THE MONARCH (TOWN SUPPORT)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

THE MONARCH (TOWN SUPPORT)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue May 11, 2021 8:02 am

Spoiler:
Role Name: Monarch

"You are of royal descent, hidden amongst the people."

Role Alignment: Town Support

Abilities:
> Appoint (Daytime) - 4 uses
- appoint someone to become your Guard.
- you will have to appoint someone two times before they become your Guard.
- you will be notified that you have become a Guard the next day with a message:
Code: Select all
You have been secretly appointed as a Monarch's Guard. Protect them with all your life!

> Monarchy (Nighttime) - 3 uses
- call upon your Guard to grant them a temporary basic attack, letting them stay in your house to attack the highest priority role that visits you.
- the first time you use Monarchy, you will gain a Royal Armor. This armor will protect you from any basic attacks.
Your armor is breaking, you might not survive the next attack!

- once the defense of the armor has been used up and you are attacked again, you will receive a message saying:
You have an infected wound, and will die the next night if left untreated!

- your Guard will still perform their action at night if they do have one.
- when you call upon your Guard, they will receive a message:
Royalty has called upon your assistance. You must aid them!

- you will know if your Guard visited someone, and if your Guard was visited.

Attributes:
- Unique.
- Guards will have their investigative results changed into a Mafioso investigator result and suspicious from the Sheriff.

Special Attributes:
- None.

Additional Information:
- you can have multiple Guards, or none at all.
- clicking Monarchy while having no aide will only grant you the Royal Armor, if you haven't used Monarchy yet.
- your Guard/s will not know who you are.

- aight so one way that Mafia can go around with this is that the Godfather can pretend to be a Monarch, and pretend that he appointed his Mafioso as his guard, just something I realized ;0

Investigative Results:
Investigator: Your target could be a Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist or Monarch!
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Consigliere: Your target has royal blood, they must be a Monarch!

Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer.
Last edited by oOYuuArtSuiOo on Tue May 11, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Re: THE MONARCH (TOWN SUPPORT)

Postby runningwiththepower » Tue May 11, 2021 1:50 pm

I like this idea but it seems a bit overly complex.

IMO--scrap the Daytime stuff & just hone in on the night time ability---both of them together make this role pretty OP.

Example: Aladdin is the Monarch. N1, Aladdin chooses Belinda(Retributionist)to be his Aide (i think 'Protector' or "Guard" might sound better). N2, Belinda 'guards' Aladddin & gains the one-time ability to attack the highest priority role that visits Aladdin. Belinda uses the Dead LO to see that Rin visited Jasmine; Aladdin also knows that Belinda visited Jasmine. The next day, Jasmine is dead--Rin is Mafia, etc etc.

^^^I think something like that is already pretty powerful as is & pretty useful too. I think the whole "Choosing of the Guard" thing should take a Night to go through---And that the Monarch can only use it 3 times.

My only question is----if Aladdin has Belinda, Cixi & Darius as their Aides/Guards---does that mean they ALL Protect him that Night? Or can he choose which ones he 'calls' upon to Protect him??

once again---its a really cool & interesting idea, just needs some editing IMO :)
runningwiththepower

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue May 11, 2021 6:11 pm

runningwiththepower wrote:I like this idea but it seems a bit overly complex.

IMO--scrap the Daytime stuff & just hone in on the night time ability---both of them together make this role pretty OP.

I thought about removing that part too, and just making it so that the Monarch will choose an aide from daytime. ;0

Example: Aladdin is the Monarch. N1, Aladdin chooses Belinda(Retributionist)to be his Aide (i think 'Protector' or "Guard" might sound better). N2, Belinda 'guards' Aladddin & gains the one-time ability to attack the highest priority role that visits Aladdin. Belinda uses the Dead LO to see that Rin visited Jasmine; Aladdin also knows that Belinda visited Jasmine. The next day, Jasmine is dead--Rin is Mafia, etc etc.

Yep, and although it may seem overly powerful, the aide can still potentially kill a town member.

^^^I think something like that is already pretty powerful as is & pretty useful too. I think the whole "Choosing of the Guard" thing should take a Night to go through---And that the Monarch can only use it 3 times.

Yeah, I think I'll make it so that the Monarch has to appoint someone two times before they actually become the Monarch's aide. And yeah, I think Guard or Protector would better fit the name> :>

My only question is----if Aladdin has Belinda, Cixi & Darius as their Aides/Guards---does that mean they ALL Protect him that Night? Or can he choose which ones he 'calls' upon to Protect him??

I think it'd be best if only one aide gets to protect the Monarch. It'd be too chaotic if there were three aides having a basic attack rampaging whoever visits the Monarch's house LMAOAOAOA

once again---its a really cool & interesting idea, just needs some editing IMO :)

Thank youu so much for the criticsm!!

MY OTHER IDEAS!

--------------------
--------------------

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Postby runningwiththepower » Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 pm

/support :D

EDIT: I am supporting this role because I think, with the critiques that I have suggested, it will be a good role.
(Though I don't think it should be limited to only spawning in when Mayor isn't present since its been a bit decreased in power since the OG description) :P
runningwiththepower

Postby Brilliand » Tue May 11, 2021 8:21 pm

So it's a confirmable Town role that gains a bulletproof vest partway through the game? Sounds like a bad idea.

The fact that it can't be distinguished from a Godfather supported by his Mafioso helps a bit, but I doubt that will be sufficient to prevent the confirmability (especially since the lynching the guard will settle the matter if there's any doubt).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby runningwiththepower » Tue May 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Brilliand wrote:So it's a confirmable Town role that gains a bulletproof vest partway through the game? Sounds like a bad idea.

The fact that it can't be distinguished from a Godfather supported by his Mafioso helps a bit, but I doubt that will be sufficient to prevent the confirmability (especially since the lynching the guard will settle the matter if there's any doubt).

so then how would you Imporve it?
runningwiththepower

Postby Brilliand » Tue May 11, 2021 9:42 pm

runningwiththepower wrote:so then how would you Imporve it?

What is its purpose? What special quality should I preserve while trying to improve it?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MarsGodofWar » Wed May 12, 2021 2:31 am

/No Support.

I'm completely against roles that use a priority system to try and avoid RNG. Also, appointing someone as something only happens once and you usually get a yes or no answer. Realistically, how does it make sense that the guard has to be appointed twice?
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Postby superdog551 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 am

Spoiler:
Abilities:
- you will be notified that you have become a Guard the next day with a message:
You have been secretly appointed as a Monarch's Guard. Protect them with all your life!

4 uses seems a bit like an arbitrary number because you have to visit whoever you are targeting twice anyway. Why not just say you can only appoint two people and that happens when they are visited twice?

- call upon your Guard to grant them a temporary basic attack, letting them stay in your house to attack the highest priority role that visits you.
- the first time you use Monarchy, you will gain a Royal Armor. This armor will protect you from any basic attacks.

- once the defense of the armor has been used up and you are attacked again, you will receive a message saying:

So you pretty much give yourself a Crusader, which is fine I suppose but I don't see much point to this role. It seems like it would harm the town a lot because it's really likely to get them killed. Since it doesn't RB its guards it can't stop mafia or other evils rom doing anything. Idk I don't see it working well as a Town Support when others would be much more useful without as much of a risk of killing town members.

Also the royal armor is unecessary, no town role should be able to get an autovest and honestly it just doesn't make much sense as to why they would survive one attack and then die the next day, it just adds a lot to this role that doesn't need to be there.

Attributes:
- Unique.
- Guards will have their investigative results changed into a Mafioso investigator result and suspicious from the Sheriff.

Unique is fine, I don't see why the guards would become suspicious though. That's just another thing that makes this role harm the town.

Additional Information:
- clicking Monarchy while having no aide will only grant you the Royal Armor, if you haven't used Monarchy yet.

- aight so one way that Mafia can go around with this is that the Godfather can pretend to be a Monarch, and pretend that he appointed his Mafioso as his guard, just something I realized ;0

That's a possibility currently but I am not much of a fan of it changing the investigator results, and it would be too risky for the GF/Mafioso to try and play this off as it auto confirms both as evil should they be proven wrong.

Investigative Results:

This invest result seems fine to me.

I think this role isn't suited to be a Town role. However, I do think it could be interesting as a Neutral Evil role. Maybe consider converting it into one?

MarsGodofWar wrote:/No Support.

I'm completely against roles that use a priority system to try and avoid RNG. Also, appointing someone as something only happens once and you usually get a yes or no answer. Realistically, how does it make sense that the guard has to be appointed twice?

What do you suggest instead of priority systems? I think they are fine personally and I haven't heard any other solution. (If this is why you unvoted Charmer in TG then I'd also like a solution to that so you may change your mind)

Why not critique the actual mechanic rather than the lore of it because the lore really doesn't matter. And if it did matter that much the OP could just say the first night you make a selection and then the second night you appoint them.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Thu May 13, 2021 3:35 am

superdog551 wrote: Spoiler:
Abilities:

4 uses seems a bit like an arbitrary number because you have to visit whoever you are targeting twice anyway. Why not just say you can only appoint two people and that happens when they are visited twice?

So you pretty much give yourself a Crusader, which is fine I suppose but I don't see much point to this role. It seems like it would harm the town a lot because it's really likely to get them killed. Since it doesn't RB its guards it can't stop mafia or other evils rom doing anything. Idk I don't see it working well as a Town Support when others would be much more useful without as much of a risk of killing town members.

Also the royal armor is unecessary, no town role should be able to get an autovest and honestly it just doesn't make much sense as to why they would survive one attack and then die the next day, it just adds a lot to this role that doesn't need to be there.

Attributes:
- Unique.

Unique is fine, I don't see why the guards would become suspicious though. That's just another thing that makes this role harm the town.

Additional Information:

That's a possibility currently but I am not much of a fan of it changing the investigator results, and it would be too risky for the GF/Mafioso to try and play this off as it auto confirms both as evil should they be proven wrong.

Investigative Results:

This invest result seems fine to me.

I think this role isn't suited to be a Town role. However, I do think it could be interesting as a Neutral Evil role. Maybe consider converting it into one?

MarsGodofWar wrote:/No Support.

What do you suggest instead of priority systems? I think they are fine personally and I haven't heard any other solution. (If this is why you unvoted Charmer in TG then I'd also like a solution to that so you may change your mind)

Why not critique the actual mechanic rather than the lore of it because the lore really doesn't matter. And if it did matter that much the OP could just say the first night you make a selection and then the second night you appoint them.

I really appreciate the critique! I think I'll go ahead with changing some features and making it into a neutral evil. Thank youuu!
MY OTHER IDEAS!

--------------------
--------------------

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Role Ideas