Fraud (Neutral Benign)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Fraud (Neutral Benign)

Postby Cookazoo2 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:26 am

Fraud (Neutral Benign)
ATTACK: None || DEFENSE: Basic
— Target someone at night to attempt to mark them.
— If you are attacked, your mark will succeed, and you will also mark your attacker.
— Once you are attacked, your goal will be to survive to see one of your two marked targets killed in any manner.

GOAL: Get attacked and get your revenge.

Sheriff: NS
Investigator: Sher/Exe/WW/Pois/Fraud
Consigliere: Your target lies for money. They must be a Fraud!

The goal here was to create a role that tried to defraud insurance by getting attacked and blaming it on someone else/their attacker.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: Fraud (Neutral Benign)

Postby alex1234321 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:05 am

The one issue I see is that a Fraud who is attacked can (presumably) see who attacked them and try to get them lynched, so the role would be most likely to help Town. Of course Executioners could do the same thing, but this would require there to be no deaths. Also you don't see too many Sheriffs withholding a sus result because someone might accuse them of being an Executioner.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Fraud (Neutral Benign)

Postby runningwiththepower » Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 am

I like this role but I agree with Alex's point (~~~somewhat~~~) that it may be a bit too Town-sided of a Neutral role. Evils struggle as it is already, adding Neutral roles that disadvantage Evils makes their lives harder --from an Evil player ;)

With all that being said, I DO like the role. I think there are 2 different ways to improve it
1. Make it so that when the game starts, the Fraud has 2 Players already Marked from the Start. That takes the whole "being attacked bit" but I guess makes it less unique (but also, IMO, easier--it would be kinda difficult I think to Mark a Player & have yourself be attacked in the same go)

2. OR, something more creative, you could try to play with this idea of a Role that WANTS to be attacked. Maybe something like the person that attacks them is their target that they have to see Survive to the end of the game? Or maybe like the Fraud's goal is to kill someone but their attack is only successful when they themselves are attacked? (Ex. Aaliyah is Fraud. Aaliyah attacks Barnabas N1. Aaliyah's attack fails because she wasn't attack that Night. Aaliyah attacks Chosovi N2. Aaliyah is attacked that night by the Serial Killer. Aaliyah's attack goes through & she kills Chosovi & gets her Win)
Or maybe something else entirely LOL

like i said, this role has potential it just needs some tweaking IMO :)
runningwiththepower

Return to Role Ideas