Maybe they can only kill people that visit them?
runningwiththepower

Return to Role Ideas