THE ROYAL CHEMIST (NEUTRAL EVIL)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

THE ROYAL CHEMIST (NEUTRAL EVIL)

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Tue May 11, 2021 1:10 am

Role Name: Royal Chemist

"You are the King's special military unit, tasked to try new weaponry."

Role Alignment: Neutral Evil

Abilities:
At daytime, you can choose a member of the town to invite so they can taste what you will offer to them.

The first time you invite someone, they will not be able to deny it.

"The Royal Chemist invites you to their house for some wine! You must come, they insist."

However, they will have the choice to deny or accept the invite the next times you invite them. I.e:

"The Royal Chemist has invited you for some wine! Would you join them at night? Y/N"

Daytime Abilities:

> Offer Wine (3 uses)
- Your guest will know who tried to visit their house at the current night.

> Offer Stew (2 uses)
- Your guest will be healed for the current night.

> Offer Coffee (1 use)
- Your guest will gain Unstoppable on their action to their target and gain a basic defense in the current night.

Nighttime Abilities:

> Botulize (6 uses)
- Infuse what you will offer with botulinum. If the guest has consumed botulinum twice, they will die the next night no matter what.

> Toast! (2 use)
- When used, you will exchange positions with your guest. (If your target was offered stew, you will be the one to gain the effects of the stew instead, etc.)

Attributes:
> Unique.

Goal: Successfully botulize someone.

Win Conditions: Win with any evil faction or roles.

Additional Information:
> You cannot botulize and toast at the same night.
> You can invite the same player.
> A player botulized once can be cured.
> Your stew or coffee cannot protect botulized players.
> A player botulized twice can no longer be cured.
> Your guest will not be informed if they consumed botulinum for the first time.
> Once your guest has consumed botulinum twice, they will be informed that they will die the next night. They would receive a message in the lines of "I don't feel so good.".
> Dying from botulism cannot be blocked whatsoever.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Re: THE ROYAL CHEMIST (NEUTRAL EVIL)

Postby runningwiththepower » Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 pm

Ok so this is a unique idea & I do like certain aspects of it but I feel like it is a bit too overly complicated, especially with the day actions. I also think maybe the Players shouldn't know what Potion they got so as to make it a bit more insidious as to what the Alchemist is doing?? Like the Alchemist could lie and deceive someone into thinking they are getting the Stew every night & are healing them but really they're giving them Coffee---the Player won't know unless the Potion has something to report back. Maybe making it something more like:

Simiyu is Alchemist (no need for it to be Royal Alchemist, Alchemist works just fine). During Day 1, Simiyu invites Juvelas(Doctor). Night 1, Juvelas is forced to go to Simiyu's house. Simiyu can give Juvelas one of 3 different potions--Stew, Coffee(just unstoppable--having that & defense is a bit OP), Wine, (I don't really think the Potions need names--the Potion Master's Potions don't have names, for example), all that different effects. Simiyu can also infuse any of the 3 Potions with Botulism OR can do a Toast to gain the given Potion's effects for herself.
Simiyu gives Juvelas just regular Stew. Juvelas doesn't know that she was given Stew. Nothing happens to Juvelas that night---Juvelas *thinks* she got Coffee instead--she really has no idea.
Day 2, Simiyu invites Juvelas again to her House. Juvelas refuses.
Day 3, Simiyu invites Khufu(Crusader) to her House & Khufu is forced to accept. Simiyu gives Khufu Stew infused with Botulin. Khufu deduces that he was given Stew because, that night, he was attacked & healed.
Day 4, Simiyu invites Khufu to her House. Khufu accepts. Simiyu gives Khufu Wine infused with Botulin. Khufu thinks he was given Stew again, because he was attacked & healed that night (but in reality, he was Healed by Juvelas). Khufu gets the Poisoned! message (idk if it should be a different message from the regular Poisoner tbh---that way Alchemist could be like "Oh no, you were actually really truly Poisoned! It wasn't me!!!!!" and maybe theyre right LOL)
Day 5, Khufu died. Simiyu wins & can chill for the rest of the game as Coven & Town tear themselves apart trying to figure out who Poisoned Khufu.

(I also wonder if Alchemist should have the ability to just give Botulism straight up--on one hand, i doubt Players would really know per say---Players could think "Oh maybe I got Stew but nobody attacked me" or "I got Coffee and my action was unstoppable. cool". But at the same time, that might encourage Players to be even MORE sus of Alchemist & make it less 50 good / 50 bad which is kinda the vibe I feel like you are going for since if Alchemists can just give Botulin straight up, then why wouldnt they dole it out every night, ya know??? IDK LOL)

The goal is a bit confusing---so Alchemis wins by Botulizing & killing someone like a Pirate in a way.
Or does it win like Witch, insofar as it can only win if Town loses??? :O

Sorry, lol, I have a LOT of thoughts about this role
runningwiththepower

Postby alex1234321 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 am

My issue with JoaT roles is that they have all sorts of different abilities with limited uses and it's hard to balance them. For example, why do you get three uses of wine but only two uses of stew? It would take tons of testing to balance all the numbers out and to make sure that none of the abilities is excessively OP or UP. Also, it would be a pain to code a role that has five different abilities when there are many balanced roles that only have 1 or 2 abilities.

The day abilities would usually be negative utility unless the player targets scum. Since most players are Town, the Royal Chemist would usually be better off not targeting anyone, especially early in the game.

The Botulin ability involves killing a player, which would almost always result in a second kill for Mafia since the Royal Chemist would hit Town most of the time. The Mafia was built around having one kill per night, and it relies more on deception than raw kill power.

How does the Toast ability work? Is it like a Transporter or do the players actually appear as each other for the rest of the game?
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby oOYuuArtSuiOo » Thu May 13, 2021 3:37 am

alex1234321 wrote:My issue with JoaT roles is that they have all sorts of different abilities with limited uses and it's hard to balance them. For example, why do you get three uses of wine but only two uses of stew? It would take tons of testing to balance all the numbers out and to make sure that none of the abilities is excessively OP or UP. Also, it would be a pain to code a role that has five different abilities when there are many balanced roles that only have 1 or 2 abilities.

The day abilities would usually be negative utility unless the player targets scum. Since most players are Town, the Royal Chemist would usually be better off not targeting anyone, especially early in the game.

The Botulin ability involves killing a player, which would almost always result in a second kill for Mafia since the Royal Chemist would hit Town most of the time. The Mafia was built around having one kill per night, and it relies more on deception than raw kill power.

How does the Toast ability work? Is it like a Transporter or do the players actually appear as each other for the rest of the game?

Yeah, I do realize that the role is much too complicated, and I'd probably scrap the idea for a better layout for the role name.

And for the Toast ability, it's essentially transferring the effects of whatever the player offered to theirselves.
MY OTHER IDEAS!

The Taboo Caster (Coven Evil)
--------------------
Role Alignment Idea: The Equilibrium
--------------------
The Witness (Neutral Evil)

Shilster wrote:Isn't this just a better Janitor? It can totally disable people, and yeah, it nerfs lynching. People who can't vote (especially Town members) are useless to their team.

YuuArtSui explained it pretty well.

Aww, thanks :3

oOYuuArtSuiOo
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Role Ideas