Broker(Neutral Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

What changes should be made to the Broker?

Players that have a gun should be forced to use it.
33%
The broker should not have to live to win.
33%
The kill credit should be listed as the Broker's gun.
33%
The kill credit should be listed as a vigilante.
No votes
Other
No votes
None; This role is well balanced.
No votes
None; This role cannot be balanced/
No votes

Total votes : 6

Broker(Neutral Evil)

Postby cob709 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:40 pm

Broker
Neutral Evil

Abilities
    Each night, you may choose to give a player a gun.
Attributes
    Players that have a gun may choose to use the gun instead of their abilities.
    Each gun may only be used once.
    Only town players may use a gun.
Win Condition
    Live to see the Town lose the game.

Notifications
    [Broker]: You have given a gun to your target.
    [Player]: You have received a gun from a Broker.
Other(not listed on rolecard)
    If the Broker gives a gun to a non-town player, the receiver will still get the gun, but is unable to use it.

Achievements
    Backfired: Be shot by your own gun.
    +etc

This role is similar to:

Hm... What was that phrase? "Give them a gun to shoot themselves in the foot"?

Regardless, this role is designed to prey on the Town's incompetence and rewards evils for spreading misinformation. As witch directly manipulates the Town's actions, the Broker indirectly affects them instead.
Last edited by cob709 on Mon May 10, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Broker(Neutral Evil)

Postby superdog551 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Any good town would not use the gun unless someone is pretty much proven evil, I think this would only be a detriment to evils

Edit: Even if players are forced to use the gun the next night a smart town could still end up guessing a mafia or just randomly hitting one.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon May 10, 2021 11:16 pm

NE Gunsmith is just going to backfire 99% of the time

Maybe this'd work if it was a Town role and it could give the gun to evils (to not autoconfirm all of its targets)
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby cob709 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:24 pm

superdog551 wrote:Any good town would not use the gun unless someone is pretty much proven evil, I think this would only be a detriment to evils

Edit: Even if players are forced to use the gun the next night a smart town could still end up guessing a mafia or just randomly hitting one.

As the town can choose to not use the gun, the Broker may also choose not not give the gun as well.
The draw of the role is that it baits players with tremendous rewards for shooting correctly, but punishes them harshly for choosing wrongly. It's comparable to gambling. It's smarter to not gamble, but you just can't resist.

Ezradekezra wrote:NE Gunsmith is just going to backfire 99% of the time

Maybe this'd work if it was a Town role and it could give the gun to evils (to not autoconfirm all of its targets)

It is true that NE roles that have the potential to add killing power are generally frowned upon. This was balanced as much as possible by distributing the extra killing power as the town chooses who to kill, but the evils choose who represents the town.

Just as a vigilante could shoot both Mafia and Town, the Broker's target can as well.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon May 10, 2021 11:27 pm

cob709 wrote:

It is true that NE roles that have the potential to add killing power are generally frowned upon. This was balanced as much as possible by distributing the extra killing power as the town chooses who to kill, but the evils choose who represents the town.

Just as a vigilante could shoot both Mafia and Town, the Broker's target can as well.

Methinks you've been playing too much FM lately

I'm pretty sure that 99% of the time, the person with the gun is going to holster unless there's a mech-confirmed scum to shoot
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby cob709 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
cob709 wrote:

Methinks you've been playing too much FM lately

I'm pretty sure that 99% of the time, the person with the gun is going to holster unless there's a mech-confirmed scum to shoot

nuts. you're right. this is balanced around too much fm logic
was thinking "well- town doesnt wait until someone's mech confirmed to lynch so they wouldnt wait until someone's mech confirmed to shoot" but idk

Could it work better in Neutral(Chaos) with a different wincon?

edit:

it depends on person to person. some players are more cautious, while some are more impulsive
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Role Ideas