Blacksmith [Town Support]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Blacksmith [Town Support]

Postby MarsGodofWar » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:40 am

Role Name: Blacksmith

Role Alignment:
Town Support & Power UNIQUE

Abilities:
-At night target a player and give them a gun
-At night target a player and give them a bulletproof vest

Attributes:
-You may give out two guns
-You may give out two bulletproof vests
-Guns grant your target a 1-time basic attack
-Bulletproof vests grant your target a basic defense
-Bulletproof vests are passive and don't need to be activated

Notifications:
-A Blacksmith has granted you a gun
-A Blacksmith has given you a bulletproof vest
-You were shot with a revolver

Special Attributes:

Additional Information:
-Night 1 is reserved for the Blacksmith to craft his weapons and armour.
-Blacksmith cannot provide himself with his own guns/armor even if Witched
-If Witched whichever item he's selected will be given to the player that he's Witched onto.
-If the Blacksmith hasn't selected anyone, it will be a 50/50 on weather he gives a gun or bulletproof vest or whatever is in supply.
Last edited by MarsGodofWar on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Re: Blacksmith

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 am

The gun ability makes this role self-confirm, so it can only be suitable for Town Power, which doesn't exist yet. I think Town Power should be added to prevent those roles from spawning in Ranked, but other solutions like Arcade Roles work. The game should be balanced around high-Elo Ranked, where Townies don't need self-confirmed leaders. Even if Town Power was added, I would not support the addition of new roles into that alignment because they would be unsuitable for Ranked. The gun ability is also bad because it is just as swingy as a Vig shot and probably even worse. The Blacksmith can mess up either by giving the gun to scum (which would almost guarantee that a Townie would die) or by giving the gun to a Townie who shoots Town. Vigilantes usually shoot scum, so there is less variation in how they impact the game. The Blacksmith's gun would be more likely to shoot Town than a Vig shot, which introduces more variance in how it impacts the game.

If the gun ability were removed, this would be a more viable role if not slightly boring. I actually have a similar role in the works that can give players autovests.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Blacksmith [Town Support]

Postby MarsGodofWar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:42 am

REWORKED!!!
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Re: Blacksmith

Postby MarsGodofWar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:46 am

alex1234321 wrote:The gun ability makes this role self-confirm, so it can only be suitable for Town Power, which doesn't exist yet. I think Town Power should be added to prevent those roles from spawning in Ranked, but other solutions like Arcade Roles work. The game should be balanced around high-Elo Ranked, where Townies don't need self-confirmed leaders. Even if Town Power was added, I would not support the addition of new roles into that alignment because they would be unsuitable for Ranked. The gun ability is also bad because it is just as swingy as a Vig shot and probably even worse. The Blacksmith can mess up either by giving the gun to scum (which would almost guarantee that a Townie would die) or by giving the gun to a Townie who shoots Town. Vigilantes usually shoot scum, so there is less variation in how they impact the game. The Blacksmith's gun would be more likely to shoot Town than a Vig shot, which introduces more variance in how it impacts the game.

If the gun ability were removed, this would be a more viable role if not slightly boring. I actually have a similar role in the works that can give players autovests.

An important role like this may not want to come out. Especially if there was a possible Auditor or Judge is the game, which is one of the best ways to counter the TP/LO meta and make instantly confirming yourself somewhat dangerous (as it should be) viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116255

But yes I support the addition of Town Power. But it should still occur in ranked. These harder-to-play roles deserve higher ELO gains when you play them well.

I disagree with the gun ability being bad. It's only two guns, the earliest one can be fired is Night 3. Doubt its more swingy then a random Vigilante shot. You give a gun to an evil, big deal shit happens, but its far from game-breaking. "Vigilantes usually shoot scum" is one of the most false statements I've ever heard, even in Masters. A Vigilante misfiring causes you to lose two town members. A Blacksmith giving a gun to an evildoer will only cost you potentially one.
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Return to Role Ideas