Hypnotist Buff

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Hypnotist Buff

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 pm

- Hypnotist can hypnotize up to 2 separate players each night (only 1 player can be selected if the hypno only wishes to hypnotize one player), but may only choose one message to send.
- Hypnotist gains a new option in their GUI that allows them to hide all non-feedback notifications of a target that night instead of giving them false feedback.
- Witched players will receive feedback again.

That last part may seem like a nerf to witch, but it isn't really a big deal because it means that the controlled message is useful again to make TIs and other roles unsure about their feedback. The hypno can also hide the witched message of a witched townie, making a TI get false results essentially. The hiding feedback option means that spies can no longer confirm themselves easily if it's a hypno + jailor meta game, since the hypno can just visit the jailor n1 to hide all of the jailor's notifications. It also makes it possible to fake claim transporter as an evil role without a hypno in the game, since RMs can just visit a random townie, and then claim to have transported them and claim there is a hypno, and the spy would see the mafia visit on that townie.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Hypnotist Buff

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:07 pm

Hiding a non feedback notifications... isnt that just a roleblock?

Because feedback notifications are the "you were controlled"
"You were transported"
"You were attacked but healed"

Etc

Also what would a spy bug see in that situation?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Hiding a non feedback notifications... isnt that just a roleblock?

Because feedback notifications are the "you were controlled"
"You were transported"

Etc

Also what would a spy bug see in that situation?

Feedback messages are role-specific messages (e.g. your target's defense was too strong, your target was attacked, any TI results, etc). Also, no, a spy bug won't see any messages hidden by a hypnotist.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:02 am

Im ok with this buff, it makes Hypnotist way better then he is, only problem then with the 2 hypno per night might make him too op, and reducing it to 1 could still make him a little too up.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Paradox12 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:Im ok with this buff, it makes Hypnotist way better then he is, only problem then with the 2 hypno per night might make him too op, and reducing it to 1 could still make him a little too up.

I mean hypno is pretty weak rn, so it's fine if he becomes a bit more useful.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:21 pm

Paradox12 wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:Im ok with this buff, it makes Hypnotist way better then he is, only problem then with the 2 hypno per night might make him too op, and reducing it to 1 could still make him a little too up.

Yeah I would rather have a slightly OP role for a while then a really UP role.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Paradox12 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:
Paradox12 wrote:

Yeah I would rather have a slightly OP role for a while then a really UP role.

Yeah, it might not even be that OP tbh. Everyone thought hypno would be OP when it was first added to classic because no one was used to the role being in games. But now that people have gotten used to the role, it became really UP.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:20 pm

[quote="Paradox12"][quote="CapWarrior2"][quote="Paradox12"][quote="CapWarrior2"]Im ok with this buff, it makes Hypnotist way better then he is, only problem then with the 2 hypno per night might make him too op, and reducing it to 1 could still make him a little too up.[/quote]
I mean hypno is pretty weak rn, so it's fine if he becomes a bit more useful.[/quote]

Yeah I would rather have a slightly OP role for a while then a really UP role.[/quote]
Yeah, it might not even be that OP tbh. Everyone thought hypno would be OP when it was first added to classic because no one was used to the role being in games. But now that people have gotten used to the role, it became really UP.[/quote]

I realized before it was added to classic that it was UP

The base idea is great, but it was done very badly

It lacks a lot of notifications, and most messages are useless or very risky

"YoU tRiGgErEd a trap"

That message is stupid

The only 4 good ones are

"You were transported"

"You were controlled" (if used correctly can cause a misslynch)

"You were roleblocked" (if used correctly can cause misslynches too, but it is easier to make a mistake with it)

syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Role Ideas